Do you work at a job of any kind for pay?

• I work from home full time

• I work from home part time

• I go to a job full time

• I go to a job part time

• No I have no job

• I had a job until just recently but no longer work at a job.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
How many of us have a job? Anonymous poll. You have to vote to see results.

Last edited:
Reactions: Susannah, Jumper Geo, epic and 2 others
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
Nope, can't work due to being too much of a massive emo. Not really interested in getting one either, would just give me money which i dont care much for.

• Love
Reactions: ShornSoloists, NeverEndingProblem, Disappointered and 5 others
StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
Nope, I tried working but it was overwhelming

• Hugs
Reactions: ShornSoloists, Disappointered, bloomingdark and 5 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I was wondering about people having a job who want to ctb. And also wondering if they are not able to have one.
Or if it's a partial cause of depression, to not have one, or it's a result of depression or maybe some of both.

TheSomebody

TheSomebody

Sep 28, 2020
nope, im good at nothing and extremely unmotivated for everything.

• Love
Reactions: ShornSoloists, NeverEndingProblem, Disappointered and 5 others
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
No. My mental health renders me barely functional half the time, sadly

• Love
Reactions: ShornSoloists, NeverEndingProblem, Disappointered and 4 others
RottenDeer

RottenDeer

Rotten to the core.
Feb 29, 2020
I am working full time, yes but I don't always appreciate it. On some days, it's really horrible but my co workers are nice.

Reactions: NeverEndingProblem and Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
it's really horrible but my co workers are nice.
Having nice co workers is very important in any job. And especially if they are funny too.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
No I don´t have a job. I can´t work because of my throat problem and last time I got a full time adult job I went down with depression after only 1½ months since I realized after only 1-2 weeks that I would have to work 10 hours a day 5 days a week for the rest of my life and when you work you get less vacation time than when you went to school. So I am not interested in having a job I don´t want to spend the majority of my "life" working on a job I don´t like for the rest of my "life".

I used to work as a dish washer 16 hours a week most of the time for 2½ years and me and my brother were the most reliant dish washers. Most of the other dishwashers would only work there for a couple months or even a few weeks which must be annoying for the employer to constantly have to find workers for the job so me being so reliant had it´s perks like I could show up completely stoned and my boss and chefs wouldn´t care because I got the job done time even flew by faster when high, even 2 times in the 2½ years I worked there I didn´t show up or answered my boss call after a weed smoking party with my friends because I wanted to keep smoking that Saturday where I was supposed to work and all I said was I forgot I had to work and I didn´t even get a warning because most of the time I was so reliant and even went to work when all the others who only worked there for a few weeks or months didn´t show up so I took A LOT of those work days which sucked ass but I couldn´t blow my boss off they needed someone as a dishwasher and it was extra money and tax free because I wasn´t 18 years old.

One time I even got the big black garbage bags one filled with corn on a cob and another filled with spareribs for free can you imagine how much that is a full garbage bag with spareribs that was a lot and lasted long I also always loved when we had dinner at the break since the food was sooo good but sometimes we were too busy and I didn´t have lunch for a whole day or even a break probably not legal for someone working 7-8 hours or more but I actually kind of miss it. And it wasn´t so embarrassing as a teenager to be a dish washer many teenagers had jobs that would be embarrassing to an adult and most didn´t even have jobs they just went to school so it´s not like adult life where your job gives you some kind of identity or respect back as a teenager we were all equal because we all went to school and some had a job on the side to make some extra money.

Reactions: epic and Meditation guide
Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
Does university count?

Reactions: Fin
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Does university count?
Not unless you get paid to go there. Like a job.

I thought about this poll because I noticed I wasn't depressed when I had a job, at least one I liked and was good at. My depression was based on no money and not feeling I fit into society, feeling alienated, but when I got a job and found I was good at it all that changed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Disappointered and Fin
Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
Not unless you get paid to go there. Like a job.

I thought about this poll because I noticed I wasn't depressed when I had a job, at least one I liked and was good at. My depression was based on no money and not feeling I fit into society, feeling alienated, but when I got a job and found I was good at it all that changed.
Then no, and honestly I don't plan on getting one

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Then no, and honestly I don't plan on getting one
Why not? Just curious. I assume you have support. Do you have a car? You don't need to answer if you don't want to of course.

Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
Why not? Just curious. I assume you have support. Do you have a car? You don't need to answer if you don't want to of course.
I can't drive due to a problem with my leg

As for the job, I just don't find the sense in working all day just to go back to an empty house. Also I'm planning to ctb anyway

But if I decide to keep living I will have to find one, since no neetbuxx here

LastWhisper

LastWhisper

Who cares if I'm drunk?
Oct 29, 2019
I work from home for around ~4-5 hours per a day, but not every day, sometimes I can skip it for a whole week, sometimes I'm working every day, depends on how I feel. I tried to get a full job few times, but failed. Anyway I didn't want it. I almost abandon my current job, but I earned enough money to sit home for a few years and do nothing, and I'm going to ctb soon, so I won't even have a time to spend it lol.

ThrownAwayTom

ThrownAwayTom

Experienced
Oct 3, 2020
I started working from home in March for a really decent/big accountancy firm. Its quite stressful sometimes, but other times I can basically do nothing for a day or two and be fine as long as I catch up.

