• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

O

ontheedge81

Dec 10, 2020
I don't know if they will arrest you but I think they might take you off the edge and try to get you to the hospital ER or whatever to make sure you're safe in the moment...or take you home...I contemplate the jumping method and don't know if I would just freeze when I get there...since my method would be to view an apartment on a high floor 20th or above, I'm afraid I would get to the balcony look down and freeze...or then realize that I would fall onto something soft enough not to kill me...I'm afraid to scope out the location even though I've already inquired about available apartments...and told medical professionals, a couple friends my plan as well..

I'm not sure to answer your question. I think their job is to keep you safe and prevent you from causing harm to yourself.

H

hellonearth1

Nov 28, 2020
I don't know if they will arrest you but I think they might take you off the edge and try to get you to the hospital ER or whatever to make sure you're safe in the moment...or take you home...I contemplate the jumping method and don't know if I would just freeze when I get there...since my method would be to view an apartment on a high floor 20th or above, I'm afraid I would get to the balcony look down and freeze...or then realize that I would fall onto something soft enough not to kill me...I'm afraid to scope out the location even though I've already inquired about available apartments...and told medical professionals, a couple friends my plan as well..

I'm not sure to answer your question. I think their job is to keep you safe and prevent you from causing harm to yourself.
Thank you for your reply on the edge. I was wondering if they had the right to arrest me for trying to jump? I'm not trespassing I don't think....

O

ontheedge81

Dec 10, 2020
I mean they might arrest you and put you in cells for the night, or take you to the hospital. I think here in NS, Canada, they would take you to the ER...but even then you might be able to just walk out.
Why do you want to die? If you don't mind me asking...have you went to the interstate highway overpass yet? How long have you thought about it? Have you talked to anyone that you see as a support person about how you're feeling?

sometimes that can help or hurt. All of those questions so I mean no harm.

Manford

Manford

Student
Dec 7, 2020
I'm pretty sure they can arrest you since it's a public place. They could also place you on 24 hr suicide watch in a hospital. I doubt they would just bring you back home because there is protocol to follow. They could be sued if you CTB afterward.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Jumpers often linger. The longer you linger the more thoughts of regret, etc will pop up and paralyze you.

Manford

Manford

Student
Dec 7, 2020
Jumpers often linger. The longer you linger the more thoughts of regret, etc will pop up and paralyze you.
To your point - I had a friend CTB by jumping off of a bridge. There was no hesitation. She jumped out of a cab and went straight over.

Reactions: Cowtipper
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
To your point - I had a friend CTB by jumping off of a bridge. There was no hesitation. She jumped out of a cab and went straight over.
I envy her determination. I wonder how to replicate it.

H

hellonearth1

Nov 28, 2020
Thank you for your response manford. Could you please share how she was able to get out of a cab in the middle of the bridge? This might be an idea worth considering. I need to be able to get there without suspicion and jump quickly. Thank you so much

Manford

Manford

Student
Dec 7, 2020
Thank you for your response manford. Could you please share how she was able to get out of a cab in the middle of the bridge? This might be an idea worth considering. I need to be able to get there without suspicion and jump quickly. Thank you so much
This was a long time ago and I don't know how she pulled it off. The bridge has multiple lanes on either side, is high above a large river, and has a speed limit of 45 mph. So I don't know what she could've told the driver to get him to pull over. It was at night when there is less traffic but it still amazes me that he did.

Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
Depending on where they are, they won't take reports until a person is missing for 48 hours

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
my husband calls 911 when he finds me missing, can the police intercept me or arrest me once I get there?
It all depends on how seriously the particular police department takes a 911 call about someone missing. Usually you have to be missing for over a day or two for them to enter it into their dispatch so they can keep a lookout for you and if you are in a city it's not going to be taken very seriously unless you are under 18.

Depending on your area, they would take you to a hospital or psych ward if they found you trying to jump. Each town and county and state is different.

Reactions: Homecoming