Do you parents let you stay out late, past your normal bedtime?

• Yes I can come home late as I want

• Yes but I still have a time I'm supposed to come home

• No never

• Sometimes

• No but I stay out late anyway

• I don't live with my parents

Results are only viewable after voting.
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Do your parents let you stay out late? Late could be anything past your normal bedtime or past about 10 p.m. at night. There is also the choice you can check saying you don't live with your parents.

Reactions: I Can't Say
slothstar56

slothstar56

Nov 3, 2023
This is a odd poll for a over 18 page, I guess I don't know why you would need your parents permission to stay out late if you were an adult.

Reactions: Ligand, Kit1, lachrymost and 1 other person
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
This is a odd poll for a over 18 page, I guess I don't know why you would need your parents permission to stay out late if you were an adult.
Exactly right. This site is only for those over 18.

Reactions: Kit1
february in alaska

february in alaska

wandering aimlessly
Sep 13, 2023
...? What do you mean "let"? Only someone underage or severely intellectually disabled might require his parents' permission to do something.

At least in America, I think it's pretty common for parents to keep forcing their kids to follow their rules when they're still financially dependent on them/if they're living in their parents' house

• Informative
Reactions: bugs_for_brains, Kit1, lachrymost and 2 others
MiMif

MiMif

I do not live for others to understand me...
Sep 13, 2023
Huh... Can American parents evict their children, then?
Yeah
I don't get the pointnof this question...also shouldn't this be in off topic.

But for.people saying this only applies to minors...some parents are very controlling and when your a young adult who needs help and can't afford living on your own, you'll probably go live with your controlling parents so it doesn't just apply to minors

"I don't care if your an adult your living in my house" is probably what they hear. I mean I currently.dont live with my parents but when I go to visit that's what I hear

Reactions: bugs_for_brains, Rogue Proxy, Kit1 and 3 others
KillerIsMe

KillerIsMe

Aug 26, 2023
Wait, seriously? That's fucked up, then...

I'm disabled (almost bedbound) and have no income, so my survival depends entirely on my mother and father's ability and willingness to provide for me, but they can't control/blackmail me in any way, as I would simply refuse to comply and die otherwise. And always refuse to comply if I don't agree with something (in general).
it's up to the parents whether they want to support their adult child. Some will, some won't, but it's not required. Most parents here would support their disabled child.

But there is a sense of resentment when a child is still living at home in their 20s because of our culture, and a view that those children are selfish, entitled, lazy, or coddled.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Kit1 and Skathon
fwompie

fwompie

pit rat
Aug 9, 2023
Exactly right. This site is only for those over 18.
To be fair, I'm 24, I live with my parents and I don't have a time limit of when I need to be home. But at night if I go outside even just to smoke, or downstairs to get food or a drink after 21:30, I get complaints and they call me selfish for "waking them up" even though I try to be as quiet as possible. They threaten to kick me out often and this is one of the factors so I'm pretty stuck in regards to time.

There's some adults living with parents who are just really strict and controlling. It just sucks.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Kit1, アホペンギン, lachrymost and 2 others
avoid

avoid

⦿ ⦿
Jul 31, 2023
I don't live with my parents anymore but when I did, I could be out for as long as I wanted as long as I kept my parents notified. For example, if I told them that I would be home around 23:00 but later my plans changed, then I would just message/call them to say that I'll be home much later (specify new time) or would be staying over at a friend's house.

Reactions: Kit1, lachrymost and Meditation guide
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Seems like a poll to bait out the minors? I'm old enough to be a parent myself. Back in the day though- I didn't test it really. I was and am really square and boring.

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I still live with my parents despite the fact that I'm nearly 19. They don't do such things anymore, that ended long ago. They only did such things to me as a child.

lachrymost

lachrymost

finger on the eject button
Oct 4, 2022
When I lived with my parents as an adult, I never really left the house. I didn't have friends and I can't drive, so there was no need for a rule like this, but they probably would have had rules if so. I did go for late night walks around my neighborhood and they just told me to be careful, but that's not going far. They restricted my internet usage, so they were kind of controlling (mainly my Dad) in the hopes that it would make me finish high school/get a job. They've long realized that's a lost cause. Lol.

K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
Do your parents let you stay out late? Late could be anything past your normal bedtime or past about 10 p.m. at night. There is also the choice you can check saying you don't live with your parents

Do your parents let you stay out late? Late could be anything past your normal bedtime or past about 10 p.m. at night. There is also the choice you can check saying you don't live with your parents.
I am so sorry to ask you - but are you 18 years or older? Just concerned..,
I am in my late 40s and a parent myself. I barely lived with my parents and so am not jn a position to answer that question. However I have a young son over the age of 18 and he doesn't have a time limit - but we have an agreement that he can call me anytime to be picked up and thankfully he does call me - so I know that he will be safe. I have another young teenage daughter who is under the age of 18 - we have never discussed a time limit as she prefers to be picked up and dropped off wherever she goes - so I know that she is safe and where she is. So we have never had to have that chat.

This forum is for people aged 18 and over. I appreciate that people like myself get a lot of relief and support from being here. However it is not really ideal for young people aged under 18 due to the heavily emotionally loaded content that we discuss. I also respect that some young people/teenagers/children are forced to grow up quickly due to a number of harsh and unfair circumstances and might be on this forum. If you would ever like a chat, please let me know - though I must add (from personal experience growing up) that it is difficult to tell who safe adults are. There will hopefully be safe helplines (such as Childline in the UK) that you might be able to reach out.

I am so sorry about the lengthy message or if I have offended or hurt someone. All children and young people deserve to grow up in safe, loving and secure environments/relationships/families/communities and deserve the best chance in life.

Last edited:
Reactions: slothstar56
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
I am in my late 40s and a parent myself. I barely lived with my parents and so am not jn a position to answer that question. However I have a young son over the age of 18 and he doesn't have a time limit - but we have an agreement that he can call me anytime to be picked up and thankfully he does call me - so I know that he will be safe. I have another young teenage daughter who is under the age of 18 - we have never discussed a time limit as she prefers to be picked up and dropped off wherever she goes - so I know that she is safe and where she is. So we have never had to have that chat.

This forum is for people aged 18 and over. I appreciate that people like myself get a lot of relief and support from being here. However it is not really ideal for young people aged under 18 due to the heavily emotionally loaded content that we discuss. I also respect that some young people/teenagers/children are forces to grow up quickly due to a number of harsh and u fair circumstances and might be on this forum. If you would ever like a chat, please let me know - though I must add (from personal experience growing up) that it is difficult to tell who safe adults are. There will hopefully be safe helplines (such as Childline in the UK) that you might be able to reach out.

I am so sorry about the lengthy message and if I have offended or hurt someone. All children and young people deserved to grow up in safe, loving and secure environments/relationships/families/communities and deserve the best chance in life.