• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

girlboything

girlboything

drugged up doll
Jun 1, 2023
hi, i'm sorry if this has been answered i just cannot figure out how to find/use the search function. pegasos in switzerland. i read the faqs and they seem contradictory. they say they don't consider depression to invalidate your ability to decide. they also say they accept applications from anyone over 18. but then, they say they don't accept 'suicidal young people'. does anyone have any clarification on what this means? how young is considered young? why do they consider depression valid but not suicidality? i have contacted them but they haven't replied. i feel so hopeless, i thought i found a way out if i could just save up enough money. but now it seems like they wouldn't even accept me and i just…i don't know what to do. any insight is appreciated (including how to use the search feature lol)
thank you!

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Welcome to the forum! I'm sorry Idk about Pegasus and their guidelines but the search function will be activated once you have about 15-20 posts, the chat / messages then as well.

Reactions: 90starve
girlboything

girlboything

drugged up doll
Jun 1, 2023
Welcome to the forum! I'm sorry Idk about Pegasus and their guidelines but the search function will be activated once you have about 15-20 posts, the chat / messages then as well.
ohh ok cool thank you!

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Tortured by evil humans
Sep 24, 2020
The search will just appear at the top of the screen once you have a few more posts, it's certainly frustrating how on this forum people cannot access the search straightaway so people cannot just find what they instantly need to read. If you are able to get legalised assisted suicide then you are fortunate, I guess all you can do is wait for a reply but I wouldn't be surprised if you don't get accepted.

befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
I have been helping people apply for many years and have posted a lot of information here on the forum.
If you are applying for VAD because of mental health issues, the process is much more complicated, takes longer, and is more expensive. In addition to the regular costs of CHF 10,000, there are high costs for an expert opinion by a psychiatrist in Switzerland and travel expenses. Pegasos is the only association that accepts applications for mental health issues.

If you want my advice, better not try it. The chance is too small and the financial loss in case of a rejection is too big. In fact, I always advise not mentioning mental health problems when applying primarily because of a physical illness.

By the way, Pegasos and also other VAD associations reads in this forum. So please be careful with personal details in the forum !

• Informative
Reactions: grahf, RUPA, rationaltake and 1 other person
girlboything

girlboything

drugged up doll
Jun 1, 2023
I have been helping people apply for many years and have posted a lot of information here on the forum.
If you are applying for VAD because of mental health issues, the process is much more complicated, takes longer, and is more expensive. In addition to the regular costs of CHF 10,000, there are high costs for an expert opinion by a psychiatrist in Switzerland and travel expenses. Pegasos is the only association that accepts applications for mental health issues.

If you want my advice, better not try it. The chance is too small and the financial loss in case of a rejection is too big. In fact, I always advise not mentioning mental health problems when applying primarily because of a physical illness.

By the way, Pegasos and also other VAD associations reads in this forum. So please be careful with personal details in the forum !

ah, that sucks. i dont actually have a physical illness just a shitload of mental illnesses so…yea. thank you for the info.

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
Unfortunately, I also read many such reports lately. I can only say that Pegasos were reliable in the beginning, that is, when they started their business. Perhaps this was to build a good reputation. I don't know and I don't want to say. You always had to wait a long time for answers in the past. But that you no longer get an answer is bad, especially if you have already paid the deposit. This is very disappointing.

I have helped people apply for VAD for many years. After getting this information, I stopped doing it.
I don't want to feel responsible for losing money and disappointment.

At Dignitas it´s much harder for VAD to be accepted. At Lifecircle it´s a bit easier. They cooperate with Eternal Spirit. The costs are also CHF 10.000,-
+ additional costs.

What you need to know: The VAD associations read in this forum and according to my information they have a profile.
So be careful with personal information in the forum.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: grahf and rationaltake
befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
@OP:

What does this mean?

• Your post in the thread Pegasos was edited. Reason: Protect OP
  • Your post in the thread Pegasos was deleted. Reason: Requested by OP

What was wrong with my post ?

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
Explanation for other members, just in case you are wondering: My texts were not deleted.

