• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Are false information a problem on Sanctioned Suicide?

• Yes, related to suicide methods

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Yes, related to politics

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Yes, related to worldviews and philosophies

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Yes, related to something else (please comment)

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Yes, it has. I voted for something from above but I would prefer to call it half-knowledge instead

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Yes, on something from above but not in a severe way

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Maybe, I don't know.

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • No, not at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Edit: I changed it from misinformation to false information because I think misinformation are spread on purpose and the person is aware of it. What I do not mean.

Maybe another thread could be dedicated to potential solutions. In Germany there a journlistic fact checkers but US citizens have to laugh at that.

Maybe misinformation is too harsh and we should rather call it half-knowledge. But I rather choose misinformation for this thread spread by users not from the mods/admin. Most of the content is user-based from laymen.

Can there actually be misinformation on worldviews? Is this fully subjective I don't know? I asked myself the same for the point of philosophies but actually you could theoretically pretend as if your own opinion was the only and objective holy grail of truth. And call the rest of us insane for having a different opinion on something subjective.

Is the definition of misinformation that they are spread on purpose? Maybe I should do better research otherwise I contribute to the problem of half-knowledge.

Edit: I changed it from misinformation to false information because I think misinformation are spread on purpose and the person is aware of it. What I do not mean.
I give you 5 votes. I am curious on the results.

Last edited:
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I don't see how it could be any worse here than anywhere else on the internet. Maybe with certain methods and procedures for suicide but I'm sure it's still better here than anywhere else in that regard.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think it could be problematic with suicide methods. I imagine that was the reason most people signed up here. Beyond that, I expect most people realise we are discussing other topics from our own biased point of view.

It troubles me a bit when you get people fielding questions about a method. As in- are they going to read the megathreads also or, are they just relying on second hand knowledge? I guess because my prefered method has been SN for a while, I still find it kind of baffling when someone seems to half arse the method. I imagine most of the information is maybe on the first page of the megathread. So yeah, I guess I wonder how much they read. Did they just go from a few threads?

But then, I don't exactly intend to do really detailed reading. I think it's important to follow protocols as closely as we can to give ourselves the best chance of success. But ultimatey, our societies don't want us committing suicide- so really- just how scientific is any of it? They don't want that information out there.

Reactions: pilotviolin
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
None of us here might be a professional in a certain field of education. The whole internet (and social media) is full of false information among correct information. Everyone is encouraged to use their own mind, logic ways of thinking and understanding and cross checking sources and information.