• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

C

chainofcommand

Oct 27, 2021
Anyone have any thoughts about anticipating the police response to CTB at home? If neighbors report a gun shot? As in, how long may have I before an attempt at resuscitation?

I live in a city with a slower than average response time. Moreover, I'm wondering if police would even break and enter over a gun report. Or just knock, shrug, and leave.
An American city by the way

Reactions: Crazy4u
ikadasui

ikadasui

Arcanist
May 29, 2018
Anyone have any thoughts about anticipating the police response to CTB at home? If neighbors report a gun shot? As in, how long may have I before an attempt at resuscitation?

I live in a city with a slower than average response time. Moreover, I'm wondering if police would even break and enter over a gun report. Or just knock, shrug, and leave.
An American city by the
I'k I'll be going outside of the housing district into some fields near a tree. Maybe 40 ft from the nearest house? We live near train tracks too, but I doubt most people will call the cops over one loud bang in the middle of the night. It'd be a hassle for em and if I do it on a weekday who's gonna want to deal with talking to cops when they got work in a few hours. Doing it inside a residency especially an apartment complex though would be just asking for trouble

Reactions: chainofcommand
B

bulljacket

Dec 12, 2021
I'k I'll be going outside of the housing district into some fields near a tree. Maybe 40 ft from the nearest house? We live near train tracks too, but I doubt most people will call the cops over one loud bang in the middle of the night. It'd be a hassle for em and if I do it on a weekday who's gonna want to deal with talking to cops when they got work in a few hours. Doing it inside a residency especially an apartment complex though would be just asking for trouble
What about a high-rise building if you're on the corner of the top floor (only one neighbor could potentially hear)? Would a hotel be better?

LingeringUnreal

LingeringUnreal

dumb of ass
Dec 14, 2021
Depends on the city, in my experience. I live in Georgia (US) and I've never seen police respond to gunshots at all where I am. When I lived in Oregon we got pretty fast responses for gunshots - but that was multiple, not just one. Really seems to depend on both where you live and if they know the source of the noise directly, and even then if they suspect a suicide they'll absolutely drag their feet cuz they'll assume you're dead anyways.

T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
This is something I've never understood, people often use loud machinery, power tools that cuts out on them which sounds like s gunshot, because it's so loud your ears aren't telling the difference. Car exhausts are another one, even dripping something heavy that echoes. And people don't hardly ring the police, not in the areas ive been in at least anyway.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021

It depends where you are. Where I am, in a suburb just a couple miles from a fairly big city, if somebody fired a gun most likely there would be three police cars and an ambulance there in under five minutes, and the first police car would probably be there in two to three minutes- they would definitely kick the door down. If you survive you can be charged with a crime for firing a gun in a place where it is illegal to fire a gun- in many cases this does not happen, but in some cases it does- I think it is the local district attorney who decides this. I have read of one case where a person went to prison for a year for this, and of another where the case was ongoing but the possible sentence was up to ten years. This is one of the reasons I gave up on this method. What if the bullet goes through you and through walls and into someone else and kills them? Now this can be a huge problem- I think with hollow point bullets this is not supposed to happen.

• Aww..
Reactions: chainofcommand and Crazy4u
B

bulljacket

Dec 12, 2021
Depends on the city, in my experience. I live in Georgia (US) and I've never seen police respond to gunshots at all where I am. When I lived in Oregon we got pretty fast responses for gunshots - but that was multiple, not just one. Really seems to depend on both where you live and if they know the source of the noise directly, and even then if they suspect a suicide they'll absolutely drag their feet cuz they'll assume you're dead anyways.
Thanks, I'm in the biggest non-coastal city in the US. The elevators are so small in my building that they may have to transport my body via the stairs, but I actually think a hotel could be worse since more could hear it or a cleaning person could. I was thinking if I rented a Friday and a Saturday night and put the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the main door and did it Friday evening in the hotel bathroom then if no one came in until Sunday morning I'd at least have had time to bleed out if I didn't die instantly from hollow point inside mouth.

Am I overthinking it?

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Thanks, I'm in the biggest non-coastal city in the US. The elevators are so small in my building that they may have to transport my body via the stairs, but I actually think a hotel could be worse since more could hear it or a cleaning person could. I was thinking if I rented a Friday and a Saturday night and put the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the main door and did it Friday evening in the hotel bathroom then if no one came in until Sunday morning I'd at least have had time to bleed out if I didn't die instantly from hollow point inside mouth.

