Old

Old

Apr 25, 2024
A bit of a sensitive topic, not my intention to cause any discomfort.

Alright, people who do sh, have you noticed an increase in pain tolerance? I'm not trying to use this for SH btw.

Reactions: spirittheyregone
DipAndChips

DipAndChips

Aug 11, 2024
A bit of a sensitive topic, not my intention to cause any discomfort.

Alright, people who do sh, have you noticed an increase in pain tolerance? I'm not trying to use this for SH btw.
Ive been cutting myself on and off for a few years now.

Pain tolerance.. I would say it has increased.

But then again I am not sure as when I do cut myself it actually feels good.

Imagine drinking 2-3 beers and then bumming your first cigarette of the day from someone and taking the first pull.
(That is how i can describe it lol)

I am speaking for myself and my experience only.

Reactions: fleetingnight and Old
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Yeah, pretty much. It was really just the feel of metal against my skin that bothered me the most, not the pain.

Reactions: Old
DipAndChips

DipAndChips

Aug 11, 2024
Yeah, pretty much. It was really just the feel of metal against my skin that bothered me the most, not the pain.
Rlly?

I kinda like it. Just not when the blade of choice is not dull.
Not good when it is is dull and it it drags and makes the cuts jagged instead of straight and smooth cuts.

fleetingnight

fleetingnight

incapable of shutting up
May 2, 2024
Just a little, it's hardly notable. A lot of the time, I dissociate when I sh, so the pain feels dulled

mapleboy

mapleboy

sleepy...
May 22, 2023
My pain tolerance has definitely increased. I'm way more used to it now, but I'm not sure if that's because I emotionally feel indifferent to the physical pain or if my body has gotten over the shock of blades constantly cutting through. I don't feel pain when I cut anymore, but it still silences my racing thoughts which is why I still do it.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Rlly?

I kinda like it. Just not when the blade of choice is not dull.
Not good when it is is dull and it it drags and makes the cuts jagged instead of straight and smooth cuts.
I don't know why, I just can't get past it mentally. Hence why most of my deepest cuts were made whenever I was feeling very emotional, since it made it harder to think about it.

Cress

Cress

Arcanist
Oct 15, 2023
The most severe self harm Outside of suicide attempts that I did was head bashing. I would find a pure concrete wall and slam the front portion of my skull as hard as I could into the concrete It was incredibly painful and I would suffer terrible vertigo like my head was spinning. I would continue until blood would pool around my face and I would Bleed all over the concrete that I was continually smashing my head against. During my most painful moments Emotionally I would say This form of self harm actually did start to make me feel better from time to time.

My pain tolerance definitely went up from doing it as well as being used to striking the front portion of my head against something very durable. The front portion of your skull is essentially equivalent to a mace and deadly weapon there is a reason head butts aren't allowed in Any structured fighting Between individuals.

A lot of people were pleading with me to find some other method as every time I was head bashing I risked serious injury and brain damage as well as a Brain bleed or stroke. I haven't done it for about 6 years and I would strongly advise against doing it as it's one of the most destructive forms of self harm that you could do.

I don't condone or encourage it in any way I'm merely sharing my story. I was looking for any way I could to transfer my emotional pain into physical pain which seems to be the main purpose of self harm. It's easy to hate oneself And I guess the idea that you are punishing yourself and that you deserve it sort of make you feel better but the reality is no one deserves to suffer.

Trying to think of yourself as another person that you interact with in the world helps a little bit with instilling empathy for yourself as most people wouldn't randomly walk around harming others.

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Old and GoatHerder
spirittheyregone

spirittheyregone

A whisper to her scream, an autumn in my green.
Jun 12, 2023
I mean not really? I always cut fast so I dont feel it as much lol, but when I got my first professional tattoo I noticed it felt a lot like selfharming and didnt mind the tattoo process as much

abigail

abigail

trying to get better for him ~
Aug 10, 2024
If you guys don't mind sharing, where about on your bodies do you SH?