T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
I don't know if anyone had or has a similar experience but since they know I'm suicidal they call me "selfish" whenever they want. "Hey, look "The Selfish" ". It makes me angry :hmph:

• Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, _Minsk, VIBRITANNIA and 8 others
reggiesaurus

reggiesaurus

Only passion is not having one
Aug 30, 2020
How ironic it is. "If you're suffering, that's your problem. Now you have to live with your misery because no one else deserves pain except you. Suck it up." Goddamn pro lifers, I swear!!

• Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Ybother, _Minsk and 6 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
If it is selfish to want to die it is equally selfish to want to force people to live. Humans are selfish by nature, as are all animals. Try not to let hypocrites get in your head.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Ybother, _Minsk and 9 others
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I don't know if anyone had or has a similar experience but since they know I'm suicidal they call me "selfish" whenever they want. "Hey, look "The Selfish" ". It makes me angry :hmph:
Send it right back to them: how selfish of you to presume you know how I experience the world from my subjective viewpoint, and to judge me for something you can have no idea about. Try to be compassionate and understanding instead of being crushingly judgmental and....selfish.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Ybother, DFFP and 2 others
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
Living for others certainly has its limitations.
I live for myself for the most part.
I guess I am selfish and that's fine by me.

Other people can't help me anyway.
I am my wisest counsel.
So be it lol.

• Love
Reactions: Ybother, Deleted member 4993, _Minsk and 2 others
M

Marauder

why keep existing when you´re no living?
Sep 9, 2020
I feel the same. People just dont underestand that only extremely brave person is able to overhelm survival instinct and CTB. I had same problem and I have totally isolated from these kind of people.
Only people with CTB thoughts can really underestand the pain that we all are going through.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, Ghost2211 and Lost in a Dream
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
The next time a pro-lifer tells me I am being selfish for wanting to die, I will probably turn into a smartass and reply with, "And?"

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, _Minsk, Marauder and 2 others
S

siickmann3

Sep 7, 2020
No one cares about you in life and how you felling but if you commit suicide you are selfish :ahhha: always the same story..

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Ybother, _Minsk and 4 others
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
It's also ironic that the 'normal' societal discourse says that people who ctb are cowards and selfish, when they are actually the opposite.

Ctb takes an enormous amount of courage, probably more courage than anything else a person could do, and a person who does it is anything but selfish, since 'selfish' is actually defined as: 'lacking consideration for other people; or concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure.'

Now you could argue that someone who ctb's lacks consideration for others depending on the circumstances, but what cannot be disputed is that the person who ctb's is the opposite of someone chiefly concerned with 'their own profit or pleasure', since they are literally ending themselves, the source of any possible profit or pleasure that they could experience.

It is actually the most unselfish thing anyone could do based on the second part of the (dictionary) definition I gave.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Ybother, _Minsk and 1 other person
Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
yes my brother tells me it is selfish and I will hurt people by doing it. Yes, I know there are people who do love me in this life. I am lucky to have that. It is more selfish for them to think this existence I wake up to is worth staying for. I sit in my bedroom 24/7 depressed and most times hysterical crying. Why would that be worth staying for to wake up to everyday? it has been my existence for the last almost 3yrs. It is getting worse and I refuse to stay here to make them happy when I am already dead inside.

Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
My mom called me selfish. I didn't bother trying to explain how she and all pro-lifers are the selfish ones. I knew I wouldn't change her views and would probably make her feel worse.

• Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf, Marauder, esse_est_percipi and 1 other person
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
Everyone is selfish to a greater or lesser extent. Society itself is based upon selfish values - putting yourself first and trampling over others to get what you want, the promotion of rugged individualism, the obsession with material gain and success, the constant need to climb the social ladder; while making fun of anyone 'below' you, the lack empathy toward each other because empathy is a weakness, or so we're told... The list goes on. Basically the environment that we're placed in is very competitive and you will get hurt eventually - one way or another.

There are a lot of people out there that don't like this - what has just been mentioned. They either can't cope with the harsh workings of society, or they destroy themselves/get destroyed physically, mentally and emotionally trying to participate. They just cannot handle it anymore and want out.

Suicide is not a selfish act. It is a reaction to a selfish world.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, NeedToD, Marauder and 1 other person
B

bigdog

Arcanist
Jul 12, 2020
I was surprised but nobody really cared about my intentions to suicide. They are like yeah whatever

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ybother and KleinerWolf
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
being selfish isn't inherently a bad thing. you have to put yourself first at one point or another.

and even if being selfish was a bad thing - isn't forcing someone to live for you/others selfish?

Reactions: Ybother, Lost in a Dream and _Minsk
M

Misfit72

Student
Aug 25, 2020
Ah, yes, this is the usual emotional blackmail. I agree with Ayn Rand's definition of selfishness as 'concern for one's own interests', so what's wrong with that? By the way, I don't like the use of the term 'pro-life' - I prefer to use 'anti-choice'.

Reactions: Ybother and esse_est_percipi
2Min2Midnight

2Min2Midnight

Nov 20, 2019
Selfish? I think it's selfish that we are thrust into this ridiculous human condition in the first place.

Reactions: Ybother, esse_est_percipi and _Minsk
Zneko

Zneko

Sep 3, 2020

My mother does this as well says I only care about myself. They are fucking projecting the people who do this the most at least to me are the ones who have the most weight in my life and are the ones that could help but dont want to be bothered doing anything. So instead of making an effort they get upset that you are suicidal at all and are making them feel bad and lash out at you. Don't to know you have to live so they don't feel guilty... I compare it to how I was treated at Christmas parties as a small child, being told don't bother any adult at the party, they let my sister who was constantly abusive freaking control my nieces who were my same age and used the excuse that they were girls so we wouldn't want to hang around. My cousins avoided me due to a dispute my mother had and something about me not wanting to get clothes dirty, probably had to do with being poor and not being able to wash my clothes. Pretty much being told to sit in a corner by yourself alone we love you but we don't want to hear from you. I've noticed that's how it is for the people telling others they are selfish. Well we understand your suicidal but we don't actually want to make an effort so we'll tell you your selfish and just wait and hope that eventually it goes away.