• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Rx_S

Rx_S

Where's my free will and right to end everything?
Jul 6, 2018
So I'm part of a community that focus around this set game and the company responsible in making it, it's pretty huge at the moment but I rather keep it a secret for the safety of others involved.

Recently a lot of our members are dealing with situations of stress, familiar/monetary/trust issues, sexual acceptance, diseases and others that are leading some to consider suicide or even attempt. Including myself.

I know how hard it's do live in a condition where you're hopeless and yet scared to do something about it, it's far from easy to make a decision, and it's not like this is a type of thing that you desire to do out of nowhere, there's a lot behind it, weeks, months or even years of inconvenient events that lead you to this state.

What ended up happening most of the time is an urge of going to Twitter/Discord and giving hits about their depressive and hopeless state. The most frequent one being the change of their profile picture into something suggestive.

Like I have stated, it's really not easy to go through this and even if we want to just go and end everything without hesitation, part of us don't and hold us back, believing that there's hope.

Sadly, others think we joke about this and it's nothing else than a "massive collaborative joke".

There's nothing funny about a desire to stop exiting or to keep suffering in a horrendous state.

What upsets me the most is the most recent situation...

One close friend of mine suddenly disappeared for 1 week now and we can't make contact with him, he deleted his Twitter and left all servers that he was apart in Discord. We tried to reach for help, get people to know how he was, principally because he attempted suicide on the past. But the reaction was different this time around as you can see on the images attached to this
They choose to make fun of this than getting more people to help, this thread have way more attention than the one made to spread awareness of how worried we are to get in contact with him

They choose to make fun of this than getting more people to help, this thread have way more attention than the one made to spread awareness of how worried we are to get in contact with him
I have officially lost hope on humanity, never had I felt so disgusted like this before… If he does end up taking his life or already did it, I wouldn't be so far off of doing the same.

Attachments

• OnPaste.20180706-101942.png
    OnPaste.20180706-101942.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 30
  • OnPaste.20180706-112605.png
    OnPaste.20180706-112605.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 27
  • OnPaste.20180706-112743.png
    OnPaste.20180706-112743.png
    5.3 KB · Views: 27
athousandsorrows

athousandsorrows

Jul 5, 2018
So I'm part of a community that focus around this set game and the company responsible in making it, it's pretty huge at the moment but I rather keep it a secret for the safety of others involved.

Recently a lot of our members are dealing with situations of stress, familiar/monetary/trust issues, sexual acceptance, diseases and others that are leading some to consider suicide or even attempt. Including myself.

I know how hard it's do live in a condition where you're hopeless and yet scared to do something about it, it's far from easy to make a decision, and it's not like this is a type of thing that you desire to do out of nowhere, there's a lot behind it, weeks, months or even years of inconvenient events that lead you to this state.

What ended up happening most of the time is an urge of going to Twitter/Discord and giving hits about their depressive and hopeless state. The most frequent one being the change of their profile picture into something suggestive.

Like I have stated, it's really not easy to go through this and even if we want to just go and end everything without hesitation, part of us don't and hold us back, believing that there's hope.

Sadly, others think we joke about this and it's nothing else than a "massive collaborative joke".

There's nothing funny about a desire to stop exiting or to keep suffering in a horrendous state.

What upsets me the most is the most recent situation...

One close friend of mine suddenly disappeared for 1 week now and we can't make contact with him, he deleted his Twitter and left all servers that he was apart in Discord. We tried to reach for help, get people to know how he was, principally because he attempted suicide on the past. But the reaction was different this time around as you can see on the images attached to this

I have officially lost hope on humanity, never had I felt so disgusted like this before… If he does end up taking his life or already did it, I wouldn't be so far off of doing the same.

That sucks. I feel for you and your friend. People think that a lot of the time suicide attempts are just to get attention, maybe so, but I'd rather think that they're a plea for help, even more so when they're obviously done in such a way as to not be successful. In any case, like in the story with the boy who cried wolf, eventually people just don't want to help anymore. If your friend did take his own life, then don't hurt for him, be happy that he's finally free from pain and suffering. If you're going to kill yourself because of his loss, I say give it a couple of months, really give it a chance to run its course (the grief) and then, if you still feel the same way, then by all means go ahead. Again, sorry for what is happening to you and your friend and hope everything turns out okay! Humanity does suck.

deathwish

deathwish

-
Jun 16, 2018
With memes becoming mainstream, depression memes became a huge thing, so to a lot of people who aren't suicidal, it may indeed seem just like a joke. It's dumb, it's ignorant, it's a misunderstanding; really, I think some people don't understand that so many who share depression memes, for example, are really considering ctb. Even myself, I was wondering recently if indeed most people who share them are serious.. they're sooo popular and not that many people will kill themselves, not as many as post the memes. Everything is a joke, but not always.

Anyway to treat the matter of suspecting suicide, or seeing perhaps blatant hints of impending suicide, with such levity as you describe must indicate a lack of thought or caring on your coworkers' parts- chosen ignorance, lack of interest? And that's definitely sickening in a "You don't care about your fellow humans?" way and I'm fucking sorry you have to live so closely to it.
Alternatively and also terribly, it may be just(?) a misunderstanding...like, the first screenshot you posted- "maybe i'm naive but". That person wouldn't express themself in that way (changing icon etc), they don't understand why another person would, sincerely. Totally different minds. Imo, this is one of the most frustrating possibilities and I don't.. really.. know how to even address it well besides...up your empathy game way up.