Will 2023 be better or worse than 2022?

• Total voters
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
What do you think? What are the chances the coming year will improve for you? Get worse or stay the same?

The raging pessimist in me reckons things will only get worse for me. Still, who knows? What are your predictions?

Reactions: Rocinante
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Same old, same old unless some breakthrough technology is invented that lets me become cis female (and young) or I get to trade bodies with an AFAB. Or I decide to CTB, then it will be better for me.

Otherwise, if I somehow make it to December and go to South Korea and date there, but...

1. I need to lose a considerable amount of weight in 11 months for that to be feasible (we're talking 200 lbs)
2. I need to suddenly get the desire to date again
3. I need to last 11 months....

Yeah, CTB'ing is my only saving grace, so here's to 2023 being my final year!

• Hugs
Reactions: Rocinante, Rogue Proxy and Forever Sleep
SectOfValtiel

SectOfValtiel

Attendant of God
Nov 7, 2022
theres a lot of reasons things *should* be getting better
i finally have food again, talking to my friend again, cleaned my shower and got some shit to better take care of my hair so hey thats going to be a possible confidence booster (although idk if thats really a problem i face, not like i have much reason to use it)
im working with my therapist in a totally new direction- one aimed at BPD rather than MDD, so hey thats something new at least, cant knock it till i try it i guess, who knows maybe itll finally start to help
and.. idk if thats really a positive, but... ive started to be more mad about how i was treated rather than just missing my ex, so... at least thats a different kind of pain for awhile haha
honestly would rather just be done with it all but im no closer to that goal now than i was 3 years ago, so
yeah

regardless of all that i just cant see things getting any better
i dont even let myself feel hopeful anymore, every time i did in the past i was left disappointed or hurt for it
every time i felt like things were getting better, they got worse right after... and ive learned they can *always* get worse
always

and a major difference between 2022 and 2023 is, i had weed this year
i had a way to distract and calm myself down, slow my thoughts, whatever
i dont have any of that now
and i have no friends really, nobody i can talk to about any of this and nobody to check in when i stop showing up
im a lot more alone and a lot less capable of handeling it
cant see any good on the horizon for me
dont think im the kind of person that would even deserve that

i think 2023 is going to be another progressively worsening year

• Hugs
Reactions: Rocinante and Forever Sleep
Himalayan

Himalayan

"Wake up to reality, nothing ever goes as planned"
Sep 30, 2022
It's objectively worse, if you know what's going on in geopolitics, and it will get worse. China will go through recession, if you live in the 3rd world, this means the prices will be more absurd and you're screwed.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Rocinante, apple2myeye!, Forever Sleep and 1 other person
Sister of the Moon

Sister of the Moon

Student
Dec 17, 2021
Now that China has let another dirty bomb rip, I think we're going to see Covid take a lot more people out than ever before. I sense it's going to be a lot worse than it was in 2020 with new variants.

The world is on a downward spiral, like a train wreck in slow motion. Lots more misery to come in the UK yet with two more years of Tory bullshit and Brexit fallout.

On a personal level, I just want to heal and get better without constant trauma being piled on top of existing trauma.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: makethepainstop, Rocinante, apple2myeye! and 1 other person
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
Cosmically speaking, it will be exactly the same. It's all just matter and energy.

• Love
Reactions: Twntysix, Rocinante and Forever Sleep
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Next year will be worse as it will very likely be yet another year of me unfortunately still existing and in my case I always get more and more tired of everything as time goes on. But it's certainly such a dreadful thought, the thought of a new year starting and I don't want to be here for it. But one of the worst things about existing is that what we go through can potentially get worse in ways beyond how we can even imagine with no limit as to how much we can suffer. This is a reason as to why non existence will always be the most preferable option as continuing to exist is the ultimate risk.

• Hugs
L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
What do you think? What are the chances the coming year will improve for you? Get worse or stay the same?

The raging pessimist in me reckons things will only get worse for me. Still, who knows? What are your predictions?
A lot worse for everyone.

• Hugs
PleaseTakeMeAway

PleaseTakeMeAway

Nothing to say anymore.
Jul 16, 2022
its continuously been getting worse for me so don't see why it would stop now.

• Hugs
Reactions: butterfly3, Un-, Skathon and 3 others
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Not trying to dunk on you, OP, but the predictability of these results is making me lol.

As for me, I expect this year to be much the same or even worse. I have some difficult-to-fulfill obligations coming up that will test my resolve.

• Hugs
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Not trying to dunk on you, OP, but the predictability of these results is making me lol.

As for me, I expect this year to be much the same or even worse. I have some difficult-to-fulfill obligations coming up that will test my resolve.
Lol- yeah- fair enough. Never know though- thought maybe there would be one or two optimists from the recovery section stray on to here.

I hope your obligations are easier to fulfill than you expect. Who knows? Maybe some of us will be pleasantly surprised... maybe... 😬

• Hugs
Reactions: WorthlessTrash and Celerity
western_heart

western_heart

trying to save ourself
May 23, 2021
Voted worst at first, changed to better. I plan to die in 2023 & the only way I will change my mind is if there is a substantial improvement in my circumstances and/or mental health. Better either way.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Zegers, Rocinante, Forever Sleep and 1 other person
Rairii

Rairii

Is it necessary?
Nov 27, 2022
Just gonna let it "surprise" me like I do every year. Can't be disappointed if I have no expectations and I can be pleasantly surprised if something good happens. Though typically the outcome is usually the same every year.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: butterfly3, Rocinante and Forever Sleep
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Same shit just different shit that's fucked up.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
Rainy_days

Rainy_days

Experienced
Dec 21, 2022
My physical problems getting worse and worse so not very hopeful.

• Aww..
leeloosnow

leeloosnow

Warlock
Aug 28, 2022
'22 sez hold my beer

• Yay!
S

seaweaves

they/them
Oct 25, 2021
My temptation is to say worse, but this year felt like the bottom.
I'll choose "better" and pretend I don't know how to dig.

• Hugs
Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
2022 was horrendous for me to the point I was planning to ctb in April of that year; for various reasons, I couldn't go through with it. 2023 is definitely going to somehow be worse in a lot of ways.

• Aww..
Reactions: StolenLife and Forever Sleep
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Do you want an idol for xmas?

2023 will be better because I'm leaving
I would rather be one than have one since above all else, my body image is important. However, neither is possible.

StolenLife

StolenLife

Warlock
Sep 19, 2022
I can't imagine anything worse than the second half of 2022 but I just know that it will get worse in 2023.

• Aww..
GreyCTB

GreyCTB

Student
Aug 26, 2022
Another year closer to seeing manmade horrors beyond my comprehension

• Aww..
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I would rather be one than have one since above all else, my body image is important. However, neither is possible.
I wouldn't mind being one either. you said about date in south korea and i was thinking you want to date a korean, maybe it was a misunderstanding.