A

AtSea2020

Jul 7, 2020
Hi all,
Have been looking in to the finer details of a jump from Beachy Head and have found out that since June, all of the nearby car parks have been closed due to coronavirus. Am worried this will make the whole situation a lot harder in terms of feasibility. Has anyone been there recently or lives nearby and can advise what the situation is?
Many thanks

T

TotallyIsolated

Mage
Nov 25, 2019
Theres roadside parking a short walk away, and there's a big Tesco/retail park a bit further. Given the circumstances, a parking ticket would be the least of your worries.

Reactions: Wisdom3_1-9, Kill Bill and autumnal
A

AtSea2020

Jul 7, 2020
Theres roadside parking a short walk away, and there's a big Tesco/retail park a bit further. Given the circumstances, a parking ticket would be the least of your worries.
Thank you. It's more the case of the carpark being closed and I wasn't sure how to access the area, tickets would indeed be the least of my worries. How far is the retail park etc? Do you think it's fairly easy to get to the cliff edge without too much attention? I'm worried as I haven't got anyone to go with but don't want to attract attention. Thanks for your help.

T

TotallyIsolated

Mage
Nov 25, 2019
I don't think you'd be conspicuous, no. There will be walkers and people doing their daily exercise etc... it's a popular spot. I parked at Eastbourne and it was like 10 minutes walk. I'd would be a bit longer from the retail park but you won't stand out.

Reactions: AtSea2020
A

AtSea2020

Jul 7, 2020
I don't think you'd be conspicuous, no. There will be walkers and people doing their daily exercise etc... it's a popular spot. I parked at Eastbourne and it was like 10 minutes walk. I'd would be a bit longer from the retail park but you won't stand out.
Is the retail park the sovereign one? Can't walk too far as I am in pain so might have to park as close a possible.

Toobrokentofix

Toobrokentofix

Experienced
Jul 7, 2020
I am pretty sure the pub is open again... If u fancied a swift half u could park up there maybe? It's right on the top of the tallest cliff I think

Reactions: TotallyIsolated and AtSea2020