LapisLazuli

LapisLazuli

Nov 4, 2021
Hello. I have a problem, and I thought that I might ask you for help with it.

Im suffering from OCD, depression, and anxiety disorder. I`ve been taking efectin (wenlafaxine) and I felt great, I had so much power, and energy in me, that I sometimes decided to just skip sleeping. However my pills were changed to duloxetine because OCD was still bothering me a bit, and I thought that I would feel even better, just without the OCD, but duloxetine made me feel weak, and always tired. It made my depression worse and I kept sleeping all day, because I couldnt force myself to get up. Now I came back to taking efectin, but I no longer feel, what I felt before. The energy and strenght that I felt back then is gone. Now I keep feeling tired and exhausted, and anxiety is also bothering me a lot more.

Can you tell me what could have happened that Efectin stopped working ?
Also can you recommend me an anti depressant that has helped you ? I will visit my Dr soon so I will probably get new pills soon.
I`ve read good things about pill called Escitalopram. What do you think of it ? Has anynoe here tried it ?

Last edited:
S

SarRy

Student
Oct 5, 2022
Are you sure it was the medication? Medication should have consistent effects.

Feeling great, having energy, and not sleeping sounds a bit like mania. I have heard that Bipolar disorder is often misdiagnosed as depression/anxiety. I'm not a professional, but it sounds like it might be worth checking out.

Good luck.

Reactions: hiddenbpd
Kempel556

Kempel556

Luce sicut stellae
Sep 26, 2023
Have you ever tried Trazadone? it helped improve my energy and it also helped me reduce anxiety, Ive been taking it for a couple of years now and it really helps me out
Hope this helps

H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
No one knows not even the doctors. It's nowhere near an exact science.