AbusedInnocent

AbusedInnocent

Student
Apr 5, 2024
Everyone suffers to varying degrees, everyone has problems.

From this some people conclude that everyone who has had it better from their point of view and couldn't handle it is a snowflake that deserves to be ridiculed and has to figure it out on their own without any support.

I can't understand this way of thinking at all, do they not realize that everyone is different, that everyone has different standards and desires and perceives situations differently?

No pain is insignificant, why can't we all support each other through even the smallest of problems, it doesn't matter how good or bad you think someone's situation is, what matters is how it makes them feel and they are deserving of support no matter what.

This might seem obvious to most people on this forum but I've never met anyone who thinks this way IRL, just wanted to vent.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_, 3/4Dead, binturong and 7 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Maybe because I am 68 years old and do not give a damn what others think or I am just stupid, BUT I tell folks about my mental health issues, usually it is just medical and dental but nevertheless shoot from the hip.

I have always felt that if they are going to "look down" at me for this aspect then they would find other things to thumb their noses at me with.

After all these decades on this rock it still amazes me how some folks judge when they have so many skeletons of their own. I always tell those who come after me, "you are actually pointing your finger in the mirror at yourself".

We are ALL the same and EVERYONE has positive and some not so positives aspects about themselves and we should magnify the positive parts, and they will help overcome.

It is like in the business world, as I have told my team members through the decades this: "If it comes to this point then it is better that they dislike us then like us because if they like us then they pulled the wool over our eyes and took advantage of us and if we stood up for ourselves then they dislike us, oh well" and this can also apply to mental health.

If someone is going to NOT like me or want to be around me, then I win because I DO NOT want to associate myself with narrow-minded people ever.

Lots of well wishes and love to everyone here always.

Walter

• Hugs
Reactions: binturong, AbusedInnocent and CTB Dream
amnesia999

amnesia999

Eats, Shoots, and Leaves
Jun 30, 2024
Wikipedia sez,

"Snowflake is a derogatory slang term for a person, implying that they have an inflated sense of uniqueness, an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are overly emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions. The term gained prominence in the 2010s, and was declared by The Guardian in Britain to be the "defining insult of 2016", a term "thrown around with abandon in the wake of Brexit debate in the United Kingdom and the 2016 US election"."

(It's a political insult thrown at those on the left by those on the right, in the same way that "deplorable/deplorables" is a political insult thrown at those on the right by those on the left. In my opinion both words are cringe and cause my eyes to audibly roll.)

Everybody's got a wagon to pull, whether it's a mental illness, a physical problem, or something else going on in their life. That definitely includes the people calling other people "snowflakes".

• Hugs
Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_, AbusedInnocent and whywere
3/4Dead

3/4Dead

Peace, Love, Empathy
Feb 27, 2024
Such a silly insult, honestly. Everyone is suffering, why compare scars when we can help each other heal?

• Hugs
Reactions: AbusedInnocent, whywere and amnesia999