• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Getting rid of the like button?

• Yes

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 25 83.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ThisIsTheLastNight

ThisIsTheLastNight

Weakness is the root of all evil
Jan 29, 2019
It has already been discussed in another thread. Some were for it, others against it. I would be interested to know how many in total for or against.

Reactions: Made4TV and lemmeeleev
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
This is really tricky as I need some way to communicate how much I appreciate the people that have made me laugh because, genuinely, some days that stops me from taking in an unplanned step off a busy bridge.

Plus I need a like button for the Pet thread and @iHeartRockArt snake rock

I am honestly caught between a rock and a hard place.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, Memento Mori, therhydler and 14 others
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
Normally I'd have been indifferent to it being removed; having seen some of the recent arguments about removing it, which strike me as being not very far from "whenever l start a beef my target garners more likes from their reply than l do for my excellent highbrow content, pls remove", I'd actually prefer it to stay.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, Skathon, LiveSlowDieFast and 13 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Normally I'd have been indifferent to it being removed; having seen some of the recent arguments about removing it, which strike me as being not very far from "whenever l start a beef my target garners more likes from their reply than l do for my excellent highbrow content, pls remove", I'd actually prefer it to stay.
I'm with Chinaski on this, I'm not even going to cast a vote on this, it's a trivial matter. As has been discussed on a recent thread this is nothing more than a social media site, unfortunately that's how social media works. Stick around long enough and post worthwhile relevant posts and you too can be part of the imaginary mafia that exists on here. I see that you came on here on the 29th of January, the day after another member who has expressed his upset about it joined.
I personally treat new users with suspicion after learning not to take anyone at face value on here. Do a search and find out how many fakes and trolls have been exposed.

Reactions: Memento Mori, Jupiter, stellabelle and 12 others
Othermind

Othermind

-
Dec 26, 2018
I voted "Yes" on impulse, but at the end of the day I don't think it would make much of a difference.
One thing that kind of annoys me is some users liking every post they see making the whole thing just meaningless, but I guess I can live with that.

Reactions: littlelady774, Whatshername, throwaway123 and 1 other person
NoChoice

NoChoice

Fallen Zen Master
Jan 28, 2019
I was OP of said thread. Not once did I argue to remove the like button. Keep the like button. Add the option to comment under posts.

Reactions: lemmeeleev
Made4TV

Made4TV

A hopeless hope junkie
Sep 17, 2018
I voted "Yes" on impulse, but at the end of the day I don't think it would make much of a difference.
One thing that kind of annoys me is some users liking every post they see making the whole thing just meaningless, but I guess I can live with that.
Yeah for me it renders that person's future likes completely meaningless, but I don't mind them doing it if it makes them happy.

Reactions: Johnnythefox, About_to_Go and lemmeeleev
lemmeeleev

lemmeeleev

Still here
Nov 29, 2018
Oops, I'm guilty of that. I like posts just so if I come back to the thread I know what ones I've read. Sometimes I hit the "mark all posts as read" because there's so many posts I haven't seen I won't go into every single one.

Reactions: stellabelle, Wolfjob_dayjob, faex42 and 4 others
lemmeeleev

lemmeeleev

Still here
Nov 29, 2018
I'm sorry, I don't mean to be annoying.

Reactions: stellabelle, Wolfjob_dayjob, About_to_Go and 1 other person
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Oops, I'm guilty of that. I like posts just so if I come back to the thread I know what ones I've read. Sometimes I hit the "mark all posts as read" because there's so many posts I haven't seen I won't go into every single one.

@lemmeeleev you are so nice and kind everyone instantly forgives you everything:-)
Even homicide :-)

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, faex42, About_to_Go and 2 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
One thing that kind of annoys me is some users liking every post they see making the whole thing just meaningless
Has it occurred to you that some users might have serious mental health issues and it could be seen as OCD or some other illness that gets them through the day.

Reactions: waived, stellabelle, Made4TV and 5 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
I'm sorry, I don't mean to be annoying.
You're not being annoying and you don't need to apologise to anyone for your innocent behaviour.

Reactions: stellabelle, About_to_Go, TheCrow and 2 others
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
I don't expect you to give anywhere near a thoughtful or respectful response, let alone fulfill my request.

I didn't expect you to crawl into my pms with unsolicited weirdness either, but here we are.

If you didn't read the "l hate the like button" argument in the same way l did, that's up to you, clearly. If the like button gets up your nose for whatever reason, feel free to state your position, just like l did. It's equally valid. See how this works?

Reactions: Norest4thewicked, About_to_Go, Johnnythefox and 1 other person
NoChoice

NoChoice

Fallen Zen Master
Jan 28, 2019
For someone who insults others about punctuation you could really use a lesson or two.

NoChoice

NoChoice

Fallen Zen Master
Jan 28, 2019
I didn't expect you to crawl into my pms with unsolicited weirdness either, but here we are.

If you didn't read the "l hate the like button" argument in the same way l did, that's up to you, clearly. If the like button gets up your nose for whatever reason, feel free to state your position, just like l did. It's equally valid. See how this works?
I deleted my post before I saw this. Feeling tired of circular arguments with no one willing to even entertain another viewpoint.

