waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019
Everyone's seeking approval from people they don't care about. That more than anything is what drives the opinions they have. I'd say that's a bigger problem than any of what they decide that they're outraged by that day

I get the impression that seeking approval from other people who honestly are not even that important to your life is a fundamental aspect of human nature. People want to conform and fit in so they do things they may otherwise not even like just to fit in.

For example there are so many people who do the typical get married, get a mortgage on a house, have kids and slave away at a job they hate/slowly sucking the soul/life out of them for decades because they want approval from others. They want to be seen as "successful" by others even though they hate their lives.

My father used to be friends with a homeless rock climber when he was younger. The guy was homeless, had no career a "failure" by societies standards but my dad said he was a really happy guy. Why? He did what he loved for a living, he rock climbed and didnt give a damn what others thought of him. In my opinion he's the successful one, he's the enlightened one. You have only one life, why do something you hate for the approval of people you don't really care about when instead you could do something you love?

Last edited:
Reactions: Oyoy, Worthless_nobody, Lost in a Dream and 3 others
I

It'llNeverEnd

Mar 1, 2020
My father used to be friends with a homeless rock climber when he was younger. The guy was homeless, had no career a "failure" by societies standards but my dad said he was a really happy guy. Why? He did what he loved for a living, he rock climbed and didnt give a damn what others thought of him. In my opinion he's the successful one, he's the enlightened one. You have only one life, why do something you hate for the approval of people you don't really care about when instead you could do something you love?
I may have to steal the rock climber story

Reactions: Oyoy
waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019
I may have to steal the rock climber story
It's a good story isn't it?

I find it very inspiring.

The homeless rock climber is a hero to all who face existential angst.

• Love
Reactions: Oyoy