The original poster asked for their comment to be removed, as they felt they shared too much personal information. My comments remained, the mod´s just removed the quoted section by the original poster of the comment.

Yes, I agree. It´s not good to share too much personal info in the forum.

Reactions: RUPA, rationaltake and LostInNowhere
R

RUPA

Student
Oct 19, 2022

hi befree I always appreciate your comments.
I can see that chances are slim for getting accepted due to mental health issues. Can i ask why/how you think they were accepted for VAD at Pegasos - krista Atkins, two Arizona sisters, Norh Vincent....Atkins and Vincent are known to have had severe depression. still mystery how Arizona sisters were accepted
How perfect medical records have to be???

Last edited:
Reactions: lachrymost
befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
Without knowing the exact case of these people, I also wonder how they managed to be accepted. Usually, it´s extremely difficult to hopeless to be accepted only because of a mental illness. Only 2 of the associations in Switzerland accept applications from people with only a mental illness. Accepting the application does not mean that you have a chance to be accepted for VAD! This is a big difference ! The whole process takes much longer and costs much more than CHF10.000,- because additional expertises are needed. You have to travel to a psychiatrist in Switzerland. This costs a lot of money. Also the proactive cooperation of the person is necessary. This can be very stressful and frustrating.

The processing of an application only because of a physical condition takes only a few months if all medical records are sent in and there are no doubts because of an additional psychological condition. In case of a mental condition only, the processing can take 1 year or more and there is no prognosis what the outcome will be. If the application is rejected, only part of the deposit will be refunded.

The medical records must be convincing and not raise questions or doubts. If you ever plan to apply for VAD, make sure you allways get copies of your medical records from your doctor.

It´s impossible to say in a few words how perfect the medical records must be. The more you have, the better. Each case is an individual case.

Last edited:
lsssrrr

lsssrrr

Jul 10, 2023
The processing of an application only because of a physical condition takes only a few months if all medical records are sent in and there are no doubts because of an additional psychological condition. In case of a mental condition only, the processing can take 1 year or more and there is no prognosis what the outcome will be. If the application is rejected, only part of the deposit will be refunded.

What if the stress of your physical condition causes your mental problems?

Like, I have a physical condition with my genitals. It isn't going to kill me, but it causes chronic pain and ruins the chance of me ever having sex or a relationship. I take antidepressants *because* of this physical condition.

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
Every person knows that physical illness also affects the psyche. It always depends on the individual case. Stress can be a consequence of a physical illness and life circumstances. There is internal and external stress. Without knowing your exact circumstances and medical records, I would guess that this kind of stress because of your physical condition would not be a problem for a VAD application. Chronic pain is accepted as a reason for a VAD request (not only Pegasos).

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: lsssrrr
S

Steve

Jun 14, 2018
What if the stress of your physical condition causes your mental problems?

Like, I have a physical condition with my genitals. It isn't going to kill me, but it causes chronic pain and ruins the chance of me ever having sex or a relationship. I take antidepressants *because* of this physical condition.
Pudendal neuralgia?

lsssrrr

lsssrrr

Jul 10, 2023
Pudendal neuralgia?
Not sure how specific I can be. I heard some organizations don't like it if they catch you on here.

Basically it's a cancer-type thing. Not life-threatening at all, just weird growths that press on nerves and generally make your genitals look gross. The treatment is surgery to cut off the dead parts of your genitals and sew whatever's left back together. But there's no way to stop it from progressing, even after the surgery.

I'd rather CTB lol.

TheDog_

TheDog_

Feb 25, 2023
P
Unfortunately, I also read many such reports lately. I can only say that Pegasos were reliable in the beginning, that is, when they started their business. Perhaps this was to build a good reputation. I don't know and I don't want to say. You always had to wait a long time for answers in the past. But that you no longer get an answer is bad, especially if you have already paid the deposit. This is very disappointing.

I have helped people apply for VAD for many years. After getting this information, I stopped doing it.
I don't want to feel responsible for losing money and disappointment.

At Dignitas it´s much harder for VAD to be accepted. At Lifecircle it´s a bit easier. They cooperate with Eternal Spirit. The costs are also CHF 10.000,-
+ additional costs.

