sacrificial lamb

sacrificial lamb

eldritch horror on his way home.
Apr 26, 2020
Hello SS! I was wondering if anyone here abuses sleeping pills/sedatives to basically sleep as much as possible throughout the day whenever they can. I was thinking about doing just that while I wait for my SN to arrive, which, to my knowledge, is going to take a month or so. Every second of being awake is painful, and most of the time I find myself waiting to finally be able to fall asleep. Wondering if that even is possible. I have quite a few packs of quetiapine and was planning to use it for these purposes.

• Hugs
Reactions: FuneralCry, Øystein, Pookie and 1 other person
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Sleeping too much makes my psychological & physical pain even worse, but lots of people on here seem to find it comforting

Upvote 0
Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
A very good sleeping pill is N. It'll basically make you sleep for all eternity.

I can't abuse sleeping pills or benzos because I develop tolerance pretty quickly.

I've seen quite a few people here swear by the quetiapine you mentioned.

Upvote 0
Rayzieka

Rayzieka

Not Really Here
Apr 28, 2021
I was prescribed quetiapine for quite a while and would do this but beware it does cause weight gain in most people.
I also used trazodone for the same reason, but now I've been moved onto lunesta because I felt like being prescribed less medications would make me feel better. My sleeping pill line up every night used to be 50mg seroquel - 50mg Trazodone - 3 or more sleeping pills from the store and melatonin to top it off. That was the only thing that could get me a full 8 hours or more since my brain is overactive.
But lunesta 3mg is actually working pretty well by itself, i sleep up to 6 hours sometimes if i don't add anything.

edit: I should mention olanzapine as well. Mine isn't intended for sleep but it usually knocks me out for 12 hours at 10mg.
And then I feel extremely groggy the rest of the next day and could probably sleep even more if I felt like it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Rustysoupcan

Rustysoupcan

I'm sensitive
May 2, 2020
Hello SS! I was wondering if anyone here abuses sleeping pills/sedatives to basically sleep as much as possible throughout the day whenever they can. I was thinking about doing just that while I wait for my SN to arrive, which, to my knowledge, is going to take a month or so. Every second of being awake is painful, and most of the time I find myself waiting to finally be able to fall asleep. Wondering if that even is possible. I have quite a few packs of quetiapine and was planning to use it for these purposes.
I used to do this. I didnt try to sleep 24 hours a day because I had a job to keep, but I might've if I could.

Upvote 0