• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
The nature of physical reality itself is deeply perplexing. This observable universe seems to be the ultimate expression OF randomness. While scientific knowledge has advanced our understanding, I see this knowledge as a mere superficiality. I just feel like of all that does not contribute to what I consider the cause of all problems there have ever existed: The origin of physical reality. I JUST WANT TO KNOW ABOUT IT. WHAT LIES BEYOND ALL? IS IT SOMETHING WE CAN KNOW USING OUR LIMITED BRAINS? HOW THE FUCK DOES THIS UNIVERSE SUSTAIN ITSELF?

Just as a virtual world like Minecraft requires an external computer system to render and compute its 'reality', does our universe also require some sort of bigger computer to render itself? We are all surrounded by mystery and nothing else.

I just feel like it is scary to be alive when you consider it carefully. Not because physical dangers, but more about the fact that we are very conscious that we do not know about anything. What things do I not know that I am unaware of? Being conscious is a torment.

Instead of pondering about the Black Pill, people should ponder about the origin of all physical phenomena. That's the origin of suffering and every problem the human species has. Everything comes from the set of physical laws which gave rise to the biological machines called humans. There is nothing more important than this. Everything ELSE IS COPE and distraction. All of our problems are to be solved by pointing to the origin of all. Everything else is just a mere consquence with no value. The origin of all is where the answer resides.

The worst possible outcome is that we humans might never be able to access that knowledge due to our brain innate limitations of intelligence. It could be something so powerful no human brain could ever comprehend. A so complex knowledge, innacesible to the mind, and for this to be understood, it will be necesssary the creation of something above intelligence. I repeat myself again, everything else is just cope and distraction.

Last edited:
Zazacosta

Zazacosta

Apr 29, 2024
Good philosophical thought. My opinion on this topic is in my signature.....

THIS WORLD IS NOT REAL.
WE LIVE IN A DREAM.

This is also my philosophy...

Reactions: sserafim
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Misery Minimization Activist
Sep 19, 2023
Everything comes from the set of phyiscal laws which gave rise to the biological machines called humans. There is nothing more important than this. Everything ELSE IS COPE and distraction.
This post, and these types of posts, are your way of coping and distracting from your reality. You don't have to look inward, ask yourself hard questions, face your flaws, or grow if you can point to some psychological boogeyman that renders the issues moot. The need for distraction must be getting bigger. On your list of reasons not to face your reality we've gone from "the machine and system is unfair so why bother" to "the blackpill that nothing matters so I'm not going to try" to "well I've already done everything so why bother" and now "well okay something matters but it's the giant unknown of space and time and there's actually unlimited stuff to do but it's just so big I can't start anywhere! My issues are too small to address!"

The answer is within, not without.

JKFleck

JKFleck

Betrayed by my only friend, nothing left to lose
Oct 1, 2023
Our stories (aka. lifetime) is so little compared to the universe both in time and size scales that whatever answer we come up with that question (or anything we do at all really) does zero effect to the universe, and that is let alone if there is something more than the universe out there

halleyscomet

halleyscomet

halley
Mar 26, 2024
We can not prove or disprove if our reality is "real" or not, it's pretty terrifying isn't it? For all we know we could be some fucked up version of the sims on some kids laptop. But what is "real" anyways? What classifies as definite reality? My head hurts thinking about it lol. The thought doesn't give me anxiety, it honestly just depresses me.

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Misery Minimization Activist
Sep 19, 2023
Really?
That would hurt my feelings if that somebody wrote to me...
I hope I didn't. It applies to me, too. To everyone, I guess.

Maybe I need to be a little kinder.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zazacosta
H

Hvergelmir

May 5, 2024
Those problems are actively being worked on. Extremely intelligent people dedicate their lives to those questions, and a lot of money is being poured into it.
You could dedicate your life to finding those answers, if you think you have anything to contribute.

As for me, I've stopped asking those questions, silently watching what science concludes. I just don't have what it takes to contribute, in any meaningful way.