Losing it would worsen my depression a lot simply because I'm used to the money and would have fuck all if I couldn't pay for booze and weed.

Reactions: epic and Meditation guide

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
I'd compare it with physical exercises. I used to do them when I had the energy and motivation, and when the benefits were worth the effort. I don't think that I'm feeling more depressed now because I'm not exercising. Yes, there is a correlation. Rather, I don't seem to have the necessary energy and motivation to do things that would satisfy my needs and make me feel better, including physical exercises and probably a job too. I also don't have a vital need to get and maintain a job because my family takes care of me. I would off myself if my caretakers disappeared now.

In some sense it is unnatural to not being able to survive on my own as an adult yet having my life sustained by others. I think our bodies are constructed in a way that passivity breeds more pain and suffering rather than pleasure and contentment, because of the hunger factor. At the same time most activities bring more bad feelings than good. I would compare it to a huge dark room with the beam of light shining on the surface, and most of the time that beam keeps moving. Staying in the light, which requires resources (sometimes way too much), is how to get good feelings. Staying in the dark leads to bad feelings.

M

Mthom2

Student
Oct 19, 2020
Yes, I am an uber driver. And I'm suicidal. But don't worry, I'd never do anything to harm anyone else! I started out part time nearly a year ago to supplement my full time job. Which means I never ever had a day off. Then right before covid hit the USA, a tornado hit and heavily damaged my job. I was there when it happened. Anyways, I had to start driving full time.

Honestly, driving rideshare makes depression and suicide thoughts increase dramatically. If you guys only knew what I have to go through. The thing is, my health won't allow me to work most jobs because there's no way I could stand for 8 hours.

The instability of working rideshare guarantees that it is only a temporary solution. I rely on it to survive, but I hate it with everything I am. There have been countless nights that I'd have to log off and pull over just to cry. Every single night, before I login, I wonder if I should just unbuckle my seat belt and gun it full speed into a brick wall.

Working is a nightmare when you deal with the public and work with a highly unethical company.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Silvermorning, Midnight-rain, Disappointered and 1 other person
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
Currently, I'm on disability and really don't want a job, but will probably have to get one eventually because disability is just too little money. In the mean time when next August comes, I'm hoping to get back into college for my bachelor's degree, but I have to see how covid is first because there's no way I'm going to go and I don't feel like doing online. All of this if I haven't ctb by then due to my issues.

Reactions: Disappointered, TotallyIsolated and Meditation guide
EssenceFocus

EssenceFocus

Student
Sep 28, 2020
I work full time in a hospital, but I will reduce it a bit next year, so that I still have enough money but a bit more freetime.

Reactions: epic and fox21132113
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I work full time at home. Will be working from home for awhile until they call us all back. I somewhat miss my coworkers.

Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
People without jobs: How?
Do you live with your parents?
My dad threw me out when I turned 18.
I have to have a job or I'd starve and freeze to death under a bridge.

Reactions: Meditation guide
SelfLiberation

SelfLiberation

Thinking about ctb ever since I can remember
Oct 8, 2020
Worked for a year and I have had enough. The job wasn't bad, but due to my health problems it was unbearable to me. Hope I will ctb soon, so I won't have to go to another one.

• Aww..
Reactions: Squiddy and purplesmoothie
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I live with my grandma currently (might go back to live with parents soon), but I'll have to have a job eventually unfortunately. I just don't know how I'm gonna keep one with my mental health issues, cognition issues and going back and forth to the hospital. All this is another reason I want to ctb.

• Hugs
Reactions: NeverEndingProblem, Disappointered, Meditation guide and 1 other person
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
If it wasn't for my mental and physical issues I would probably work. I haven't worked in years now. My abusive ex let me stay with him and I couldn't leave or I would be homeless (not the first time). I was finally able to leave him and get back on better terms with my parents and met someone else. I feel worthless though like a leech. Everyone knows I can't work though. I wish I could at least receive disability but thanks to living in Murica it's almost impossible.

• Hugs
Reactions: Disappointered and Meditation guide
T

TotallyIsolated

Mage
Nov 25, 2019
I've been back in full-time employment since just before lockdown (lucky!). I had been out of work for about 18 months prior to that.

F

fox21132113

Student
Sep 8, 2020
Same here, I left by choice as there was no home. Although I was homeless until I got a job and the rest is history

Reactions: Good4Nothing
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I had a job until January, but my mental health got so bad that I had to leave or be fired due to sickness. Been out of work and living on welfare since.

Reactions: Deleted member 19276
N

netrezven

Mage
Dec 13, 2018
I used to be a bartender, some other regular stuff, some work in police. I don't have a job since years. One of my nightmares is to work for somebody else except me. I don't think it's possible at all. Well I'm officially ceo in my company, that exists almost only on few scanned documents and electronic registers. I made it only to calm down my father for paying some taxes. Now this registered thing has to pay all my taxes, but I'm not the one that owns the money. Win/win :)

Reactions: Lordsudbury
MichaelNomad123

MichaelNomad123

Jesus
Oct 15, 2020
Lasted 2 days.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Disappointered, epic and Deleted member 19276