puella

puella

she/they
Oct 5, 2023
I washed my bed sheets today after not having done it in a month. Super worth it, especially because I spend almost all my day in bed. It just feels so much cozier now.

I know it can be hard to get the motivation to do things like this. If you can't do it right now, that's okay, I'm proud of you no matter what. 💚

Checklist to help anyone who likes tasks broken down into smaller ones:
1. Clear off your bed. (I pushed the stuff on my bed on the ground to be cleaned up "later", but it's good to move it to organized locations.)
2. Separate your pillow cases and sheets from the rest of your blankets.
3. Put the pillow cases and sheets into the washing machine.
4. Move them into the dryer.
5. Put your fitted sheets on your mattress. (This is the hardest step, but I believe in you!)
6. Put your pillows in the cases.
7. Toss your blankets on your bed over your sheets.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Action, Melly, Life Is My Coffin and 24 others
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
taking that step is hard but I agree, the tiniest tasks help a lot for me too. for instance, showering can make a massive difference for me. it takes a good amount of strength to take care of myself, especially on bad days, but when I do muster the effort to take that step, it changes how I feel the rest of the day.

having pets helps too. it's pushed me to get up more often, do more chores and gets me going, even if it's for someone else. i think getting cats has changed me for the better, in terms of getting myself out of the rut that i was in cause of depression.

• Love
Reactions: gabmor4, Praestat_Mori, secretsfromthecity and 3 others
Epsilon Lyrae

Epsilon Lyrae

Aug 23, 2023
I can't believe it but this post gave me the needed motivation to get up and wash my bedsheets for the first time in many months (I know that's gross and im sorry)

• Love
Reactions: february in alaska, ilovemybed, gabmor4 and 6 others
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I can't believe it but this post gave me the needed motivation to get up and wash my bedsheets for the first time in many months (I know that's gross and im sorry)
I don't think many will judge you here, a lot of us have been there, well done!

• Love
Reactions: ilovemybed, Praestat_Mori, jinx <3 and 2 others
puella

puella

she/they
Oct 5, 2023
I'm so, so proud of you. 💚💚💚 That's amazing. No judgment, I struggle with it too.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, jinx <3 and Epsilon Lyrae
Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
A few hours earlier I gave my grandma all my laundry and bed sheets to wash. I'm gonna pick them up later

I guess I can't go no contact with those fuckers....

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
A

accountnamerequired

Oct 9, 2023
I knew I should wash my sheets and dirty clothes today, this post gave me a little extra motivation to stay up late to do it (it's best to do it at night when everyone else in this apartment building is asleep and I have all the machines to myself and I don't have to interact with anyone in real life, there's one room here with washers and dryers shared by everyone). Thank you lol

• Love
Reactions: godsseepiestsoldier, Praestat_Mori and puella
puella

puella

she/they
Oct 5, 2023
I knew I should wash my sheets and dirty clothes today, this post gave me a little extra motivation to stay up late to do it (it's best to do it at night when everyone else in this apartment building is asleep and I have all the machines to myself and I don't have to interact with anyone in real life, there's one room here with washers and dryers shared by everyone). Thank you lol
I'm so proud of you. 💚💚💚 Sometimes people just need a tiny bit of encouragement.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and accountnamerequired
A

accountnamerequired

Oct 9, 2023
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Epsilon Lyrae, Praestat_Mori and puella
N

NoHorizon

Experienced
Nov 22, 2022
I didn't see this post until just now, but today I changed and washed my bedding for the first time in a couple of months (I used to do it every week until I broke). It feels lovely now, so despite still feeling sad it's nice to have the cosy/clean feeling.

• Love
Reactions: puella
LetMeBeSad

LetMeBeSad

Student
Sep 21, 2023

I don't think many will judge you here, a lot of us have been there, well done!
You guys have sheets?!?!? 😀

• Yay!
Reactions: Life Is My Coffin, Epsilon Lyrae and carac
AllCatsAreGrey

AllCatsAreGrey

they/he
Sep 27, 2023
Thanks, Ella. I wanted to share I did it! Thanks for the reminder and inspiration. You're so caring. 💖

puella

puella

she/they
Oct 5, 2023
Thanks, Ella. I wanted to share I did it! Thanks for the reminder and inspiration. You're so caring. 💖
I'm so proud of you. 💚💚💚 I'm happy if I make you feel just a little more cared about.

Reactions: AllCatsAreGrey
G

godsseepiestsoldier

Oct 22, 2023
This is so real. Its so nice do to things at 2-5am because no one else is awake and you can just do everything freely. Especially great if the stores near you are open 24/7

Reactions: LetMeBeSad and accountnamerequired
Life Is My Coffin

Life Is My Coffin

One final action ⚰️⚰️⚰️
Oct 13, 2023
Little things go a long way. If you're taking those several-hour depression naps feeling cleaner can improve your mood when you eventually wake

Reactions: LetMeBeSad
skaro

skaro

idk anymore
Oct 25, 2023
Omg this is so true for me, I live in an apartment complex designed for students so there's a shared laundry room downstairs and I get so anxious about meeting someone in there who's also doing their business, I feel like a total alien there
Probably also because I don't have the energy to put on proper clothes when doing it so I just stay in my pajamas lol

Reactions: LetMeBeSad