• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Why.

Why.

Jun 8, 2018
I used to frequent a self harm recovery forum, and given the need for discretion for users who didn't want anyone else they lived with to see them there, the site implemented a panic button.

Basically how it worked, was once enabled, you could put in a URL of your choosing via profile settings, I think. Then a red ! button would be in one of the bottom corners of the page, and if someone came in, click it and it redirects to the selected URL.

panicbuttonq3s7t.png

I don't live alone, and get paranoid that I might be caught browsing or posting here by the person I live with. Would it be possible to implement such a thing here?

Reactions: autumnal, Deafsn0w, HeartbreakInStereo and 2 others
O

OfficerK

Experienced
May 6, 2018
Can't you just keep another browser window in the background and Alt-F4 this one whenever you have to?

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Vvoiid, Soon4me and 2 others
Why.

Why.

Jun 8, 2018
Yeah, I do that already. I get paranoid about not being fast enough, but I guess that'd be an issue with the button too. Was just a thought.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, HeartbreakInStereo and Cyanide
O

OfficerK

Experienced
May 6, 2018
Alright. I'm not opposed to it or anything.

Reactions: Deafsn0w and Cyanide
Why.

Why.

Jun 8, 2018
...Good point. Oh well, never mind. Thanks for the reply. :)

Reactions: Deafsn0w and Cyanide
Rex

Rex

Lonely af
May 25, 2018
...Good point. Oh well, never mind. Thanks for the reply. :)
Best bet, and easier to not mess up pressing is if you're on windows, hit the windows key + D and it minimises everything and just shows your taskbar, make the desktop icons compact so the title bar doesnt show, only the browser icon.

This is very quick and effective. Then just pretend you're doing something on your desktop for a moment.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Vvoiid, Luke and 4 others
Why.

Why.

Jun 8, 2018
Best bet, and easier to not mess up pressing is if you're on windows, hit the windows key + D and it minimises everything and just shows your taskbar, make the desktop icons compact so the title bar doesnt show, only the browser icon.

This is very quick and effective. Then just pretend you're doing something on your desktop for a moment.

Hey, sorry it took me a while to get back to this, I haven't been on for a while. But this is a really good idea I hadn't thought of, thank you!

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Cyanide and dano6533
EternalSanction

EternalSanction

-
Jun 7, 2018
Mac OS: press F11/command-f3 for Exposé , keys are mappable though. Also command-m will minimize your current window.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Cyanide, FTL.Wanderer and 2 others