CentreMid

CentreMid

Sorry
Aug 23, 2018
Even though I've moved out and no longer talk to them, the abuse from my parents and the trauma that comes with it all is hitting extra hard tonight.

I want nothing to do with them anymore, but a small part of me wishes they could see just how fucked up they made me and how much their abuse still affects me to this day. Why can't some people see that they are unfit to be parents? Why can't they see that what they do to their children has consequences?

I'm so mad. I don't know whether I should scream or cry or both.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sannti, psp3000, Forever Sleep and 5 others
Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
Even though I've moved out and no longer talk to them, the abuse from my parents and the trauma that comes with it all is hitting extra hard tonight.

I want nothing to do with them anymore, but a small part of me wishes they could see just how fucked up they made me and how much their abuse still affects me to this day. Why can't some people see that they are unfit to be parents? Why can't they see that what they do to their children has consequences?

I'm so mad. I don't know whether I should scream or cry or both.
Some parents are worst and they don't deserve to be parents

Hope you are okay!

Reactions: Avīci-, Pluto, magician99 and 1 other person
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
Sadly, many parents won't know until they have kids. But to continue to let the wrongdoing of their own behaviour continue is absolutely their fault.

Anyways, I am really sorry and I understand why you feel that way. It really is unfair :/

Reactions: (¥), CentreMid and magician99
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm sorry you have to go through this. It makes me angry when parents abuse their children or don't try everything to give their children they produced a good life. I hope you can find peace!

Reactions: CentreMid and magician99
Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
Hey, offtopic, but I thought you CBTd?
Just taking some time because I went for a swim, my landlord suddenly came to meet me, waiting until the night to do so no one comes

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and aabavaga
A

aabavaga

Jun 16, 2023
Just taking some time because I went for a swim, my landlord suddenly came to meet me, waiting until the night to do so no one comes
Alright, that reminds are you certain you tried everything you wanted to? Since you have postphoned CBT why not try the most exotic of activites, like parasailing and whatnot before CBT?

Reactions: Bastet and Vizzy
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
From my experience, they will never admit to any wrongdoing. They will always point fingers and hide behind a distorted, self-serving narrative of the situation.

Reactions: Bastet, SunnyDay_NoSunshine, CentreMid and 1 other person
BornHated

BornHated

God may judge, but his sins outnumber your own.
Nov 19, 2022
From my experience, they will never admit to any wrongdoing. They will always point fingers and hide behind a distorted, self-serving narrative of the situation.
Honestly, yeah. As time goes on I'm realizing that like... These people are old enough. Conscious enough. They've seen suffering. They've had time to see what's up and going on in the world and what they are or aren't financially capable of and responsible for. A bunch of people still have kids out of cultural obligation or as a legit financial ploy (not just for food stamps or smth, but for retirement/"bringing the family up" kinda BS that doesn't usually work anymore).
There's also the extra special flavor of being unable to see their kids "outdo" them so they stick to actively sabotaging them. ???? I wish there was a way to auto-sterilize narcissists, I swear to god.

Reactions: CentreMid and Pluto
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I find it so horrible how people cruelly and unnecessarily force life into this dreadful world especially when they treat the person so badly, humans really do create so much harm, it's awful how people suffer all through no fault of their own.

Last edited:
Reactions: CentreMid