Mitch3ll

Mitch3ll

Jul 4, 2024
So I'm headed to catch the boat I guess and it has me thinking about a few things. I'm not religious and really hope that once I pass then that's it. Buuuuuuut, what if there really is a ferry man.

Do those that believe in this, when you pass and surrounded by those who believe in the same. Would they still place two gold coins over your eyes?

I have two gold coins it turns out & planning on the nitrogen method. If I leave my coins with a note do you think the authorities that be would honour the placement, or would they either steal em or just ignore it all together?

What does the law allow? I live in British Columbia, Canada. I have no idea how I'd even start to find out the answer to my question.

• Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
Unfortunately suicide is treated as a crime scene. I don't know that LEO or crime scene investigators are keen to mess with a crime scene even if it's to honor the deceaseds wishes. It's very possible the coin and note may be taken in as evidence as well, so even the coroner coming to collect you might not be able to do it. Just another unfortunate indignity of suicide.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
So I'm headed to catch the boat I guess and it has me thinking about a few things. I'm not religious and really hope that once I pass then that's it. Buuuuuuut, what if there really is a ferry man.

Do those that believe in this, when you pass and surrounded by those who believe in the same. Would they still place two gold coins over your eyes?

I have two gold coins it turns out & planning on the nitrogen method. If I leave my coins with a note do you think the authorities that be would honour the placement, or would they either steal em or just ignore it all together?

What does the law allow? I live in British Columbia, Canada. I have no idea how I'd even start to find out the answer to my question.
Placing them on your eyes would be a risk it totally depends on if the first responders are decent people so they might steal them or might not. But I assume if you made a legal note with a lawyer they would have to abide by that but then I guess again it depends on if the person who is supposed to place the coins on your eyes actually does it or steals them.

K

Kali_Yuga13

Experienced
Jul 11, 2024
This was a pagan practice that while the movies show coins over the eyes that actual practice was to put a coin in the mouth known as "Charon's Obol".

Like the other poster's said, a suicide is treated as a crime scene and there are a going to be multiple transit points from where you plan to ctb, the coroner's car, the autopsy table, probably a freezer for a little bit, possibly a funeral home and then burial site.

I would assume you can specify the placement of the coins for your burial in a will. It will either be the mortician or maybe a trusted person that can do this if it's open casket. I even had a mortician ask me if I wanted to see my grandmom one last time and crack open the casket. IDK if that's normal though. Basically the last people in line that have access to your body before burial will be the one's to place the coins.

• Informative
Reactions: LifeQuitter and willitpass
Mitch3ll

Mitch3ll

Jul 4, 2024
I'm glad I asked this out loud. Now that I think about it, I feel a bit silly about the idea and I'm not even gonna bother. That's a problem for future me, lol.