• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
I'm a bit paranoid but I've realised that sadly I can't let people at SS know exactly when I'm about to attempt a CTB, but I would like to let them know and leave a message.

The best way I know is using Gmail, I've found (I think I was told here?) That boomerang is a good option for sending a delayed email that I can cancel but I'd like to test that, by having an email address to send to, that someone will post here to confirm. I wonder if that could even be automated

Reactions: silentsinger and lemmeeleev
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
You should be able to use Boomerang to send an innocuous email to anyone, as a test. No reason to tell them it's a test for your suicide notice; if they notice and ask, just say you were faffing about with a newly discovered feature and wanted to see if it works. That's what I did with TimeCave and LetterMeLater. I even ran a test to the local police, who would eventually have received my notice, asking something unexceptional --I think about the legality of fireworks and how to report when I think they're being used illegally. They replied without any fuss, so I knew it had gotten through and not raised any eyebrows.

Reactions: TAW122 and Jodes
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
You should be able to use Boomerang to send an innocuous email to anyone, as a test. No reason to tell them it's a test for your suicide notice; if they notice and ask, just say you were faffing about with a newly discovered feature and wanted to see if it works. That's what I did with TimeCave and LetterMeLater. I even ran a test to the local police, who would eventually have received my notice, asking something unexceptional --I think about the legality of fireworks and how to report when I think they're being used illegally. They replied without any fuss, so I knew it had gotten through and not raised any eyebrows.
Genius. And it's good to see you again @TiredHorse :)

That does solve most of the problems! The last one though ... :-s I think I'm so afraid of establishing relationships with anyone, the idea of asking for someone's email address for them to post that for me is hard to stomach.

Last edited:
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
Genius. And it's good to see you again @TiredHorse :)

That does solve most of the problems! The last one though ... :-s I think I'm so afraid of establishing relationships with anyone, the idea of asking for someone's email address for them to post that for me is hard to stomach.
Glad I could be of use.

Maybe send an email to a business, so you're not establishing a relationship? Or even the local police, which would be a good test run. Their email reply might include your email to them, with the timestamp in its header to tell you when was "sent" by Boomerang.

Reactions: Jodes
locusdelicti

locusdelicti

Jan 6, 2019
I set up multiple gmail accounts and tested Boomerang by sending "Test" emails from my main account to the newly-created junk account. Worked like a charm.

Reactions: Jodes
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
I set up multiple gmail accounts and tested Boomerang by sending "Test" emails from my main account to the newly-created junk account. Worked like a charm.
How the hell did I not think of that, I used to be a techie and I've literally been thinking about this for months lol