What you need to know: The VAD associations read in this forum and according to my information they have a profile.
So be careful with personal information in the forum.
Pegasos isn't legit anymore?

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
Pegasos isn't legit anymore?
no comment

If I would have to decide, I would choose the Swiss VAD association L....c....e. She (a doctor) is doing a wonderful job.
I have the feeling that this association is not only about making money.

But this is not a recommendation. You decide yourself which of the 6 Swiss associations you apply to. I don't want to feel responsible if you are rejected or if you are not satisfied.

Last edited:
Reactions: girlboything
girlboything

girlboything

drugged up doll
Jun 1, 2023
@OP:

What does this mean?

• Your post in the thread Pegasos was edited. Reason: Protect OP
  • Your post in the thread Pegasos was deleted. Reason: Requested by OP

What was wrong with my post ?
huh, im sorry, i have no idea. i definitely didn't delete or ask to delete anything? i appreciate the info. it's so fucked up that even death is gatekept by capitalism fml

Install-Gentoo

Install-Gentoo

Aug 23, 2022
hi, i'm sorry if this has been answered i just cannot figure out how to find/use the search function. pegasos in switzerland. i read the faqs and they seem contradictory. they say they don't consider depression to invalidate your ability to decide. they also say they accept applications from anyone over 18. but then, they say they don't accept 'suicidal young people'. does anyone have any clarification on what this means? how young is considered young? why do they consider depression valid but not suicidality? i have contacted them but they haven't replied. i feel so hopeless, i thought i found a way out if i could just save up enough money. but now it seems like they wouldn't even accept me and i just…i don't know what to do. any insight is appreciated (including how to use the search feature lol)
thank you!
I have gone back in forth with emailing Pegasos for 4 months now. They always say "as a relatively young person, we cannot help you", so I tell them that they accept people over 18. Then, they say "we are bound by Swiss law and must abide by their rules when approving a client", to which I ask, what ARE these rules?
They deflect every time.
They say, "your application wouldn't be approved, so we can't get N to help you", so I ask WHY my application won't be approved.
They say, we have to work within the requirements of the Swiss system", I ask what are the requirements of the Swiss system??? They don't answer any of this! It's all just computer generated cookie cutter garbage.

Pegasos will never help you or anyone else. They are a front organization for anti-choice suicide "prevention" efforts. I would never give them your real name or any identifiable information; it might lead to police showing up or other bad things. Don't trust Pegasos. They are liars.

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
Pegasos will never help.... or anyone else.
I´m not a fan of Pegasos anymore, but this is not true. I have successfully helped people apply for VAD for many years with all the VAD associations. Many of the applications were accepted by Pegasos, in one case even because of tinnitus.

girlboything

girlboything

drugged up doll
Jun 1, 2023
i seem to be having they exact same experience fml

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
i seem to be having they exact same experience fml
There is not only Pegasos. If you are not satisfied, you can try another VAD association.
requirements of the Swiss system

Last edited:
girlboything

girlboything

drugged up doll
Jun 1, 2023
There is not only Pegasos. If you are not satisfied, you can try another VAD association.

i thought pegasos was the only option if you're not physically sick? i'm basically exclusively mentally ill

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
i thought pegasos was the only option if you're not physically sick? i'm basically exclusively mentally ill
What I said in my post on July 9th,2023 also applies to Dignitas. My advice is not to apply if you only have a mental illness.

Last edited:
girlboything

girlboything

drugged up doll
Jun 1, 2023
What I said in my post on July 9th,2023 also applies to Dignitas. My advice is not to apply if you only have a mental illness.
shit. thank you. this is so. im so angry.

Walilamdzii

Walilamdzii

-
Sep 19, 2021
I also thought that it was very contradictory..

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Hey. Can you pm me please I can't pm you for some reason. I have some questions regarding VAD

B

bobcat01

Mar 10, 2024
With something like PSSD I would be interested in what the VAD orgs say. It is truly one of the worst conditions a human being can experience yet unfortunately it's not sufficiently recognised. Really it's a neurological illness but it manifests itself like a mental illness.