• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

sideswipe84

sideswipe84

Aug 30, 2020
Here's a little background that might help answer my question.
i have been a heavy drinker on and off for years. When I take OTC painkillers that are paracetamol & codeine based I generally consume 6-8 at once.
April this year I have reverted to serious drinking, anywhere between 10-14 pints a day and generally a litre bottle of rum. Some days I have nothing but that's due to lack of funds.
multiple times I have consumed well over 50 paracetamol 500mg tablets in a single sitting.
I am confused as I have not suffered any "serious" complications from my actions.

I was under the impression that alcohol & paracetamol both attack our livers, but I am wondering if the alcohol actually protected my liver somehow from the paracetamol.
Reason I'm here asking anything is because Im considering the paracetamol route again but this time no alcohol.
is what I'm talking about from my experience unheard of?

I almost feel that no matter what I try it will lead to failure.

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
alcohol definitely did NOT protect your liver, and it is a guarantee you are eventually headed towards liver dysfunction or complete failure. I'm not sure how you are gauging that your liver is "fine." I would be shocked if your liver enzymes were not elevated, particularly if you have been drinking like that for years.

Reactions: sideswipe84, degeneratewaste and Homecoming
sideswipe84

sideswipe84

Aug 30, 2020
I am under no illusion that my insides are fine, I just fail to understand how at such large doses and frequency that I haven't suffered yet. I have read so much about the toxicology of paracetamol and that I was anticipating what was stated to come from my actions.

degeneratewaste

degeneratewaste

dressed for the grave.
Aug 24, 2020
Both paracetamol and heavy alcohol consumption harm the liver. If you carry on the way you are it's likely that you will end up having liver failure or at the least complications with your liver.

Reactions: sideswipe84
sideswipe84

sideswipe84

Aug 30, 2020
Both paracetamol and heavy alcohol consumption harm the liver. If you carry on the way you are it's likely that you will end up having liver failure or at the least complications with your liver.
I was under the same impression, but would rather skip complications and head straight for the main goal. Thank you for the replies everyone

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Nothing that would impact the process or dosage.
Single doses that large CAN cause liver failure. It almost definitely has caused liver dysfunction.

Reactions: Homecoming