lifeispain0216

lifeispain0216

Jul 23, 2023
Alright, so I've decided on partial hanging after testing the tourniquet method and not having any luck (just kept feeling pressure building and what i was using kept slipping lower on my neck)
I do have some questions tho and have looked a bit in the forum already and cant seem to find concrete advice.

I can't seem to find my carotids. I feel a pulse and all but every time i test just with my fingers
i dont feel much and definitely dont pass out. is it possible ive got the wrong location or is it just hard to apply enough pressure with just fingers?

Secondly, if i use the method of tying my rope to a doorknob and slinging it over the top of the door how should i kneel/sit?

Third, if i pass out from it what are the chances i will wake up for some reason and how can I prevent this? I'll be using some bondage rope and as mentioned tying it to a doorknob and slinging it over the door.

Lastly, how long after passing out does brain damage begin? If I'm found very soon after is it possible that I won't have brain damage? And if I'm found long after but am not yet dead is there anything that might still kill me or put me into a coma in the hospital? Can I make the noose harder to untie quickly in the event of being found?

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, GettingOut and TheGoodGuy
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Good questions bumping this surely somebody on this forum must know at least one of these questions or at least acknowledge a member asking for help.

Reactions: lifeispain0216
GettingOut

GettingOut

I'm not worth any tears
Aug 16, 2022
Bumping this post again in the hope that someone knowledgeable can answer.

Reactions: lifeispain0216
A

_apathetic

Not my mother tongue, sorry.
Oct 1, 2023
1. In my experience, the carotid artery can hardly be compressed with just a finger, your finger may not be able to cover it and the pressure may not be strong enough, practice with a rope will definitely be easier because it cover large area.

3. Anda akan terbangun jika tali yang digunakan putus, atau jangkar tidak kuat menahan beban Anda.

4. If you want the rope knot to be more difficult to open, maybe you can use a reef knot, but I don't think this is too necessary, since the rope can be easily cut with a knife/scissors.

Last edited:
Reactions: lifeispain0216 and GettingOut
Morgengrauen

Morgengrauen

Sunshine Ward
Sep 10, 2023
The reason you're not able to pass out just by finger is most likely that you indeed holding it wrong, it can be really tricky since the artery can move and slide when trying to press on it. Takes a bit to get the hang on it.

My advice would be trying practicing with the rope (without it being attached or knotted ofc) since it's usually easier to hit the "sweet spot" this way then just with fingers and generally can help finding the right position that is most comfortable. Position also depends very much on how high the rope will end up be and what's more comfortable to you.

In the hanging megathread there's a visual guide for different positions but most advice against kneeling since they either couldn't pass out or immediately got up once SI kicked in. Going to guess now on average doorknob height sitting could be difficult unless you stretch your legs out and attach the rope in a way that would be high enough for your upper body to not reach the floor (or just barely) once you're in position

Once you pass out you should not come back to senses unless there's something happening while twitching that would shortly let the blood flow again.

Serious brain damage starts to occur around 40 seconds to 2 minute marker, highly depends on the person. after 4-5 minutes (assuming the entire blood and air flow is cut off) death should set in. If not the process can stretch out to 15 minutes but that's mostly a concern when doing other methods that doesn't constrict breathing/not cut off properly or SI kicking in trying to save oneself last minute. Definitely plan in enough time to account for those scenarios in which you'll be alone to make sure

In terms of knots there are definitely few that are almost impossible to untie quickly but in a dire case like that, a shibari rope can be simply cut easily and most people rather go for that then try to unknot it. you should attempt this only when you're sure help won't be coming for another 30 minutes.

Reactions: lifeispain0216, GettingOut and MatthieuFrederickW
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
there is : full suspension, night night, partial, tourniquet, korean method.... aside from the first the last 4, they are all the same thing right?

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
A good post about partial hanging.

Reactions: GettingOut and MyChoiceAlone
Morgengrauen

Morgengrauen

Sunshine Ward
Sep 10, 2023
there is : full suspension, night night, partial, tourniquet, korean method.... aside from the first the last 4, they are all the same thing right?
same goal, different execution and feel.

MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
A good post about partial hanging.

i bought a tourniquet as a last resort because i dread sitting in a seat for the whole day to fly acround the world looking for something they may not even sell me. i'll try co soon. tried to light the coals but hasn't been that easy. had been going for the least amount of smoke as possible and the weather to get chilly.