Am I overthinking it?
Just fyi lots of housekeepers ignore do not disturb signs, you really can't count on the sign working. Also, if you don't bleed out in under 15 minutes you probably won't bleed out at all. In a hotel or apartment as soon as someone hears a gunshot they will call the police, the odds of a gunshot being ignored are very small, extremely small- have you fired a gun? It sounds like you haven't. It's not like on t.v., it's a hundred times louder than it sounds on t.v. - the quietest handguns are 155 - 160 decibels- the sound is almost deafening- even with ear protection the sound is extremely loud. I can't imagine a gunshot inside a building that other people are in being ignored.

Feeding Pigeons

Feeding Pigeons

Warlock
Aug 5, 2021
Thats a complete crapshoot. Theres too many variables.

B

bulljacket

Dec 12, 2021
Just fyi lots of housekeepers ignore do not disturb signs, you really can't count on the sign working. Also, if you don't bleed out in under 15 minutes you probably won't bleed out at all. In a hotel or apartment as soon as someone hears a gunshot they will call the police, the odds of a gunshot being ignored are very small, extremely small- have you fired a gun? It sounds like you haven't. It's not like on t.v., it's a hundred times louder than it sounds on t.v. - the quietest handguns are 155 - 160 decibels- the sound is almost deafening- even with ear protection the sound is extremely loud. I can't imagine a gunshot inside a building that other people are in being ignored.
I have and you're right they're insanely loud. Sig 1911 is mine. Can you help me better understand the point about not bleeding out in under 15 minutes means you probably won't bleed out at all?

I guess I have the following options: 1. Inside my apartment (top floor on end) 2. Shoot while falling off top of apartment building (~20 floors) 3. Hotel room 4. Drive somewhere random

Reactions: Crazy4u
W

WilNord

Student
Dec 17, 2021
It does not matter how fast they come, if you shoot yourself in the brain stem you will be dead instantly. Nothing in this day and age can bring back a brainstem and even if they do find a way in the future the government wouldn't give a shit about you, unless you're a multi-billionaire who asked to be brought back, and throw your body in some grave or cremate you

Reactions: Rayzieka and LingeringUnreal
B

bulljacket

Dec 12, 2021
It does not matter how fast they come, if you shoot yourself in the brain stem you will be dead instantly. Nothing in this day and age can bring back a brainstem and even if they do find a way in the future the government wouldn't give a shit about you, unless you're a multi-billionaire who asked to be brought back, and throw your body in some grave or cremate you
Hollow point through the mouth aimed at a slightly increasing angle is my plan. Hope that works

• Hugs
Reactions: chainofcommand, Crazy4u and LingeringUnreal
LingeringUnreal

LingeringUnreal

dumb of ass
Dec 14, 2021
My thoughts exactly, unless you're just shooting yourself in the stomach for fun it's not like it's gonna matter if it takes 5 minutes vs 30 regardless of where you live.

NormaJeane

NormaJeane

Mar 24, 2021

I would use a silencer or go to a forest where there are no people.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I have and you're right they're insanely loud. Sig 1911 is mine. Can you help me better understand the point about not bleeding out in under 15 minutes means you probably won't bleed out at all?

I guess I have the following options: 1. Inside my apartment (top floor on end) 2. Shoot while falling off top of apartment building (~20 floors) 3. Hotel room 4. Drive somewhere random
It's just a guess but if it's going that slow it seems like the blood will coagulate and the bleeding will be too slow to be able to bleed out- most people who do bleed out hit a major artery and it only takes a few minutes, based on what I have seen in news stories.

Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
This is why I want to drive far to find a good spot. People may hear a gun shot but I'm not sure if they will act on it

C

chainofcommand

Oct 27, 2021
What about a high-rise building if you're on the corner of the top floor (only one neighbor could potentially hear)? Would a hotel be better?
I live in a duplex. So risky unfortunately. Might have to be outside I guess somewhere remote, which sucks
Hollow point through the mouth aimed at a slightly increasing angle is my plan. Hope that works
I'm of the side of head above the ear camp through the midbrain. Intraoral is probably fine. But many sources say crossing both hemispheres is way more lethal.

Last edited:
M

myopybyproxy

flickerbeat \\ gibberish-noise
Dec 18, 2021
I live in a duplex. So risky unfortunately. Might have to be outside I guess somewhere remote, which sucks

I'm of the side of head above the ear camp through the midbrain. Intraoral is probably fine. But many sources say crossing both hemispheres is way more lethal.
Diagonally through the mouth? Best of both worlds.

