restforeternity

restforeternity

Student
Feb 17, 2019
Many would think how selfish it is for the parent(s) to be leaving behind their offspring(s). Many would wonder why have them in the first place if their outlook in life is grim. How selfish of the parent(s) to breed more sentient beings into a world that is full of confusion and misery. Is it surprising how some parents commit murder-suicides. How heinous isn't it? They may aswell have just gone through an abortion. What difference does it make. You bring a child into the world, you do everything you can to create a tolerable environment. It gives parents a sense of purpose, something to look forward to. Then the child grows up to be subjected to make adult decision. You give these beings a chance at life and eventually they'll choose their own fate.

What would make parents reach the end of their rope?

C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
Sometimes they just feel trapped and are tired of all the responsibilities. Not to say it's right but parents are vulnerable human beings too. Shit happens and in their warped mindset they think they're saving their kids from suffering later on in life especially after a parents suicide. Idk that's just how I interpret acts like this other than them being a complete psychopath.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, restforeternity and idecidewhen
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
Many would think how selfish it is for the parent(s) to be leaving behind their offspring(s). Many would wonder why have them in the first place if their outlook in life is grim. How selfish of the parent(s) to breed more sentient beings into a world that is full of confusion and misery. Is it surprising how some parents commit murder-suicides. How heinous isn't it? They may aswell have just gone through an abortion. What difference does it make. You bring a child into the world, you do everything you can to create a tolerable environment. It gives parents a sense of purpose, something to look forward to. Then the child grows up to be subjected to make adult decision. You give these beings a chance at life and eventually they'll choose their own fate.

What would make parents reach the end of their rope?

Serious mental illness.

C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
Which part makes them a psychopath? Killing themselves or the murder suicide
Harming and killing their own kids without their own say into into it. There's no excuse for these kinds of twisted acts imo. I emphasize IMO.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
Harming and killing their own kids without their own say into into it. There's no excuse for these kinds of twisted acts imo. I emphasize IMO.
Ohhh gotcha yeah I agree

DrownedOctopus

DrownedOctopus

Experienced
Mar 2, 2019
I am a mother. Because of my want to end my life, I did what I could to prevent getting pregnant, but still she came.
Abortion was not something I'd ever consider because it's not my choice to end someone else's life, even if it has uet to really begin.
I struggled for 2 years trying to be the perfect mother for her, but nothing I've done has changed my mind. I had a second failed attempt this last Thanksgiving, only because she woke up puking.
I felt incredibly guilty for almost abandoning her. I held her for hours as she slept after that crying because of the guilt, not only for almost leaving her without a mother but for the fact that I still more than anything want to end my life even knowing she needs me.
Some days I can get through okay knowing that, other days I'm numb and don't care who it hurts so I start planning.
I justify it by telling myself she's young enough to eventually forget me. That she deserves a better mom. A happy mom.
Very often I feel terrible guilt for keeping her instead of giving her up for adoption.
I'd never in any way harm my child, I know she has hope to live a happy fulfilling life. She has potential.
I don't understand how parents can do that, it's something that I will never be able to wrap my head around.
In any case, I don't think parents who succeed with their attempts intend for it to harm or burden their children. I think they can, very often like me, convince themselves their children are better off with a certain relative or someone else as their parent. It makes it easier to follow through with an attempt. You're doing your child a favor by taking your own life, whether that's true or not.

Reactions: Sha70, YukiFox, GoneCantFindHer and 2 others
Sha70

Sha70

Student
Jul 22, 2018
I am a parent of 2 semi grown children. I feel as I am not suppose to be here on this earth... in this world. My mother almost aborted me when she was pregnant with me. The reason she was going to abort is she knew she would have a handicapped child. I have no purpose in life except for my children.