• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

L

LaughingGoat

Mage
Apr 11, 2024
Decriminalization is legalization really. Just semantics
That's absolutely incorrect. Since we just discussed alcohol and tobacco it's a perfect example; legality would mean any drug could be easily required from regular stores and is made widely available to anyone as long as I'm over 18 or 21. Decriminalization means I won't receive punishment if caught using or possessing those drugs. It's not semantics, it's a stark difference between availability and allowance between the two (decriminalization also does not permit the manufacturing of said drugs like legality does). We're going in circles at this point, so I'll just acquiesce that I'm not going to change my stance based off your points and vice versa.

Reactions: EvisceratedJester
DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
That's absolutely incorrect. Since we just discussed alcohol and tobacco it's a perfect example; legality would mean any drug could be easily required from regular stores and is made widely available to anyone as long as I'm over 18 or 21. Decriminalization means I won't receive punishment if caught using or possessing those drugs. It's not semantics, it's a stark difference between availability and allowance between the two (decriminalization also does not permit the manufacturing of said drugs like legality does). We're going in circles at this point, so I'll just acquiesce that I'm not going to change my stance based off your points and vice versa.
Definitely u won't convince me. I get your distinction but still consider decriminalization as a form of legalization. It's exactly what Mexico did in 2009 and they called it legalization although I allow for the possibility that something lost in translation from Spanish to English. If people no longer getting locked up for it, isn't that legalization? Isn't it kinda like the term "harm reduction". Words people use because they don't think they will get the same level of support as if they say legalization but in effect it is what they are advocating for?

DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
And many countries and U S states have completely legalized marijuana by yours or anybody's definition