I didn't "crawl" anywhere I simply clicked a button to communicate to you to see if you cared to actually make 1 single counterargument to any 1 of my previous posts, to which you declined on the basis that you wanted the public to "reach their own conclusions". I've already stated many times I have no problem with the like button, but like anything else it can be misused. You thrive off of it for validity and you've already made that very clear.

Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
For someone who insults others about punctuation you could really use a lesson or two.
Fur christ sake mate, if being on here is nae up tae your high expectations then maybe yer in the wrong place.

Reactions: Skathon, Jupiter, stellabelle and 8 others
NoChoice

NoChoice

Fallen Zen Master
Jan 28, 2019

There's no point in arguing anything with you here because 1. You already have a clique that will out like anyone who even reads my post 2. The fact that anything you post will be liked is causing you to post some seriously meaningless, insulting and generally lazy responses 3. You, or anyone else, never made anything near a competent counter argument to anything I said but rather made assumptions and spout rash insults at me to make yourselves feel better. I'm glad I can do that for you, I really don't mind it. Group up against me because I am the bad guy :)

Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
I deleted my post before I saw this. Feeling tired of circular arguments with no one willing to even entertain another viewpoint.

I didn't "crawl" anywhere I simply clicked a button to communicate to you to see if you cared to actually make 1 single counterargument to any 1 of my previous posts, to which you declined on the basis that you wanted the public to "reach their own conclusions". I've already stated many times I have no problem with the like button, but like anything else it can be misused. You thrive off of it for validity and you've already made that very clear.

Here's your shitty pm pal, don't fucking message me again, either with this account or your next one.

No arguments whatsoever just insults and assumptions. You won't reply to this because you just want to be hailed publicly as some contributor that you aren't.

I'm happy to engage with you publicly, certainly. No unsolicited pms please, if you want to bicker I'd be happy to do it in public; that way, everyone can see and draw their own conclusions.

Reactions: NoChoice, Broken, lemmeeleev and 3 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
There's no point in arguing anything with you here because 1. You already have a clique that will out like anyone who even reads my post 2. The fact that anything you post will be liked is causing you to post some seriously meaningless, insulting and generally lazy responses 3. You, or anyone else, never made anything near a competent counter argument to anything I said but rather made assumptions and spout rash insults at me to make yourselves feel better. I'm glad I can do that for you, I really don't mind it. Group up against me because I am the bad guy :)
Gie it a rest

Reactions: NoChoice, Broken, lemmeeleev and 2 others
Eren

Eren

Si hablas español mándame un MP
Oct 27, 2018
No please!!! :haha:

Reactions: lemmeeleev, NoChoice, Deleted member 4993 and 1 other person
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Two things. Am stressed.

Now I don't know what I'm supposed to like and not like in case I inadvertently offend someone. Whereas before I just liked things that I liked plus things by @WayOut as they have a hold over me.

And secondly, now I feel really conflicted as I used to just reply where I thought I could try and be helpful
Now I think oh my god there's something with no replies, I must reply or else I'm a bad person even though I know nothing about their issues like SN or whatever :-( wdyd

:-(

Last edited:
Reactions: WayOut, stellabelle, Whatshername and 8 others
iHeartRockArt

iHeartRockArt

Wizard
Sep 21, 2018
Everyone needs to stop this back and forth bickering over a like button before this thread gets closed as well.

Reactions: stellabelle, NoChoice, Norest4thewicked and 6 others
Made4TV

Made4TV

A hopeless hope junkie
Sep 17, 2018
Two things. Am stressed.

Now I don't know what I'm supposed to like and not like in case I inadvertently offend someone.

And secondly, now I feel really conflicted as I used to just reply where I thought I could try and be helpful
Now I think oh my god there's something with no replies, I must reply or else I'm a bad person

I wouldn't worry too much about it. This is one asshole who is getting pleasure from thinking he's persecuted. He's digging his own grave and it'll blow over shortly and be situation normal again. You're lovely; don't change.

Reactions: WayOut, stellabelle, Whatshername and 6 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Two things. Am stressed.

Now I don't know what I'm supposed to like and not like in case I inadvertently offend someone.

Now I think oh my god there's something with no replies, I must reply or else I'm a bad person

I'm neither going to like or reply to this, it could be construed as the work of the illuminati SS mafia free mason girl guides.

Reactions: WayOut, stellabelle, Whatshername and 6 others
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
I like having the "like" button. I wish there was also a "dislike" button a "neutral" button a "lol" button and maybe a "wtf" button

Reactions: WayOut, stellabelle, Norest4thewicked and 5 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
I like having the "like" button. I wish there was also a "dislike" button a "neutral" button a "lol" button and maybe a "wtf" button

I read that last one as a "wuff" button so you get a like

Reactions: WayOut, stellabelle, Norest4thewicked and 3 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Everyone needs to stop this back and forth bickering over a like button before this thread gets closed as well.

Can you post some more rock pictures?

Reactions: WayOut, stellabelle, Made4TV and 4 others
About_to_Go

About_to_Go

It deepens like a coastal shelf
Mar 20, 2018
Two things. Am stressed.

Please don't think this. Everything you were doing up to now was awesome and very much appreciated.

At this point, I'd say this person is just trying to get a rise out of everyone. I'm going to click 'Ignore' for the first time.

Reactions: Circles, WayOut, stellabelle and 5 others
Status
Not open for further replies.