• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Saint-mal

Saint-mal

Aug 7, 2020
I snipped off the cord to my vacuum and plan on doing the whole door knob thing but the slip knot doesn't tighten nearly as much as I thought. Any suggestions on how to make it work? (Also my father did it with a garden hose why is this so hard for me??)

Reactions: Meditation guide
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
As in the power cord of a vacuum? I am unsure about these heavily improvised methods; the cord may not be strong enough to hold you as you thrash about and the setup against the door makes it easy for the knob to break. It is kinda difficult getting yourself suspended against a door in the first place. Be very careful and check everything several times to make sure it is strong enough and works as intended. Make absolutely certain there will be no interruption.

As a side note, cords don't tighten as well as ropes because of the material they are made of. Hanging is hard. many people seem to magically manage it with limited items but there are more failures than successes.

Reactions: Meditation guide and Saint-mal
Saint-mal

Saint-mal

Aug 7, 2020
As in the power cord of a vacuum? I am unsure about these heavily improvised methods; the cord may not be strong enough to hold you as you thrash about and the setup against the door makes it easy for the knob to break. It is kinda difficult getting yourself suspended against a door in the first place. Be very careful and check everything several times to make sure it is strong enough and works as intended. Make absolutely certain there will be no interruption.

As a side note, cords don't tighten as well as ropes because of the material they are made of. Hanging is hard. many people seem to magically manage it with limited items but there are more failures than successes.
Ahh I guess I should be glad that I have time for SN now. But it does make sense about the thing about cords