MG_39

MG_39

Physically ill suffering couch potato
Jul 5, 2019
There are two types of pain. Physical and mental.

Now we are going to talk about methods which are called peaceful and reliable but still are painful.

In my opinion there are two methods. Pentobarbital/Nembutal and Exit bag with inert gas (if done correctly)
I'm going to talk about the exit bag method, because it's my choice of method. But first I have to explain why this is also true about Nembutal.

Most people who gain access to Nembutal do it in liquid form, which I believe is a method that is very peaceful in regards of physical pain (No we can't now for sure if we for some reason become aware and in pain when our brain shuts down completely and we die, but that would be the same for all methods, and nothing we can influence. So where is the pain with this method. Unless you do it under controlled forms (e.g assisted suicide), there are things that would make you worry about failure. (At least I would) How do I react to anti-emetics, should I go for a milder version like Domperidone, or risk taking Metoclopramide and risk failure because of EPS? Can I keep it down even with anti-emetics, and what would happen if I throw up? Is it common you would fail with N, no, but it's still going to mentally affect a lot of people for weeks before and the final hours before you do it.

Ok, let's talk about my method, inert gas with exit bag.

I would say i'm an intelligent person (maybe it doesn't look like that because of my English, which is not my native language) I also have rather good technical knowledge. And also a perfectionist. To be a perfectionist is both good and bad here. The bad thing with this is I'm using a method that can't be perfect, let's be honest a bag over your head to guarantee an inert atmosphere can't be perfect. This also result in me doubting on my knowledge, is that Nitrogen cylinder really large enough? I didn't follow PPe's instructions exactly with the exit bag, I improved smaller things with the bag, but wait should I do that, do I really know what I'm doing? of course those things are my SI talking.

But even when everything is finished, and I have double checked everything ten times. I pull down the bag over my face and i'm not going to breath freely, not because of the gas itself, but because I will feel panic that this isn't going to work (not because I'm going to die, because I'm in piece with that) and when I think about this it makes me think that this panic can also be a part of a failure. With my hands tied, and in panic, do i wiggle my head around so much so i dislodge the bag in some way?

So why didn't I choose Full suspension hanging instead? the same things would be true (except less planning) Do I really use the correct knot? is this really a suitable rope? do the anchor point really hold my weight? And on top of that I wouldn't be able to "let go" because I'm so scared of the possibility of minutes of pain.

Something in my brain tells me, whatever you do to end your life, you WILL fail, you are to stupid to figure this out, you did miss something important.

Would it be different if I/you are terminally ill (Cancer/ALS or something that give you a couple of months left to live?) or maybe just really old.
Yes, because a failure could never result in decades in mental/physical pain with brain damage where you can't end your life, maybe you are not even in a position to tell other people you don't wan't to live.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, irrelevant_string and Lennox
dysphoria

dysphoria

Aug 4, 2019
A moderate amount of alcohol mixed with a small quantity of benzos is usually enough to diminish anyone's inhibitions to the point where they have none. This could be combined with an exit bag for the survival instinct and anxiety. I would personally consider the bag around number 2 in my preferred methods, because there's nothing that can beat a drug which inactivates your brain activity to the point of mimicking brain death. They jabbed me with some pretty sharp objects when I was in a barbiturate coma. Told my family I was braindead and discussed switching off the life support. It definitely works... I've thought about mixing the bag methods with N too, but it takes a while to absorb, and with barbiturates at these doses, there's very little time between noticing it and being asleep, and longer until you are at anaesthetic, comatose levels, and further still to death from hypoxia. If you add a bag into the mix, wouldn't that increase the chances of vomiting up some of the N dose? What time would you adjust the gas to aim for, to know you will be not just unconscious but comatose when the gas is doing its job?

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and Lennox
MG_39

MG_39

Physically ill suffering couch potato
Jul 5, 2019
A moderate amount of alcohol mixed with a small quantity of benzos is usually enough to diminish anyone's inhibitions to the point where they have none. This could be combined with an exit bag for the survival instinct and anxiety. I would personally consider the bag around number 2 in my preferred methods, because there's nothing that can beat a drug which inactivates your brain activity to the point of mimicking brain death. They jabbed me with some pretty sharp objects when I was in a barbiturate coma. Told my family I was braindead and discussed switching off the life support. It definitely works... I've thought about mixing the bag methods with N too, but it takes a while to absorb, and with barbiturates at these doses, there's very little time between noticing it and being asleep, and longer until you are at anaesthetic, comatose levels, and further still to death from hypoxia. If you add a bag into the mix, wouldn't that increase the chances of vomiting up some of the N dose? What time would you adjust the gas to aim for, to know you will be not just unconscious but comatose when the gas is doing its job?

I don't think combining N with exit bag is necessary. One way would be to sit with the bag on head (filled with inert gas) take N, if throw up, then just pull down the bag. But since it would be unlikely to throw up the person would just fall asleep with the bag over their head.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Lennox and Baskol1