blackwidow92

blackwidow92

Nov 18, 2020
A few days ago I had a visit from the police saying that I'd ordered a suicide pill online, I told them it was nonsense and that I'm okay and they left thankfully, just wondered if anyone else has had any visits recently?

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: Brokensaddle, trashhologram, Gonnerr and 7 others
lwlaiet8887

lwlaiet8887

Embodiment of failure/Doom poster/Compassionate
Sep 14, 2023
Did they also ask if you had a tv license whilst they were at it and give you a slap on the wrist for saying mean things online? It's definitely happened before there's a few cases on here. I don't know how they managed to figure out your order unless it came through customs or something like that, then maybe they detected it and were obligated to contact you afterward.

Reactions: Brokensaddle, King Ashoka, Kit1 and 4 others
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
Some time ago there were a lot of threads about people who were also visited by the police. This was due to the capture of someone who was trading SN and was a popular source here.

Reactions: Kit1, Aimiya, blackwidow92 and 1 other person
Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023
Not good. I'm in the UK and can do without this. Obviously, a big part of it is aimed at under 18s and getting their parents onto what's going on. I don't really want to have to explain such a visit to my girlfriend though.

Last edited:
Reactions: trashhologram, Kit1, LonelyKitten and 2 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
whats the abbreviation from the website you order from, i am guessing it came from abroad and went through customs

Reactions: Kit1, blackwidow92 and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Did they want to search your flat? Did they present a search warrant? I'm not in the UK, I ask out of interest. Ofc you don't have to answer the question if this is too private.

Reactions: Kit1
blackwidow92

blackwidow92

Nov 18, 2020
Did they want to search your flat? Did they present a search warrant? I'm not in the UK, I ask out of interest. Ofc you don't have to answer the question if this is too private.
No they didn't have a warrant to search my flat thankfully

whats the abbreviation from the website you order from, i am guessing it came from abroad and went through customs
Yeah it did come from abroad and went through customs but this was months ago now

Reactions: Kit1 and Praestat_Mori
hevlalab

hevlalab

Take me back in time
Sep 14, 2023
I ordered SN abroad too and I'm from the UK. I'll most likely get a police welfare check too by the looks of things.

J

jonward55

£ Made Me Be Here.
Apr 12, 2023
These checks make me laugh, what is the point in turning up months after people have had stuff delivered. All they achieve is making more stress for people.

Reactions: trashhologram, Kit1, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
i wouldve asked them how they expect cops intimidating someone they suspect of being suicidal to go over for said suspect lol

• Yay!
Reactions: trashhologram and Kit1
cscott

cscott

Awaiting for life’s end ☠️
Jun 22, 2023
A few days ago I had a visit from the police saying that I'd ordered a suicide pill online, I told them it was nonsense and that I'm okay and they left thankfully, just wondered if anyone else has had any visits recently?
Was this in UK ? And was it literally just that simple and they left ?

Could u put initials of what site this was u ordered from ??

F

fightingforchoice

Sep 14, 2023
Does anyone know the best thing to say during these welfare checks? E.g. 'I ordered the SN to cure meat'?!

Reactions: Kit1, blackwidow92 and Praestat_Mori
lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
Does anyone know the best thing to say during these welfare checks? E.g. 'I ordered the SN to cure meat'?!
never offer an explanation to verify to cops that you bought anything. ask if they have a warrant and dont let them inside. theres no obligation to incriminate yourself

Reactions: Kit1, Ashe, LonelyKitten and 1 other person
Old Friend

Old Friend

Sep 24, 2023
We should remember that SN is not an illegal substance. You haven't broken the law so the police are limited in what they can do. Like I said up thread, it's mainly to show you up and get family and loved ones onto what you're up to.

Reactions: Kit1, TheGoodGuy and blackwidow92
F

fightingforchoice

Sep 14, 2023
So you would suggest just flat out denying the purchase?

S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
These checks make me laugh, what is the point in turning up months after people have had stuff delivered. All they achieve is making more stress for people.

I suspect their bosses are just covering their backs by doing something after Customs or Interpol have officially notified them of a supplier despatching items to the UK or the Import of a notifiable substance.
Just imagine the headlines in the Daily Mail if it turned out that a minor had ctb with an imported substance of which the Police had been notified and turned out they had taken no action and done nothing.
I truly doubt that they're particularly thrilled wasting time annoying adults about this type of incident. It's not like SN is illegal to possess.

Reactions: Kit1 and jonward55
C

conarc

Experienced
Aug 8, 2023
Any evidence besides posts for these visits? Never read anything official about it.

blackwidow92

blackwidow92

Nov 18, 2020
Was this in UK ? And was it literally just that simple and they left ?

Could u put initials of what site this was u ordered from ??
Yeah this was in the UK, I let them in we had a quick chat and then they left. The initials are mdv
So you would suggest just flat out denying the purchase?
That's what I did and they seemed to accept it

• Informative
Reactions: Kit1, dggtscccvfd and pthnrdnojvsc
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
Just to dispel a little myth that keeps going around about the UK police.… they don't need a warrant to search your property. If they believe you're at immediate risk of harm, they can then arrest you for your own safety or if they think you have something illegal, they can arrest you (I'm not saying SN is illegal). As soon as you've been arrested, they can search without a warrant. I know, I've been there.

So, whatever you say, don't elude to any self risk or potential knowledge of illegal activity.

