• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

noSuffering

noSuffering

May the Force be with Israel
May 7, 2023
Please write the most important book/movie/game in your life that completely determined your life (and death)?

If such a book/movie/game exists, of course.

In my case, it's the 1997 film Nirvana. This is cyberpunk where the game character becomes aware of himself and asks his programmer:

Look around. Sure, you have a lot of beautiful things, a nice home, but what if everything you see doesn't exist? If everything is as it is here, if you are like me. The only thing I can't do here...

...is to stop playing.

But you can. Stop playing, Jimmy. Then you will be free...

Erase me, Jimmy.

_
I and my "life" have been following this film.

urwelcomelb

urwelcomelb

There was nobody there.
Nov 23, 2023
one of the most influential pieces of media to me is unfortunately one I cannot name, as it is rather niche and I'm worried about being found out on this site somehow. As well as it being like, super embarrassing and not even very high in quality despite how much I love it. it matters a lot to me though, and has really shaped me a lot today, including my terrible experiences in the community around it.
I basically heavily relate to the worst character in the series, a very broken and hurting individual who does many evil things to cope with his own misery. Due to my BPD, i have some trouble separating my identity from this character, it's a little distressing, but it's also who I am now. He does also end up snapping and killing himself, which, well, y'know.
sorry for rambling a bit, I love sharing about this thing I like, even if I have many negative associations with it

JustABug

JustABug

Sinking in my skin
Aug 18, 2023
A book by Cody McFadyen called 'The Darker Side' is my all time favourite book. It's a detective fiction where the homicides are religion motivated. The first book to ever trigger me countless times, yet be so wonderfully interesting and well written. I mean, during the book, you start to understand where the killer is coming from-in a weird, grotesque way. It's an incredible read and is short so, definitely check it out! Although the book includes sexual assault and a lot of slurs and uncomfortable scenarios but, so amazing. And…Detroit become Human was the reason I got into communities online and met amazing people in 2018, leading up to now. But Faith: The Unholy trinity is my favourite game of all time. Is it more content religious based? Yes. But it's an incredible in depth game in 8bit. I would watch Wendigoon's video on it as he talks about the lore in depth. Have a good night.

SleepySept

SleepySept

Nov 7, 2023
A light novel series I adore is "Boogiepop"! (Specifically the novels, the adaption cut out my favorite parts of it). Its a pretty inspirational light novel from 1998, that popularized the medium particularly for its uniqueness. A lot of complex ideas in it as well as narrative, that blends together into something actually very easy to read. I read it at 14 and I was impressed at how the author combined so many elements into something cohesive but also so different that it made me want to write in my own voice.
The themes also focuses on the ideal of "normalcy" quite a lot, which has always been a big detail for me.

"It all sounds like reasons you came up with after that fact... You found a way to explain it. However forced it may sound."
This is my favorite quote which I didn't know why it was at first, but over the years I learned it's very common for people to justify their own emotions. I never feel authentic whenever I explain how I feel for what reason, and it's because I genuinely don't have any right answer.

Another quote I only thought about recently is "You only have the right to say you wish to die if you have truly lived with everything you've got." And it's a beautiful thing, it doesn't particularly dismiss death as outright bad (the character who says this also represents a reaper).
I think it would be a really nice thing to feel without regret before dying, and being proud that I tried everything in my power as a human. My impulsiveness might get in the way of that, but I like the feeling of having freedom in what I do.

Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
When I was maybe 6 years old, I received a Planet of the Apes comic and record (yes, old vinyl). From it I learned about how politics crafts religion to maintain control. That has determined my understanding of society ever since.

Reactions: noSuffering
TheLastGreySky

TheLastGreySky

Experienced
Nov 24, 2023
This is a good question. Honestly, I think for me it's more a character then a series/movie/etc. Rei from Neon Genesis has always related to me with her existential questions.
But, as for my death, I think it was Taneda's suicide in the manga Solanian. I can relate to him when he calls his girlfriend telling her he's been working while he was away for like two weeks and telling her that he was coming home only to intentionally crash his moped to ctb.
This life really isn't meant for some people, and for many people it hurts to continue to live looping in this endless routine of existence.
I feel as of late that I've come to terms with how my ex wife will lie to my kids (that she is keeping me from seeing) and how she'll consider me a coward.
I have struggled with living since I was a little kid. While I want to leave behind good memories and have everyone think the best of me...
Regardless of every other want; I want to leave and I have wanted this as long as I can remember.