• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Defenestration

Defenestration

I want to have the courage to defenestrate myself
Oct 25, 2020
Hi,
I can't stand the feeling of being abandoned.

I had signed up for an athletics club and we had a WhatsApp group, I marginalized myself by making allusions to suicide and the fact that I had a disability.
I ended up getting everyone annoying despite the fact that I tried to be super nice, courteous, generous (offering donations to the club) In short, I saw after a while that people responded to me less or more coldly.

I therefore excluded myself for fear of being abandoned. This feeling of abandonment is horrible to experience. I don't know if it's due to borderline personality disorder but it makes me suffer.

even people I have seen 2.3 times in my life rejection and abandonment are terrible for me and are a driving force behind impulsive suicide.

Anybody?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Gangrel, 14407, Rational man and 7 others
astr4

astr4

memento mori
Mar 27, 2019
i used to have this fear when i was younger. you're very valid for feeling that way. unfortunately all i learned from it is that it's better to self isolate. that way i never risk being abandoned. i don't have any good advice unfortunately but i sympathize greatly.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rational man, Randy Savage, kunikuzushi and 2 others
_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
I also marginalize myself for fear of rejection and abandonment. It feels like beating them to it. lol 🙃 I'm sorry you also suffer in this way. 🫂

Learning about Rejection Sensitive Dysphoria (RSD) has been a little helpful for me - at least in understanding I'm not alone in this feeling.

This article is informative. It's from an autistic perspective, but I feel it would be applicable for others too.

Reactions: Rational man and Defenestration
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Proud Normie
Sep 19, 2023
I have a big-time fear of abandonment. I operate best when I have my one or two people that - with a lot of effort - I start to trust won't abandon me.

The choice to remove yourself is one that makes sense sometimes, as sad as it is. You pick up signs that you're not welcome . . . cut your losses, you know? The hard part is that with a fear of abandonment you can't trust your instinct on if you're welcome or not, but it really sucks to open up to someone about your fear of abandonment only for them to abandon you without closure or explanation! But . . . it happens, lol. Trying to have an online friend I could discuss the darker parts of my brain with did not work out, so my IRL bestie has just had to step up and absorb a little more haha. Should have just stuck with my handful of close people. He's opened up more to me as part of it, though, which is good, I think.
I also marginalize myself for fear of rejection and abandonment. It feels like beating them to it. lol 🙃 I'm sorry you also suffer in this way. 🫂

Learning about Rejection Sensitive Dysphoria (RSD) has been a little helpful for me - at least in understanding I'm not alone in this feeling.

This article is informative. It's from an autistic perspective, but I feel it would be applicable for others too.

This is very interesting. (You're loaded with good reading materials!)

I've had it theorized that my people-pleasing and guilt over not being enough for people was because I am an over-socialized normie, so it's interesting to read a theory that it could be related to neurodivergence instead - quite the reverse.

Although they got this wrong:

If you fear you've upset someone, sometimes the only thing we can do is to ask them. Because worst case scenario, you have upset them (where you feel you are now), and best case scenario is that it was imagined, or a misunderstanding.
The worst case scenario is they don't answer you and now you have a second source of potential rejection out there haha. Then the dreaded, 'well do I follow up or try again or just assume they hate me and remove myself?' Sometimes @Defenestration is right that it's best to just remove yourself.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Defenestration and _AllCatsAreGrey_
_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
This is very interesting. (You're loaded with good reading materials!)

I've had it theorized that my people-pleasing and guilt over not being enough for people was because I am an over-socialized normie, so it's interesting to read a theory that it could be related to neurodivergence instead - quite the reverse.

Haha. I'm glad you find it interesting. I love collecting and sharing information. I've heard some say that info-sharing is a big way some neurodivergent people share affection. My dream job has always been to be a librarian...

Although they got this wrong:

The worst case scenario is they don't answer you and now you have a second source of potential rejection out there haha. Then the dreaded, 'well do I follow up or try again or just assume they hate me and remove myself?' Sometimes @Defenestration is right that it's best to just remove yourself.

I agree. It's not quite that easy. I'm also inclined to agree that self-isolating is a pretty solid defense mechanism. I sure do it. ^_^

• Love
Reactions: derpyderpins
Defenestration

Defenestration

I want to have the courage to defenestrate myself
Oct 25, 2020
And i want that 100/100 of people like me
😥😥😥
Or 100/100 of people dont hâte me

• Hugs
Reactions: astr4
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
I used to have this feeling too and I became insecure when I was abandoned by my parents, having been abused by the same narcissists. When I became involved intimately involved with a few people, I think I came across as intense and.clingy but really I wasn't that aware. Now, I dont give a shit because im on my own and ill, having been abandoned by people I thought were friends, bar one friend who helps me at home. To be honest, I like my own company.now and most people ive known were unreliable so its no great loss. Having said that, I feel your pain and I wish you well. I.think authenticity is something many people fail to realise. They are never truthful to themselves and are busy trying to be liked...does that make sense?

Last edited:

Internet Angel
May 15, 2024
Hi,
I can't stand the feeling of being abandoned.

I had signed up for an athletics club and we had a WhatsApp group, I marginalized myself by making allusions to suicide and the fact that I had a disability.
I ended up getting everyone annoying despite the fact that I tried to be super nice, courteous, generous (offering donations to the club) In short, I saw after a while that people responded to me less or more coldly.

I therefore excluded myself for fear of being abandoned. This feeling of abandonment is horrible to experience. I don't know if it's due to borderline personality disorder but it makes me suffer.

even people I have seen 2.3 times in my life rejection and abandonment are terrible for me and are a driving force behind impulsive suicide.

Anybody?

I understand you so bad. It's the worst when you feel like everybody's out to get you no matter how nicely you try to act — it's as if people have a radar for those who struggle & just decide to contribute to that feeling of loneliness even more. It's such a debilitating feeling knowing that everyone you've ever met will eventually leave no matter what you do. Attachment is hell & people are unpredictable.