R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
My exbest friend from childhood does this. He got some money and his ego got out of control I think. There is another person in my life and I think the childhood friend got a little competetive to the point he would buy stuff/visit places due to him having to prove a point whenever he felt he was challenged on something.

Keep in mind my other friend never had that intention. He was actually surprised when I broke down the pattern of the exfriend behaviour which proved to be true.

We have a group chat together and he only reaches out once in a blue moon to brag basically. I try to make plans so we can play some games together again but it never happens. And there is always that feeling of fakeness from both of us when we interact.

Thing is, I never reach out first anymore, but he keeps doing this. I find it both funny and pointless at the same time. I dunno if it's his jealousy about the other friend, but I think he also looks down on me as well since my situation and all that.

I wonder how long is he going to keep this up because even tho I burned a lot of bridges with both good and bad people (would make this topic unnecessary long), I find it hard to do it with him because it would cause drama between our families as well since they know each other obviously.

Do you have people like this in your life? Probably not because anyone would block them lol.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: silentcicada, Adûnâi, Forever Sleep and 1 other person
anonymousfoxxo

anonymousfoxxo

Stray Fox
Nov 9, 2023
You guys have friends?
- Just kidding

I did have some "friends" like that for a while. But eventually I learnt to get rid of them for good. Can't bother me from other accounts if I don't use my phone, can you? :')

I'd lie if I said I don't talk to anyone anymore, however the number of people I interact with has decreased drastically over the past few years. Has it been a good change? I guess so. I feel less dragged down. But I still have problems, more than I can bear. So in the end, having them or not having them, it was pointless to ever care. Regardless, I seek to find likeminded people to chat with, just taking care not to let anyone too close.

• Hugs
Reactions: foreverfalling, SMmetalhead36 and R_N
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
- Just kidding

I did have some "friends" like that for a while. But eventually I learnt to get rid of them for good. Can't bother me from other accounts if I don't use my phone, can you? :')

I'd lie if I said I don't talk to anyone anymore, however the number of people I interact with has decreased drastically over the past few years. Has it been a good change? I guess so. I feel less dragged down. But I still have problems, more than I can bear. So in the end, having them or not having them, it was pointless to ever care. Regardless, I seek to find likeminded people to chat with, just taking care not to let anyone too close.
I get you. I am basically a hermit now and there is only one "friend" that is good to have around and won't judge me for my life. I am not dependant on them tho.

anonymousfoxxo

anonymousfoxxo

Stray Fox
Nov 9, 2023
I get you. I am basically a hermit now and there is only one "friend" that is good to have around and won't judge me for my life. I am not dependant on them tho.
I am glad to hear you are independent of them. That is important for your own sake. However having someone is equally important, as for so long we exist in this cruel world, our bodies are dependent on chemicals, chemicals that are tied to certain rules. One of such rules is that we are social beings, therefore need to have someone of our kind around us every now and then. I can only imagine if that weren't so, we all would be in a way happier. But I can only speculate about that. Wish you all the best!

Reactions: R_N
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
It sucks, but honesty can be the best policy for energy vampires like this. I had the opposite problem - a friend who would just peace the fuck out whenever she felt like it only to show up out of the blue like it was nothing. I got tired of her shit, called her out, and that was the end of the friendship. We had been friends for 14 years, so I definitely miss her sometimes, but I feel a lot better than I did and do not regret my decision. Life is too short to let someone treat you like shit.

Reactions: R_N
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
I wish I had people in my life at all (aside from my mom).

• Hugs
Reactions: AInilam and R_N
silentcicada

silentcicada

Silhouettes on the ceiling
Aug 2, 2023
Most of my friend group are gossipers. We're all still young, but I thought they'd grow out of it by now? It's tiring being around so much negativity, I can never open up to them because they'll spread my business to literally anyone. I've pretty much removed myself from them but they do occasionally reach out.
I wish I had a nice little group of friends!

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and R_N
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
I have people who barely know me - acquaintances or even less than that - who dislike me and do not talk to me, but still expect me to be friendly toward them, and will feel offended if I refuse to play along with the act. These people are not exactly part of my life, but I see them on an either regular or semi-regular basis. Some of these people are so-called "neighbors" who are not very neighborly, and some of them are from other environments.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and R_N