DSPinkman

DSPinkman

Saul goodman
Apr 10, 2023
I often think about the universe and the grand scheme of everything. Are we here by some coincidence or is there a higher power, the world seems to have a perfect balance of everything it needs to sustain life, if we were any closer to the sun we would probably not exist, ecosystems exist and animals from overpopulating and stuff like that. It all seems too perfect to be some coincidence, but then again the universe is infinite so eventually some planet has to have the right tools to allow life to exist but even after all that there's me, why am I conscious, why am I aware of my existence. I guess that's why most people go to religion, so they can have a meaning to exist they can have an explanation. I grew up in a Mormon household, I don't believe anything that it says about an afterlife or anything, and I'm not sure if I even believe there is a loving god. If there was why would they allow all this suffering. Everything is in perfect balance but it's also pure chaos, we're all on a rock floating in space and for some reason, we are conscious, and aware. So are we really here by pure coincidence, did we really just get lucky? Why was a born into a human body and not something else? I feel like religion would be good to ease my mind about this, but I feel like that's what we've been doing for centuries, we need purpose and we make up reasons for why we exist. I realize I'm rambling a lot, I just had a lot on my mind but can't really put it into words, so I'm curious what some of you think. Do you think it's all a coincidence, that we got lucky? Or do you think something has to be in control due to everything being so balanced and perfect?

(I don't know if that made sense but I think you get what I mean)

carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I think you make sense to me. Personally I think you can see balance eveywhere but in a system so balanced you have to have order and chaos that's why sometimes things can feel completely random.
I'm not sure we will ever work it out,as science progresses we move toward a more mechanistic view of the world but a lot of scientists discover that the world behaves irrationally and they come to a halt.

Reactions: DSPinkman