G

Gavalar

Apr 11, 2019
I'm ready to commit.
My last break up hit me hard and I can no longer trust people.
At 26, I've had enough heartbreak, I'm pissed off with life. It's just all pain.
I have no friends, I'm alone and isolated. I put myself out there but I always get the same end result.
My ex of 10 months left me with ease. That's how much I mean to people.

So my question is, what knot do I use for partial hanging. I've tried several times already but I can't get it right and it just feels uncomfortable. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I kneel down and push forward. I'm using neck ties as the noose.
It either feels like I'm choking or I'm not passing out quick enough.

Can anyone help?

Reactions: phoenixx and Kikoo Loool
I

Its time its time

Student
Apr 7, 2019
Partial is not for everyone. Did not work for me.
There's a whole technique to master - I suggest you read up in the 'hanging' thread which you can find in resources.
Usually people use slipknots.

Also make sure that the tie and structure that you are attached to, are able to hold your weight for at least an hour. In the event you fuck up your hanging, there is a chance that you could end up a vegetable or cause hurt to yourself.

I suggest don't rush whichever method you choose. It takes research and experiements to find the magic formula. So take 2 steps back and don't carry it out of despair and panick.

Reactions: Marz and Superfluous
Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
I agree with everything @Its time its time said.

One thing though, just to check. You said you are using neck ties (plural). If so, then the neck ties should be tied together with Reef knots (aka Square knot):

Edit: I'm assuming 1 neck tie isn't long enough so you're tying 2 or more together to make them longer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Its time its time
G

Gavalar

Apr 11, 2019
Are you male or female?
If you are female, hanging seems embarrasing as almost all females piss themselves during hanging

I'm male.
Partial is not for everyone. Did not work for me.
There's a whole technique to master - I suggest you read up in the 'hanging' thread which you can find in resources.
Usually people use slipknots.

Also make sure that the tie and structure that you are attached to, are able to hold your weight for at least an hour. In the event you fuck up your hanging, there is a chance that you could end up a vegetable or cause hurt to yourself.

I suggest don't rush whichever method you choose. It takes research and experiements to find the magic formula. So take 2 steps back and don't carry it out of despair and panick.

Thank you.
I've been thinking about it for a while now.
Since my ex broke it off and completely shut me out its all I've thought about to be honest.

It's between partial hanging and jumping off a cliff, those are the two options I've given myself.

The cliff is 250ft high so Should kill me if I struggle to carry partial out.
I agree with everything @Its time its time said.

One thing though, just to check. You said you are using neck ties (plural). If so, then the neck ties should be tied together with Reef knots (aka Square knot):

View attachment 9924

Edit: I'm assuming 1 neck tie isn't long enough so you're tying 2 or more together to make them longer.

Perfect! Thank you, ill be sure to use this.
What not should I use for the noose around my neck?

Last edited:
Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
I'm sorry to hear about your pain brother. There are a lot of sources of information here that can help you understand the methods.
I agree this is something that shouldn't be rushed, if you are looking for peace without violence some homework will help.
What ever you destination friend I hope your journey helps you find the peace you seek.
DBD

G

Gavalar

Apr 11, 2019
I'm sorry to hear about your pain brother. There are a lot of sources of information here that can help you understand the methods.
I agree this is something that shouldn't be rushed, if you are looking for peace without violence some homework will help.
What ever you destination friend I hope your journey helps you find the peace you seek.
DBD

Thank you.
I'm hoping tonight is the night.
Failing that I have the weekend to drive down to Beachy head and attempt to end it.
I wish this was all easier and it not something I want to do but more something I need to do.

Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
Thank you.
I'm hoping tonight is the night.
Failing that I have the weekend to drive down to Beachy head and attempt to end it.
I wish this was all easier and it not something I want to do but more something I need to do.
I've heard that Beachy Head is sort of 'patrolled.'
I'd take that with a pinch of salt but just make sure you don't end up getting in to a situation where you get sectioned or arrested.
DBD

G

Gavalar

Apr 11, 2019
I've heard that Beachy Head is sort of 'patrolled.'
I'd take that with a pinch of salt but just make sure you don't end up getting in to a situation where you get sectioned or arrested.
DBD

Of course, not planning on getting caught.
I'm psyching myself up for jumping.
Part of me is at peace with dying, just stop thinking and feeling.
I'm just sick of how I'm treated by everyone, how easy I am to just throw away.
I'm not even bothered if people miss me or not anymore.
I thought things had gotten better but they only get worse.
I suppose this is why it's now so easy.

Letmego. Please

Letmego. Please

Wizard
Nov 18, 2018
Of course, not planning on getting caught.
I'm psyching myself up for jumping.
Part of me is at peace with dying, just stop thinking and feeling.
I'm just sick of how I'm treated by everyone, how easy I am to just throw away.
I'm not even bothered if people miss me or not anymore.
I thought things had gotten better but they only get worse.
I suppose this is why it's now so easy.

Just a note on Beachy Head, it is patrolled 24/7 by a bunch of god botherers who have police back up for anybody they find hanging around. I was just hanging around in the pub up the top 30yrs ago when i lived there & got tagged by one of them. They are now a force in their own right, if you do plan on goning there i highly recommend you check out their website http://bhct.org.uk/what/ so that you can best avoid them.
Also bear in mind that in a lot of places it is not a 250ft drop but a series of ledges that will just cripple you, good luck getting near enough to the edge to check for a clear drop without some doo gooder (likely any local) grassing on you.

Yes like everything it can kill you, but there is just as good a chance that it won't so please pick your place carefully.

Reactions: ron_g
G

Gavalar

Apr 11, 2019
Just a note on Beachy Head, it is patrolled 24/7 by a bunch of god botherers who have police back up for anybody they find hanging around. I was just hanging around in the pub up the top 30yrs ago when i lived there & got tagged by one of them. They are now a force in their own right, if you do plan on goning there i highly recommend you check out their website http://bhct.org.uk/what/ so that you can best avoid them.
Also bear in mind that in a lot of places it is not a 250ft drop but a series of ledges that will just cripple you, good luck getting near enough to the edge to check for a clear drop without some doo gooder (likely any local) grassing on you.

Yes like everything it can kill you, but there is just as good a chance that it won't so please pick your place carefully.

Thank you.
Not looking at just injuring myself, got to be for good.
I think the drop is where the lighthouse is, so as long as I act normal and then just drop.
I'll try partial suspension again tonight but failing that I'll go for the jump.

S

suicidaljc

Apr 1, 2019
You can get to Beachy head without getting caught. Just go at night,I managed. I find the difficult part is finding where is best to jump. Plus it's always fucking windy so for me, I worry about actually landing where I want to land head first. It was only SI that stopped me when I was there.

G

Gavalar

Apr 11, 2019
You can get to Beachy head without getting caught. Just go at night,I managed. I find the difficult part is finding where is best to jump. Plus it's always fucking windy so for me, I worry about actually landing where I want to land head first. It was only SI that stopped me when I was there.

Thank you for this!
I'm hoping SI won't be an issue. I've been battling depression hard lately and I no longer feel anything can hold me back.

Letmego. Please

Letmego. Please

Wizard
Nov 18, 2018
@Gavalar

Please do not judge where to jump from by memory, there are constant rockfalls so one area that looked good a week ago may not still be there, as said above you can go at night, but you will not know where to jump from & as soon as you use a flashlight you risk being seen.
Do not underestimate the bloody doo gooders up there who think its their personal 'mission' to rescue us tormented souls.

I wish you peace whatever you decide.

Reactions: suicidaljc
G

Gavalar

Apr 11, 2019
Just tried partial again. I was so close to passing out! The two issues I had though were I don't think the hanging point is high enough, as in after I pass out the noose will loosen and I'll just wake up.
The second was I almost got caught.

The good news is that it's relatively painless. I definitely will try again tonight.

Reactions: planmd and Buinolan