S

Suspect_Device

Student
Jul 10, 2022
I'm at the point in life when everything is starting to break down health wise. I have a herniated neck disc, torn shoulder joints and my arm and hands are in pain. I can't exercise now or even ride a bicycle and I look like shit now because of it. This downward slide gets steeper every year and I think now might be the opportune time to end everything before shit gets even more pathetic. Going to hit up a gun show and get a handgun and scope out abandoned buildings where I won't be disturbed.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Celerity, doormat25, corazon and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That really sounds so dreadful what you have to endure, I see it as being so awful when existing just gets worse. But anyway I wish you the best with your plans.

Reactions: myusername890
S

stage4johnny

Jun 22, 2023
Were you in an accident?
Do doctors offer you any hope of getting better?šŸ˜®

MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
oh i regret giving up my guns or even attempting it last year. sucks how fast your health rolls down the hill. i think i had a mini stroke a couple years ago. pretty sure i herniated a neck disc too but that actually got better on it's own. don't think you have to actually be in an accident as i've not been in anything other than small ones to get to this state. not really been to many doctors but the ones i did go to were highly disappointing.

for example, i when i was younger, i fractured my foot. while i was getting treated for that i figured i'd have them take a look at my knee which i injured playing soccer in high school. i'd injure it repeatedly - sometimes just by walking. so they took an mri but that was not conclusive. then (there were 2 of them) pulling at my knees and such. after a while they agreed there was a problem with my other knee (which i never had an issue with).

one of a few other long stories. this one could have been much longer but yeah, i've grown not to put much faith in them.-

Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering
Bobert_Beniro

Bobert_Beniro

Life sucks and then you die.
Mar 14, 2023
I also have no health in my 23 years. I survived a stroke and now I have tremors and low energy + 2 chronic diseases. This is no sence to still alive

Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
I also have no health in my 23 years. I survived a stroke and now I have tremors and low energy + 2 chronic diseases. This is no sence to still alivi was wondering about you.
wow that early? really sorry to hear that. tremors/low energy - i get that. dizziness too. i remember you. you may not like it but am glad you're still here.

Bobert_Beniro

Bobert_Beniro

Life sucks and then you die.
Mar 14, 2023
wow that early? really sorry to hear that. tremors/low energy - i get that. dizziness too. i remember you. you may not like it but am glad you're still here.
I went bald at 17, had a stroke at 20. Doctors are very surprised when I list my illnesses, it's probably all because of early depression, my body just doesn't want to fight

S

Suspect_Device

Student
Jul 10, 2022
Were you in an accident?
Do doctors offer you any hope of getting better?šŸ˜®
It's an endless and prohibitively expensive waiting game and my folks won't pay for surgery. I bankrupted myself just getting it diagnosed. The surgery I need (slap tear arthroscopy) costs 5000 dollars in addition to insurance premiums. When I asked for help with the money and laid out the doctors diagnosis and justification, my dad said I should try the Jordan Peterson all meat diet instead because "he (right wing conman Jordan peterson) fixed his joint pain and cured his depression that way".

Last edited:
M

mothercoin

Aug 9, 2023
that sounds horrible.. good luck with everything

C

Copium

Mar 14, 2023
I'm at the point in life when everything is starting to break down health wise. I have a herniated neck disc, torn shoulder joints and my arm and hands are in pain. I can't exercise now or even ride a bicycle and I look like shit now because of it. This downward slide gets steeper every year and I think now might be the opportune time to end everything before shit gets even more pathetic. Going to hit up a gun show and get a handgun and scope out abandoned buildings where I won't be disturbed.
Hey i have mild DDD at the neck at c5-6, c6-c7 as well. possibly due to constant phone/laptop use and/or injury when i fainted on my chin on the toilet cover's sharp point. Constant mild ache throughout the day which makes me unable to focus or function. Really makes you feel suicidal and value physical health.

The mainstream treatment is disc fusion and disc replacement, but both of these have either high failure rates (artificial disc), or might cause problems such as adjacent disc disease (Fusion). Elon Musk crushed his neck disc after ego throwing a heavy sumo, got a Artificial disc (mobi-C) initially but it failed. So now his discs are fused.

There's a less invasive option called Percutaneous Laser Disc Decompression which is FDA approved, but less common.

I might go for percutaneous as I age (now 27) and as the neck discs worsen over time. But this could be expensive as one has to pay private fees.

Crazy how one small thing can fuck up everything.

Reactions: doormat25 and Suspect_Device
O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
If you can get a gun go for shotgun not handgun

S

Suspect_Device

Student
Jul 10, 2022
Crazy how one small thing can fuck up everything.
Well said. It's comical how close to being totally fucked everyone is at all times, and with every passing year the ledge just contracts closer.

Reactions: doormat25