A

axab43

Mar 10, 2024
I've posted about this before but still haven't worked it out. Several famous people have killed themselves with partial hanging. And you hear about people killing themselves on the news all the time, which in the UK is probably due to hanging as most are. So why is it so hard to do. I badly need a way out

Reactions: AmberianDawn and skylight7
MG_39

MG_39

Physically ill suffering couch potato
Jul 5, 2019
We have no idea how many times they have tried. Also I believe that partial is easy when someone is desperate enough, it requires determination.

I have analyzed a lot of failed attempts here on this forum. Some examples.

1. Exploding head feeling - Fail because someone tries to ease into it, which rarely works and only compress jugular.
2. Just painful - Not using a noose knot, or going really hard into the noose.
3. Feeling the symptoms of compressed carotids - SI and backing out.

Reactions: axab43 and shadow999
shadow999

shadow999

Student
Sep 6, 2024
Have you ever tried it? It really hurts. Not saying it isn't a viable method but it is going to hurt. Even if you do it right and lose consciousness in less than 15 seconds, all of your body weight is being supported by just your neck. I tried full suspension and when I was testing it out it simply hurt too much and my survival instinct got in the way of me executing the method. I know it seems like there are not many methods, and I know how it feels to be itching to go. I hope you find your way, good luck and best wishes.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I also really wish it's not so difficult to be free from all the suffering, for me personally it feels so cruel how it is, but anyway I hope that you find peace.

S

skylight7

Aug 16, 2024
I wish SN was not what seems impossible to get in the United States.

A

axab43

Mar 10, 2024
Have you ever tried it? It really hurts. Not saying it isn't a viable method but it is going to hurt. Even if you do it right and lose consciousness in less than 15 seconds, all of your body weight is being supported by just your neck. I tried full suspension and when I was testing it out it simply hurt too much and my survival instinct got in the way of me executing the method. I know it seems like there are not many methods, and I know how it feels to be itching to go. I hope you find your way, good luck and best wishes.
Thank you. I did give it a try once and you are right, it did really hurt. I keep reading about the celebrities who have died through partial hanging, even people who die by accident while doing other things (if you get what I mean), so it seemed it was simple enough for them to do it. I cannot imagine them doing it if it hurt that much. Maybe we are doing it wrong?
I also really wish it's not so difficult to be free from all the suffering, for me personally it feels so cruel how it is, but anyway I hope that you find peace.
thank you! There should be an easier way to go for people who prove they are desperate. It is too cruel otherwise.

A

Asleepatlast

Sep 12, 2024
We have no idea how many times they have tried. Also I believe that partial is easy when someone is desperate enough, it requires determination.

I have analyzed a lot of failed attempts here on this forum. Some examples.

1. Exploding head feeling - Fail because someone tries to ease into it, which rarely works and only compress jugular.
2. Just painful - Not using a noose knot, or going really hard into the noose.
3. Feeling the symptoms of compressed carotids - SI and backing out.
It seems like practice would set a person up to fail. It seems like something you just have to do. How do you really practice hanging, anyway?

Last edited:
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
The pain is caused by constricting your trachea. You only want to constrict your carotids. By all accounts it's not a bad method when you're able to achieve just this. You need to find a way to make the rope only apply pressure to your arteries.

Reactions: sevennn and AmberianDawn
A

Asleepatlast

Sep 12, 2024
The pain is caused by constricting your trachea. You only want to constrict your carotids. By all accounts it's not a bad method when you're able to achieve just this. You need to find a way to make the rope only apply pressure to your arteries.
Isn't that why it's supposed to be high up under the chin?

A

Asleepatlast

Sep 12, 2024
Maybe overthinking or over planning. It's something you just have to do can't really plan for.
You can still put pressure on your windpipe that way.
I guess I haven't seen how to only construct the carotids then. Is it even possible. A rope is going to be pressing on the trachea anywhere you place it I would think.