• Informative
Reactions: Brokensaddle, ForgottenAgain, Kit1 and 5 others
cscott

cscott

Jun 22, 2023
Yeah this was in the UK, I let them in we had a quick chat and then they left. The initials are mdv

That's what I did and they seemed to accept it
Ok Thankyou!

What did they ask you in the chat ?

Did u order this recently or is this months later they've come ?

blackwidow92

blackwidow92

Nov 18, 2020
Ok Thankyou!

What did they ask you in the chat ?

Did u order this recently or is this months later they've come ?
They asked me if I was alright and said that someone had told them that I ordered a suicide pill online and said that I wasn't in any trouble they just wanted to check I was okay. I told them that I was alright and acted like I didn't have a clue what they were talking about. I ordered it months ago now and they turned up a few days ago.

Reactions: Kit1 and cscott
cscott

cscott

Jun 22, 2023
They asked me if I was alright and said that someone had told them that I ordered a suicide pill online and said that I wasn't in any trouble they just wanted to check I was okay. I told them that I was alright and acted like I didn't have a clue what they were talking about. I ordered it months ago now and they turned up a few days ago.
Sorry for all questions but I'm uk too.. did u order it off ur own card and etc ..?

So nothing else was asked in the chat ..

blackwidow92

blackwidow92

Nov 18, 2020
Sorry for all questions but I'm uk too.. did u order it off ur own card and etc ..?

So nothing else was asked in the chat ..
Yeah I ordered it off my own card, they asked me if I had any mental health issues and that's about it. I was surprised they didn't get in contact with my psychiatrist or something

Reactions: Kit1 and cscott
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
We should remember that SN is not an illegal substance. You haven't broken the law so the police are limited in what they can do. Like I said up thread, it's mainly to show you up and get family and loved ones onto what you're up to.
It doesn´t seem right they show up like that to intimidate the person who ordered SN and possibly expose their suicidal thoughts that could potentially cause serious family problems. Really how dare they do that!? Like you said SN isn´t even illegal so how dare they show up like that it shouldn´t be legal for them to reveal our private thoughts to loved ones.

Reactions: Kit1, dggtscccvfd, cscott and 2 others
cscott

cscott

Jun 22, 2023
So what would u say in a visit may I ask ?? Any advice

Old Friend

Old Friend

Sep 24, 2023
So what would u say in a visit may I ask ?? Any advice

I'm not sure myself. If you were confident enough, you could just tell them that it's not an illegal substance and so you have no obligation to disclose what you plan on doing with it.

Curing meat is what it's generally used for. Maybe say you've got into cookery as a hobby or something.

I don't know. It's awkward. Not answering the door is another option.

Reactions: Kit1, blackwidow92 and cscott
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019

In the following link someone else reported a UK police check for SN . they didn't say what SN source . but I'm assuming could be the same one as yours. This is troubling and oppressive.

Reactions: Kit1 and blackwidow92
cscott

cscott

Jun 22, 2023
I'm not sure myself. If you were confident enough, you could just tell them that it's not an illegal substance and so you have no obligation to disclose what you plan on doing with it.

Curing meat is what it's generally used for. Maybe say you've got into cookery as a hobby or something.

I don't know. It's awkward. Not answering the door is another option.
Yes these are things I have thought of if it came to it.. I'm very confident tbh in holding a face but I just feel like it's a weird one. Thanks for reply tho 🤞🏽

Reactions: Kit1, blackwidow92 and Old Friend
Q

QuietEnd

Doing the work
Jul 8, 2022
Has anyone else been police welfare checked again after the visit in April?

I've just had a second visit from the police alluding to the same incident - product purchased from Canada. I denied purchasing the product (as I didn't buy that from the Canadian person, I purchased a legal product from a different business they happen to own, and the product I did buy never arrived). I just said I was fine, and distracted the officer onto a talk of something completely unrelated.

So just a warning to everyone you can potentially expect follows ups now. At least this time it wasn't in the middle of the night with them banging the door so bad it sounded like they were breaking it in.

• Wow
Reactions: LittleBlackCat and Kit1
motherland

motherland

A tiny penny rolling up the walls inside.
Jul 29, 2023
Hi all - I have questions about follow ups. I have reason to believe I'm due one - imminently. The first welfare check was a case of deny deny etc. But less than a week later they're following up. I'm wondering if they don't believe the answers I gave them. I'm wondering if this could leave me liable to a search.
Just to dispel a little myth that keeps going around about the UK police.… they don't need a warrant to search your property. If they believe you're at immediate risk of harm, they can then arrest you for your own safety or if they think you have something illegal, they can arrest you (I'm not saying SN is illegal). As soon as you've been arrested, they can search without a warrant. I know, I've been there.

So, whatever you say, don't elude to any self risk or potential knowledge of illegal activity.

We seem to have concluded SN isn't illegal - but if they have solid evidence to support the notion that I'm lying about having ordered it - could they attempt to enter and search? Should I ask for a warrant in this case? I won't allude to being at any risk of harm, ofc. I'm just wondering what my right safe here. Bc if I continue to deny will they go ahead and search the property anyway? If anyone has any in depth knowledge please could I PM? I'm having troubles with this site as of today - not sure if the OFCOM rules are finally springing into place but the site keeps glitching out for me. But yeah like I said I have reason to believe an additional check is coming soon/ the next few hours. Thanks