boredtodeath

boredtodeath

background noise
Jul 13, 2018
I've been feeling shit lately and not talking much as a result. just cant be arsed with putting effort into lifeless conversations with my parents who I share nothing in common with. So today my mum had a go at me basically saying I'm ungrateful and that I'm being sad for the fuck of it, and that I "have a mouth so you should use it." (I've had selective mutism since I was 12 lol)

It just pisses me off that SHE put me in this world and gave me the very problems she's irritated at me for having. I never asked for any of this fucking shit. I resent her for having me in the first place, forcing me to live a life with all of this mental illness bullshit.

as for my dad, he makes it blatantly obvious how he feels. he thinks I'm putting an effort in to be miserable and gloomy all day and even said earlier "I'm getting sick of it actually" overall he's a condescending fuck towards me.

sorry for the vent

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Phill, Woodnote and 12 others
S

SettOne1994

Student
Jan 30, 2020
Ok ill try be objective i dont usually reply to posts that talk about personal family problems. IM 100% with you about what you sayed they made you , they wanted to have a child ( remember this one when they get upset and you know its exagerrated) but also forget this IF the possibility exists of which i have thought that it might be our own initiation to making the agreement to be born with these 2 people we call parents and its a mutual agreement , its not just theirs.This is more about spiritual beliefs and its not proven , but we cant exclude this probability yet. I have the belief people forget their problems in afterlife so much so , that they choose once more to come into this planet . Our parents are not just mom and dad they are friends , and in the worst case just people like us. We have little related to them. Of course the first thought would be to say Hey you chose to have a good night moment in your bedroom and bring me from the dead here. It was not my choice. But this is thinking small . The other side can aswell be true. I even throwed that in their face in an argument i was born without a choice. But then i tryed philosophizing and i could be wrong.

Also i should mention i never had a parent tell me in a rude way " Stop your crying or this depressive behaviour "even if i didnt talk all day in the same house with them for years.
But i had been told in the face or under the carper (figuratively) that this pain i was causing to me was just me doing it. Which is 50% true 50% false.
Yes i can change if i want to with a definitive choice my circumstances but past circumstances created by the enviroment (people specifically) was a factor in what my mental state or issues might be today.... Take it easy on them but if they dont take it easy on them make yourself known. As your mother sayed you have a mouth use it.

Also i can somehow relate to what our parents say that its our own hand doing all the trouble these days even if the past was hard. Because this can be related to laziness the desire to work about our needs and wants. We are used as kids to have it on the plate. This is true if they bring it up but also rude if a parent insist on throwing it to your face.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I'm sorry that your parents aren't understanding and treating you like crap or worse. :aw: :hug: My parents are also unempathetic towards my suffering and life's woes. I stopped mentioning or bringing up the subject around my parents, mainly because I don't want them to intervene when I decide to check out (later this year) and also because I know I can't win an argument, there is no winning (except for when the day comes that I CTB and no longer have to deal with all my problems and how unfair, unjust, hypocritical the world, my peers, humanity is). Anyways, I wish you peace in whatever you choose to do. :heart::hug:

• Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob
Wolfjob_dayjob

Wolfjob_dayjob

Student
Oct 19, 2018
My life got much better when my parent left me on my state for college and peaced.
I
Ihaven't seen them in 7 years. I can't even get upset (except when they abuse the siblings still living with and orbiting her) because they know if they somehow get me on the phone I can hangup and disappear. I hope..maybe you could get free or at least they won't be asses to you... I'm sorry.

N

netrezven

Mage
Dec 13, 2018
They might have a point. If you are grown up enough, run as far as you can from them.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Sounds like your parents attempt to control you rather than themselves.

• Love
Chalken

Chalken

Decaying
Nov 20, 2018
Sorry about your parents. I think I have selective mutism too, so I know where you're coming from.

• Love
enjoy

enjoy

Creature
Dec 20, 2019
no clue how old you are but as soon as you've got a financial safety blanket, i'd get the fuck out of there. i also have shitty parents (bpd mom, negligent dad) who aren't doing shit for my mental health. i'm about to get a job so that i can get on accutane (i have severe bdd and my acne is my biggest issue) and get ready to jump ship and start living on my own. some parents are shite and you've got to adapt. run when you can. hugs to you.