Koppite

Koppite

Aug 6, 2021
So I bought some N from A a couple of years back and it's been in my fridge in England ever since.
Unfortunately, that fridge now belongs to my ex gf as I moved to Thailand and left her the flat. When we broke up, she promised she'd post it to me when the time came. Now the time has come, she says she won't. (She will, however, give it to a friend to post to me. Somehow, in her mind, this is morally easier than to post it herself .)
However, both of the only two friends I could realistically ask to do this have now said that they, too, cannot bring themselves to post it.

I understand their moral quandary and I am not going to try and persuade them as I believe it's just as much their right to refuse to help someone CTB as it's everyone's right to CTB.

Nonetheless, although *theoretically* I support their freedom of choice and accept their decision, if I'm honest I'm fucking pissed off. I've never asked for any favours in all the years we've known each other and they know full well that their choice will rob me of my (long-known) decision to die in a manner of my own choosing.

As N seems virtually impossible to get in 2021, I'm now considering SN as it's easy to buy here and I can get meto without too much problem. However, this is very fucking far from what I planned and I paid for and it's very much an unwished for conclusion, as I don't relish the process of death via nitrites.

Anyway the point of this vent is that, despite me understanding their refusal to help and respecting their right to do so, it's simultaneously infuriating and upsetting that these three people, to whom I'm closest in the world, are, in effect, OK that I die in far more distress than necessary.

(I can't police what your responses will be but ask that, if possible, they are sympathetic to my need to vent to people who might understand this unusual situation - rather than telling me I'm a bad person to feel this resentment and hurt. I already feel that way.)

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: SadlyMadly, OpheliasFlowers and patheticpartner
Apricity

Apricity

Wizard
Jul 27, 2021
Fly back, go to her flat while she's out, and drink it there. That'll show her.

• Yay!
Reactions: Snake of Eden and patheticpartner
Koppite

Koppite

Aug 6, 2021
Fly back, go to her flat while she's out, and drink it there. That'll show her.
It's an option (I wouldn't do it there. She doesn't deserve that) but I hate flying and returning to England in its current state is so unutterably depressing I'd just rather not.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner
Feeding Pigeons

Feeding Pigeons

Warlock
Aug 5, 2021
You will inevitably be disappointed in friends the second you need them to help in something that either inconveniences them or makes them uncomfortable. I'm sorry your friends are worthless.

Reactions: OpheliasFlowers and patheticpartner
Apricity

Apricity

Wizard
Jul 27, 2021
It's an option (I wouldn't do it there. She doesn't deserve that) but I hate flying and returning to England in its current state is so unutterably depressing I'd just rather not.
Do you have the money to just bribe a pharmacist or vet? I'm sure a £100 would do nicely there.
Edit: I just looked up the average vet salary there and it's much higher than I thought. You'll probably spend a bit more.

Last edited:
Reactions: patheticpartner
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I understand why you would be frustrated, in my opinion, N is the best suicide method and we all deserve a peaceful exit at a time of our own choosing. I wish you the best. I hope you find the peace you are looking for.

rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
I'd feel exactly the same as you in your situation. I do get it and it certainly doesn't make you bad. However, I hope you don't mind me saying that I can understand your friends and ex not wanting to help you commit suicide. They may fear a lifetime of guilt.

Reactions: HiImPaul, Beeper and cambrai33
_elliott

_elliott

sweet adeline.
Apr 24, 2021
no there's no theoretically supporting your choice--your friends are being jerks. you're an adult and you deserve whatever you paid for. it's frankly not their property.

good luck with getting it back, but you may have to buy a new supply anyways if it's been a couple of years.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Wouldn't it be illegal for them to ship the illegal substance, tho? Might as well be mad they didn't hand you a gun.

Reactions: xLosthopex
_elliott

_elliott

sweet adeline.
Apr 24, 2021
Wouldn't it be illegal for them to ship the illegal substance, tho? Might as well be mad they didn't hand you a gun.
yes it is! but the problem isn't that -- i think if the other problems didn't exist and OP was mad about that, it would be different, but this is more of a, "we don't like your choice so we aren't going to do it for you," vent, it looks like to me.

xLosthopex

xLosthopex

Tell my dogs I love them
May 29, 2020
I personally would also refuse to send N to anyone, despite the fact that I'm obviously pro-choice, due to the potential legal implications of doing so, here in Ireland you can get up to 14 years for 'aiding' and/or 'abetting' in another person's ctb, and what constitutes as aiding and abetting is extremely vague, I avoid even discussing N with anyone on here through private messages due to this(so if anyone reading this has sent me a pm regarding this and I ignored you that's why)
We all know that the law in most countries is fucked up when it comes to this issue but unfortunately that's the current reality we have to deal with

There's no way you can go and collect it yourself? Are you living in a different country now?

Reactions: PeacefulTonic