C

chainofcommand

Oct 27, 2021
Diagonally through the mouth? Best of both worlds.

Ohhh. I dunno. Risky. All the med journals
I've read claim damage to both hemispheres is the most lethal. Seems to
Me that a straight shot horizontally through the midbrain is the safest and least dummy proof. Tell me if you disagree

DanWhoLikesPie

DanWhoLikesPie

Dec 14, 2021
Gun owner here. Have you ever fired your gun? If not, and you own the gun legally, I'd recommend taking it to a range and getting some familiarity with it. You'll feel more confident having used and fired it before.

As for CTB in a populated area, I wouldn't. Too many variables, and if the next door neighbor is home, they will definitely hear it. People in other buildings will just chalk it up to loud machinery, but a gunshot in an adjacent apartment is unmistakable. Irrelevant, anyway, since the last thing I'd want is for the round to keep going and hit an innocent stranger down the block.

There are plenty of secluded areas where there's no risk of hitting a stranger.

EDIT: I missed your response earlier about having fired it already. Godspeed!

L

LostMyWorld

Sep 1, 2021
I've seen different info about hitting brainstem, one was right above the ear at tip and other was a pink circle of middle of ear/lobe. I also wonder if taking a blood thinner or aspirin before hand would help. Has anyone read anything about that?
I also wonder about the noise also, normally I would say my neighbors wouldn't call but I think they would now. First they know about my situation and that I've tried a couple months ago. I was thinking about New Year's Eve. But like they said above hopefully we would be gone so it won't matter but just in case I thought buying a little extra time wouldn't hurt. Also thought about going to a campground/park/lake area on top the mountain. Probably wouldn't be found for awhile even if someone heard.

Last edited:
W

WilNord

Student
Dec 17, 2021
I've seen different info about hitting brainstem, one was right above the ear at tip and other was a pink circle of middle of ear/lobe. I also wonder if taking a blood thinner or aspirin before hand would help. Has anyone read anything about that?
I also wonder about the noise also, normally I would say my neighbors wouldn't call but I think they would now. First they know about my situation and that I've tried a couple months ago. I was thinking about New Year's Eve. But like they said above hopefully we would be gone so it won't matter but just in case I thought buying a little extra time wouldn't hurt. Also thought about going to a campground/park/lake area on top the mountain. Probably wouldn't be found for awhile even if someone heard.
the brain isnt that small so the brain stem does cover the above eartip to middle ear but with hollow points a good amount is blown off that it doesnt work.
Shooting yourself in New Years Eve isnt bad of an idea as people might mistake it for fireworks

M

myopybyproxy

flickerbeat \\ gibberish-noise
Dec 18, 2021
Ohhh. I dunno. Risky. All the med journals
I've read claim damage to both hemispheres is the most lethal. Seems to
Me that a straight shot horizontally through the midbrain is the safest and least dummy proof. Tell me if you disagree
I don't disagree. I had interpreted your post to mean that you had trouble choosing which angle to use - hence the partly-serious response. Seems you've settled on one.

C

chainofcommand

Oct 27, 2021
the brain isnt that small so the brain stem does cover the above eartip to middle ear but with hollow points a good amount is blown off that it doesnt work.
Shooting yourself in New Years Eve isnt bad of an idea as people might mistake it for fireworks
Hollow points. Definitely. Dummy proof that

greyautumnsky

greyautumnsky

I am wound like the guts of a clock,
Dec 9, 2021
I live in America. In a rough part of my town. In a gun toting state. Gunshots are a regular occurrence. Depening on the time of day the police response is varied.

During certain holidays (4th of July the main one) the response is the slowest, and New Year's Eve. Full moons it gets slow too, especially when they coincide with the weekend, etc.

W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I live in the upper Midwest here in the U.S. now with that said, I can say that after I had the cops called on me about suicide ideation, there were 2 squads and 4 cops knocking at my door. When I did not answer the door, a dispatcher called me and told me to open the door. When I did some of the cops had their hands on the pistol grip and others barged in and 1st asked if I had a gun and if there was one in my residence. I said no to both, but they still patted me down and took me away.

Some police departments in the U.S. have specially trained cops to cops to handle such situations, but mine did not. They meant business and were not in the mood for anything but yes and I am ready to go to the hospital.

As far as response time, I found out afterwards that from the time my mental health provider called the cops till they arrived at my place was under 5 minutes for 2 squads and an ambulance.

Walter

• Wow
Reactions: chainofcommand, nowayout* and Crazy4u