RetroChaos

RetroChaos

Still heartbroken.
Dec 21, 2021
A little farcical story this evening:

Parents went out to a BBQ today while I stayed at home as taxi service (not a problem, I'm quite happy with that).
My dad gets super drunk and so does this other guy, I'll call C. C starts making loads of comments about my mum's breasts which she's uncomfortable about and she's repeatedly asked them to stop.
I arrived later to pick them up and an argument breaks out in the car between them with my dad making the issue all about himself rather than listening to my mum. He gets aggressive and starts slamming doors and smashing up furniture inside.
I try calming him down which devolves into me and mum smacking him.
I leave in hysterical tears and head to Dover, ready to CTB. I stop off at a service station to text my friends goodbye and all that.
My downfall here is that I said in the text I "beat up my dad" which isn't strictly true. Anyway my friends understandably call the police concerned.
However, while this was going on, my dad in his drunken stupor slips over and splits his head open on the coffee table.
Police arrive, to tell my parents that they've had two reports I'm gonna CTB, only to find my dad with blood gashing down his head.
Police then question my parents for ages apparently on the matter, with them wanting to charge me and my mum for common assault before my dad tells them to shut up and stop being stupid.
Meanwhile, I get lost in Dover, check my phone, see the missed calls from family, friends, and withheld numbers (presumably the police), and decide to head home.
I then get told the other half of the story.
Now currently my dad is in the hospital, mum's gone to bed wanting to forget the whole ordeal, and I'm stressing I'm going to get arrested for a third time over something that seriously isn't even my fault.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: September Salt, Dead Meat, Huntfish34 and 8 others
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Sounds like another household full of stress.

• Aww..
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and RetroChaos
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Is there any voice messages on your phone from the police. I'd wait it out at the house. Until then get your facts together on what happened. Maybe they just want to make sure your okay.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
RetroChaos

RetroChaos

Still heartbroken.
Dec 21, 2021
I'm back home now. I don't think anything will happen as they would've taken away mum at the time. Just stressful

• Hugs
Reactions: lofticries, Euthanza, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That certainly does sound so stressful. I'm sorry that you had to go through all that. Life is just so unfair. Best wishes.

RetroChaos

RetroChaos

Still heartbroken.
Dec 21, 2021
Update: house is all okay. We've all made up. I still have a massive distrust and dislike for police. CTB drive is still high but I'm just laying low for the sake of my parents

• Hugs
Reactions: lofticries and not-2-b-the-answer
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021

Parents went out to a BBQ today while I stayed at home as taxi service (not a problem, I'm quite happy with that).
My dad gets super drunk and so does this other guy, I'll call C. C starts making loads of comments about my mum's breasts which she's uncomfortable about and she's repeatedly asked them to stop.
I arrived later to pick them up and an argument breaks out in the car between them with my dad making the issue all about himself rather than listening to my mum. He gets aggressive and starts slamming doors and smashing up furniture inside.
I leave in hysterical tears and head to Dover, ready to CTB. I stop off at a service station to text my friends goodbye and all that.
My downfall here is that I said in the text I "beat up my dad" which isn't strictly true. Anyway my friends understandably call the police concerned.
However, while this was going on, my dad in his drunken stupor slips over and splits his head open on the coffee table.
Police arrive, to tell my parents that they've had two reports I'm gonna CTB, only to find my dad with blood gashing down his head.
Police then question my parents for ages apparently on the matter, with them wanting to charge me and my mum for common assault before my dad tells them to shut up and stop being stupid.
Meanwhile, I get lost in Dover, check my phone, see the missed calls from family, friends, and withheld numbers (presumably the police), and decide to head home.
Now currently my dad is in the hospital, mum's gone to bed wanting to forget the whole ordeal, and I'm stressing I'm going to get arrested for a third time over something that seriously isn't even my fault.

I'm sorry that you have such dysfunctional parents that have gotten you into trouble. I hope that you will find a way through this. Perhaps you could move elsewhere and not keep in touch with them.

Update: house is all okay. We've all made up. I still have a massive distrust and dislike for police. CTB drive is still high but I'm just laying low for the sake of my parents

The behaviour that you describe is in no way normal for adults to behave. Do you feel obliged to forgive your parents for acting this way...?

not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Happy everything is better and you weren't committed or arrested.:heart::hug::heart:

• Love
Reactions: RetroChaos and chronicallybroken
The Abyss

The Abyss

Why're we still here, just to suffer?
Dec 19, 2019
Stupid fucking patchwork soyciety.

S

Sun n showers

Student
Jul 4, 2022

Dover?

RetroChaos

RetroChaos

Still heartbroken.
Dec 21, 2021
Kent, UK. Beachy Head. Famous set of cliffs that suicides happen at
Happy everything is better and you weren't committed or arrested.:heart::hug::heart:
Thank you. I don't think the pigs could give less of a shit about me if I tried. Once you've got a record they treat you like absolute dirt.
I'm sorry that you have such dysfunctional parents that have gotten you into trouble. I hope that you will find a way through this. Perhaps you could move elsewhere and not keep in touch with them.

The behaviour that you describe is in no way normal for adults to behave. Do you feel obliged to forgive your parents for acting this way...?
I love my parents, and they love me. They just drink too much. It does put a strain on our relationship at times, but like we always say - nobody is perfect. I've fucked up big time, so have they

Last edited: