K

kqlysrsly

Sep 15, 2020
Sometimes I come across those ignorant people who doesn't understand that people are hairless monkeys.

Sure we got an advanced central nervous system but it's no magic.

Why do some people think we are more than animals and are all of those people delusional /. Brainwashed ?

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 24152, FatalSystemError591, BorderlineSuicidal and 12 others
A Retarded Demon

A Retarded Demon

Gib Pancakes Plz
Jul 9, 2020
Most people like to think they are a cut above the rest and won't accept any fact that proves they are all just one of the great apes.

That's kinda all your witnessing, people in denial.

• Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, FatalSystemError591, Blueman and 6 others
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
A lot of people have been indoctrinated in to believing, whatever, since they were birthed.

Reactions: Homecoming, FatalSystemError591, MiserableBastard1995 and 4 others
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
Don't get me wrong humans are fucking scumbags but they are still far superior than most if not all other animals.
Feel like it would be nice to have another a more adept species on earth to provide some competition over global domination.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sprite_Geist, FatalSystemError591, MiserableBastard1995 and 2 others
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
Sometimes I come across those ignorant people who doesn't understand that people are hairless monkeys.

Sure we got an advanced central nervous system but it's no magic.

Why do some people think we are more than animals and are all of those people delusional /. Brainwashed ?

We may be animals, but we stands apart from all other life forms on our planet, because we have the most advanced brains.

(Notice I say "apart" not "above".)

Humans have more neurons in their cerebral cortex than any other animal. This leads to higher intelligence and a host of other advantages such as the ability to communicate through language, to think abstractly, to experience self-awareness, to philosophize, to ask questions about our universe, to create art.

So, in a sense, we are "more" than animals, because we can perform cognitive tasks which they can not.

• Love
Reactions: Sprite_Geist, MiserableBastard1995, Huntfish34 and 3 others
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
We may be animals, but we stands apart from all other life forms on our planet, because we have the most advanced brains.

(Notice I say "apart" not "above".)

Humans have more neurons in their cerebral cortex than any other animal. This leads to higher intelligence and a host of other advantages such as the ability to communicate through language, to think abstractly, to experience self-awareness, to philosophize, to ask questions about our universe, to create art.

So, in a sense, we are "more" than animals, because we can perform cognitive tasks which they can not.
Well articulated..

I would like to add to that, that humans have the ability to transmit information (culture, technology religions etc ) over vast generations which animals simply do not have the capacity for. That factor I feel is the one that separates us most.

But yes, and I guess especially the elite ruling class would like to believe they are far more civilized than they are.

Last edited:
Reactions: XYZ, Huntfish34 and Lostandlooking
Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
This is why I'm vegetarian, I respect animals way over humans, I respect snails more than the majority of politicians. Love chocolate too much to be vegan though

Reactions: clocktower, Dreamless Sleep, puppy9 and 2 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I'm not a monkey.... I'm an ape.

I agree completely though. I've never understood why people don't see themselves as animals.

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Homecoming, Dreamless Sleep, foxdie and 2 others
voidman

voidman

emptiness —> nothingness
Sep 15, 2020
Humans somehow evolved a big fatass ego too. We're really not all that special except the fact that we learned how to make fire, use tools, and socialize.

Reactions: Sprite_Geist, Leshen, puppy9 and 3 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Humans somehow evolved a big fatass ego too. We're really not all that special except the fact that we learned how to make fire, use tools, and socialize.
That's actually pretty pro. I like those things.

Reactions: Huntfish34
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
People call humans "superior" but fail to see that "intelligence" is something that has only brought misery and destruction to the world. And never mind the fact that many animals seem to have their own awareness of things similar to humans, we're just the ones that happened to develop as we did.

Reactions: Sprite_Geist, Dreamless Sleep and puppy9
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
People call humans "superior" but fail to see that "intelligence" is something that has only brought misery and destruction to the world. And never mind the fact that many animals seem to have their own awareness of things similar to humans, we're just the ones that happened to develop as we did.
Well, not entirely. I see intelligence as a tool. You can use it to design barrier free infrastructure in cities to help people get around. Or create an h-bomb.

Reactions: puppy9
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
Well articulated..

I would like to add to that, that humans have the ability to transmit information (culture, technology religions etc ) over vast generations which animals simply do not have the capacity for. That factor I feel is the one that separates us most.

But yes, and I guess especially the elite ruling class would like to believe they are far more civilized than they are.

Yes, without the ability to pass down knowledge each generation would have to reinvent the proverbial wheel from the scratch and no progress would be possible.

The ability to communicate knowledge is inextricably connected with language (written and oral), and language is something we developped as our brains became more advanced.

We all stand on the shoulders of our ancestors.

Reactions: StateOfMind
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
I feel humans underestimate the intelligence of other animals and I also believe intelligence is arbitrarily defined by humans. If we set the goal posts, of course other animals fail to meet the standard. Humanity has grown arrogant, yeah our technology sets up apart but look at what we do with it. We're destroying entire ecosystems and wiping out biodiversity. We're a plague in ape form. Oh no, my misanthropy is showing again lol.

Dreamless Sleep

Dreamless Sleep

The eternal night before chaos...
Feb 1, 2020
This is why I'm vegetarian, I respect animals way over humans, I respect snails more than the majority of politicians. Love chocolate too much to be vegan though

Chocolate itself is vegan... it's only when they add milk and stuff that it becomes not vegan. So there are a ton of dark chocolate bars that are naturally vegan. And a lot of companies are making stuff like vegan M&Ms, peanut butter cups, etc.

• Love
Reactions: Never Free
Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
Chocolate itself is vegan... it's only when they add milk and stuff that it becomes not vegan. So there are a ton of dark chocolate bars that are naturally vegan. And a lot of companies are making stuff like vegan M&Ms, peanut butter cups, etc.

I know, chocolate originally was vegan, Mexican chocolate is delicious, but my favourites have milk and I can't give them up. Also dark chocolate usually makes my headaches worse

Never Free

Never Free

Student
Feb 6, 2019
I know, chocolate originally was vegan, Mexican chocolate is delicious, but my favourites have milk and I can't give them up. Also dark chocolate usually makes my headaches worse
There's some good vegan milk chocolate alternatives. There's more and more. Not just, because of veganism, but largely from allergies. You may be surprised.

Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
There's some good vegan milk chocolate alternatives. There's more and more. Not just, because of veganism, but largely from allergies. You may be surprised.
My mother works for a chocolate company, I am aware there are a large range of vegan chocolates that is just expanding. And before that she worked for a vegetarian&vegan protein alternative, I am largely aware of the increasing number of people who are not vegan/vegetarian and still eat animal free products. Please don't assume I know anything about veganism, it's demoralising

Never Free

Never Free

Student
Feb 6, 2019
My mother works for a chocolate company, I am aware there are a large range of vegan chocolates that is just expanding. And before that she worked for a vegetarian&vegan protein alternative, I am largely aware of the increasing number of people who are not vegan/vegetarian and still eat animal free products. Please don't assume I know anything about veganism, it's demoralising
Sorry if you thought I was assuming. I was pointing it out in case you did not. Sorry to sound harsh, but knowing more about Veganism would make you more immoral in my opinion. I mean if you are unaware of the cruelty, and still choose based on chocolate preference then it's not too moral. Not knowing brands however is certainly not questioning your morals at all. Allergies aren't really part of veganism. There is just a convenient overlap.

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
We are the only species on the planet with a concept of rights and values. For example: we try to take care of those that are vulnerable and/or disabled. In the wild those individuals who unfortunately have health issues would be destroyed.

It could be argued that this is not bad because it is part of the so-called "Laws of Nature", but just because an event or behaviour is natural that does not make it okay or beneficial. Nature is just a metaphor for any mechanism in the universe that is out of our control and that it happens on its own. To say that something is natural is another way of saying it is random. In other words: nature does not have any laws or method behind it - everything just happens, because it simply does. "It" does not care either way, so while suffering might not be considered bad in the natural world, because our own morality is relative, it also means it is not good either - by the same logic. It is human nature to forge our own nature and to free ourselves of the savagery that happens in the animal kingdom - which is why we developed human rights, and I think that is one aspect that makes us a little better.

Yes human beings are not perfect, and they have done some disgusting things throughout history, but we are not a monstrous entity as certain people would make us out to be; plus those that hate their fellow humans and preach that "People suck!" are usually the same individuals who do nothing to improve anything.

Overall though we are not better than other species, and we are definitely not the worst either.

Reactions: Lostandlooking
CoalmineCanary

CoalmineCanary

Jul 15, 2020
I have a intellectual, bro-mance thing with these lectures. I guess you guys can tell. I apologize for my social awkwardness.

Last edited: