F

frustratedandfedup

Sep 3, 2024
Okay so I'm sort of undecided about how I want to go about this, definitely the hanging route but partial or full is still up in the air. Both of them have pros and cons and they're very different in terms of accessibility for me.

As for full suspension, my issue here is I'm 184cm and 90kg so I would definitely need a strong rope/anchor point, however I would likely have to order a rope due to my living arrangements (I don't drive), the issue there is I live with my family and they're very aware of my state of mind over the past year or so, I've actually discussed with them that I've seriously considered CTB for awhile now so if a rope was to all of a sudden rock up via Amazon delivery, questions might start to get asked. The other problem with full suspension is a lack of anchor points, I don't believe I can find any that I would be confident in supporting my weight. There are metal bars attatched to the downstairs windows that are fairly sturdy but I'm not sure how feasible that is.

So this leads me thinking that partial might be my way to go, for the simple fact that it's a lot easier to find an anchor point for partial. I'm just not sure what the best noose for partial would be, though, ideally something that's readily available inside a home. I've read about people using belts but that doesn't seem entirely practical to me anyway, I'd prefer to use something like a wire, cable that sort of thing.

What do you guys think? I've done a lot of research on the set-up for partial hanging so I'm pretty confident I can get the set-up right, I'm just not sure on the noose part. I know the risks involved and it's not entirely reliable, it's sort of a try until you get it sort of thing but I'd at least like to give it my best try!

Reactions: vinlander