L

loopylou

Learn to fly
Jan 11, 2021
Had a few not very nice comments yesterday from two family members. Mainly relating to their opinions of what would ' make me feel less depressed'

1. why do you always have to be the victim
2. Why don't you just get a part time job?
3. It's alright for you , you get to chill all day or sleep whenever you want

well I am diagnosed with BPD, depression, anxiety & social agoraphobia. I also have nerve pain. I don't work as I have been signed off onto long term sick pay by ATOS. This company do medical checks to see if you qualify for sick pay. They are notorious for not signing people off, and more so for mental health. If they deem me unfit to work why do people feel the need to think differently and express that to me.
I'm really frustrated today. I'm being treated like this by people who are suppose to support me.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, W’ren, NodusTollens and 2 others
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020

*deep inhale*
triggered bobs burgers GIF

The third one almost had me throwing my phone. Like, ugh- yes, that EXACTLY what you would rather be doing with your time. *face palm*

I'm sorry you had to hear that. I share some of the same dxs, so I can appreciate how shitty that would have been to hear. HUGS.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk and loopylou
L

loopylou

Learn to fly
Jan 11, 2021

*deep inhale*
triggered bobs burgers GIF

The third one almost had me throwing my phone. Like, ugh- yes, that EXACTLY what you would rather be doing with your time. *face palm*

I'm sorry you had to hear that. I share some of the same dxs, so I can appreciate how shitty that would have been to hear. HUGS.
The third one is the one that got to me the most. I replied to him that I don't choose to be like this I'm not very well. And if I could change places with him and become well enough to work 35 hours a week I would.
it honestly just felt like he thinks I'm just lazy. And that I'm always playing the victim as my ' excuse' for not being a functional member of society. I replied well I am a victim, I was abused.
People = nobs.

• Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens
N

Nigh

Experienced
Oct 12, 2020
Sorry they told you that, that's hurtful to hear. Many people don't understand mental illnesses or even how historic abuse can affect you in your later life. Unfortunately, I've found that many people only understand when they start going through their own turmoils.

They think you're just at home having the time of your life - watching Jeremy Kylie, if they only knew...

• Love
Reactions: loopylou
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
People = nobs.

It's so ridiculous, that it becomes more confusing that anyone would say it at all, let alone to you.

Confused Season 3 GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

—/—

Glad you stood up for yourself. Some people just don't get it. HUGS.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: loopylou