mxrthas

mxrthas

Sep 13, 2023
people should have the right to die for art, make a painting with their brains and give it to their family hoping that they cherish it with the idea that it might be worth something one day, metaphorically speaking. do I even make sense or im going insane? In a context of consent I should be able to give my body to art just like with science. Whoever read this, have a wonderful day my friends :heart:

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, fishlover, an_alias and 1 other person
BringMeToLife

BringMeToLife

I'm stuck in here
Apr 13, 2023
I don't understand the metaphor, but I agree that people should be able to do whatever with their bodies. And as crazy as it seems, the idea of making art out of death and what's left is beautiful. Take care

NoAIarmsNoSurprises

NoAIarmsNoSurprises

soon this will all just be a bad memory
Jan 18, 2024
That sounds silly. Death is not art. While some artists may have become famous after their death that doesn't necessarily mean the same..

Why am I even bothering to write this? This is a ridiculous take OP.

Reactions: EvisceratedJester and wondering&wandering
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
If it was your own brain, I don't think you'd still be alive to be able to incorporate it into your work. Unless I suppose it was a shotgun that splattered it over something. That, I assume would be classed as evidence though- rather than Art.

Marc Quinn made a cast of his own head in his own blood- that was quite interesting. Of course- he didn't have to die to do that.

Really though- if you're hoping for worldwide acceptance of suicides for random personal reasons- you're unlikely to get it. Even people in immense pain aren't being given that!

In a way, you could loosely argue that perhaps all suicides are about expression. About making a statement- basically: 'This is what it's like to be me in this moment. My life doesn't feel worth living. I'm not willing to put up with this world any longer.' In some ways- maybe all suicides are a form of performance art. Art certainly is a reflection on life when it comes to suicide. We are sentient beings that have had enough!

I expect plenty of Artists die for their Art though- even if they don't incorporate themselves in it. They (we- I'm creative too) put everything they have into their work. It's likely not a very healthy obsession and when we fail- it's easy to become so depressed and lost in life that we kill ourselves.

• Love
Reactions: mxrthas, wondering&wandering and NoAIarmsNoSurprises
an_alias

an_alias

milosh
Dec 21, 2020
i get what you mean to an extent! i think there's something very poetic and beautiful yet unsettling about decay. i don't think many people will appreciate death in that sense but i'm glad that you're able to OP :heart:

• Love
Reactions: mxrthas
Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
People should have the right to die, but I don't know about making it explicitly for art. Though if that's something someone clearly wants to do with their body then they should be allowed to do so.

• Love
XXXWRLD

XXXWRLD

May 22, 2023
Black Swan
Drill rappers tbh...

Anyone can do it. Find some drill rappers, move to thier block. Make up a set. Diss said ops, post it on social media, make more songs, post more.

Get your head blown off by said ops.

Ctb by art with a partner.

Somebody turn this into a guide đŸ˜…
Drill rappers tbh...

Anyone can do it. Find some drill rappers, move to thier block. Make up a set. Diss said ops, post it on social media, make more songs, post more.

Last edited:
S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
Ppl should just have the right to die, I don't see how it's any of the government's fucking bussiness if I live or die in the first place. I can agrue the government owns our lives or the billionaires owns our lives as long as we aren't allowed to die.
As for dying for art, I have thought about it before. Death as performance art, making a statement of how unlivable the current society is. It's actually something I want to do, more or less. I'm working on smth rn, and the only way I believe it can be truly completed is if I die by suicide, so that the metaphor/porphecy of my work will be fulfilled. It's also kind of cool imo, to die right after you finish something big, go out with a boom.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: sserafim and mxrthas
mxrthas

mxrthas

Sep 13, 2023
Black Swan
Drill rappers tbh...

Drill rappers tbh...

I've followed the drill movement years ago and it do make sense in a way haha! I meant more as "im going to do it so instead of leaving my grey matter to dry on the walls why not let it dry on a painting board". Call me insane if you want (even tho I doubt you would) but I feel like its a waste of blood, organs and art, our bodies are so complex that we give our bodies to science why not for art? if you get what I mean :D who's your favorite drill artist by the way?
Ppl should just have the right to die, I don't see how it's any of the government's fucking bussiness if I live or die in the first place. I can agrue the government owns our lives or the billionaires owns our lives as long as we aren't allowed to die.
As for dying for art, I have thought about it before. Death as performance art, making a statement of how unlivable the current society is. It's actually something I want to do, more or less. I'm working on smth rn, and the only way I believe it can be truly completed is if I die by suicide, so that the metaphor/porphecy of my work will be fulfilled. It's also kind of cool imo, to die right after you finish something big, go out with a boom.
I totally agree ! 100%

mxrthas

mxrthas

Sep 13, 2023
If it was your own brain, I don't think you'd still be alive to be able to incorporate it into your work. Unless I suppose it was a shotgun that splattered it over something. That, I assume would be classed as evidence though- rather than Art.

Marc Quinn made a cast of his own head in his own blood- that was quite interesting. Of course- he didn't have to die to do that.

Really though- if you're hoping for worldwide acceptance of suicides for random personal reasons- you're unlikely to get it. Even people in immense pain aren't being given that!

In a way, you could loosely argue that perhaps all suicides are about expression. About making a statement- basically: 'This is what it's like to be me in this moment. My life doesn't feel worth living. I'm not willing to put up with this world any longer.' In some ways- maybe all suicides are a form of performance art. Art certainly is a reflection on life when it comes to suicide. We are sentient beings that have had enough!

I expect plenty of Artists die for their Art though- even if they don't incorporate themselves in it. They (we- I'm creative too) put everything they have into their work. It's likely not a very healthy obsession and when we fail- it's easy to become so depressed and lost in life that we kill ourselves.
I was in a manic episode when I made that thread, I didnt make any sense writing my original post hahaha, you're clearly right about the evidence part! I was picturing more of an event where i'd gather with friends, closed ones, loved ones or just people like me and X person do his "performance" and the selected persons get to create with their loved one remainings. Yeah I might be tripping. I love how you see things and I like the way you express yourself