Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
My anxiety has always been a huge factor when it came to my suicidal ideations. I need everything to be resolved almost immediately or I'm convinced the world is ending. I have a hard time distracting myself when it comes to my anxious thoughts, so it ends up getting worse. If I die, then so does the anxiety. There is no cure for generalized anxiety disorder as it's so broad. If it were a specific phobia, that would be a lot easier to conquer for me.

And also, I'm convinced my flavor of GAD is neurological in nature. Yes, there are childhood events that didn't help. Though, as I've stated in another post, I've always been a ticking time bomb. I've tried therapy, though that didn't 100% work. Yes, I'm not having constant episodes, but I still worry about every single inconvenience. I'm still thinking people will leave me over arguments, even though it's clear they just need space as they're still responding to me.

I constantly need reinsurance and can have the worst breakdowns if I'm unsure. I even annoyed people and came across as controlling. I hate this fucking condition so much and it's a shame that only death seems to be the cure for it.

Is there a way for my mind to be quiet for once before it's too late? Breathing doesn't help me with constant worriation and journaling only does so much.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Dead Ghost, lionetta12, crimson blue and 4 others
Off The Air

Off The Air

Human
Nov 1, 2018
Im so sorry you are feeling this way. I know how tough, miserable and exhausting GAD and paranoia can be. It makes every aspect of our lives feel like a life or death situation. Have you tried medication for it? This is a run-of-the-mill answer, but the best way of dealing with it that I've found is talking through your thoughts with someone that you trust or feel comfortable with. Someone non judgemental. Not even necessarily a therapist. For me I just need to decompress or I feel like I will explode(implode?) from all of my worrying and paranoia and unpleasant thoughts brought on by such high anxiety. I'm assuming you're the same? If that's not an answer you were looking for, how about something artistic? I know you said journaling wasn't for you, but do you like drawing or painting? I've journaled and it only helped to a point. I am terribly untalented at drawing but it's nice to just get anything down on paper that can express how I'm feeling without needing to think of the words. Sorry if this isn't what you were looking for, but I wish you the best

• Love
Reactions: Hirokami
Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
Im so sorry you are feeling this way. I know how tough, miserable and exhausting GAD and paranoia can be. It makes every aspect of our lives feel like a life or death situation. Have you tried medication for it? This is a run-of-the-mill answer, but the best way of dealing with it that I've found is talking through your thoughts with someone that you trust or feel comfortable with. Someone non judgemental. Not even necessarily a therapist. For me I just need to decompress or I feel like I will explode(implode?) from all of my worrying and paranoia and unpleasant thoughts brought on by such high anxiety. I'm assuming you're the same? If that's not an answer you were looking for, how about something artistic? I know you said journaling wasn't for you, but do you like drawing or painting? I've journaled and it only helped to a point. I am terribly untalented at drawing but it's nice to just get anything down on paper that can express how I'm feeling without needing to think of the words. Sorry if this isn't what you were looking for, but I wish you the best
I actually am on Lexapro 10 mg for GAD and Atarax 50 mg for panic attacks. They help to a point, mainly in preventing the more severe anxiety attacks. My mind still spirals, though I'll admit not as much.

However, I heard that Wellbutrin and Lexapro work perfectly together for anxiety. I'm just a bit hesitant as my mom didn't have a great experience with the former (it gave her suicidal thoughts). Doesn't hurt to ask my doctor, though.

As for talking to someone, last time I did I was told to seek therapy if my anxiety is this bad. I wasn't offended or anything as they meant it out of earnest. Plus, I'm used to it. If only they knew that I went to therapy for several years and only managed to control the physiological symptoms (heart racing, hyperventilation, etc). My next best bet would be joining a support group for people like me.

And I actually do like the arts. I know a bit of graphic design, so maybe I can somehow incorporate that into some vent pieces. That's not a bad idea. I think all your advice was solid and I appreciate you taking the time to help. (:

Last edited:
Reactions: Off The Air
Off The Air

Off The Air

Human
Nov 1, 2018
I actually am on Lexapro 10 mg for GAD
Im actually trying to get put back on Lexapro currently. Was on it for a while and it helped a bit like how you said. Have heard good things from people on Wellbutrin , so hopefully it'll work well with you.
My next best bet would be joining a support group for people like me.
I actually used to go to a couple different meetings in the past when I was feeling especially terrible and needed relief and it can definitely be a positive thing for you if it's a good group. These days I prefer online group interactions, but it's definitely not a bad option. Especially since therapy can be hit or miss.
And I actually do like the arts. I know a bit of graphic design, so maybe I can somehow incorporate that into some vent pieces. That's not a bad idea. I think all your advice was solid and I appreciate you taking the time to help. (:
Graphic design, that's very cool. I'd definitely support that idea and hope something like that helps even a little. Music too even.

I know that anxiety disorders effect everyone differently and are very personal and I hope the best for you

Reactions: Hirokami
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Aside from medication the two main ways to deal with anxiety is to avoid anxiety producing situations and develop anxiety coping skills.

The development of coping skills might be aided by recognizing the coping skills you have already developed. You can also divide your anxieties into categories such that you can identify a social anxiety as distinct from a performance anxiety or a task anxiety. Just viewing them as distinct helps develop a sense of control that can help reduce anxiety.

You might select a low risk anxiety and experiment with letting something "crash" to help reduce the fear of something going wrong by seeing that when something goes wrong, it is often not as bad as was feared.

• Informative
Reactions: Julgran, Hirokami and Dead Ghost
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
Aside from medication the two main ways to deal with anxiety is to avoid anxiety producing situations and develop anxiety coping skills.

The development of coping skills might be aided by recognizing the coping skills you have already developed. You can also divide your anxieties into categories such that you can identify a social anxiety as distinct from a performance anxiety or a task anxiety. Just viewing them as distinct helps develop a sense of control that can help reduce anxiety.

You might select a low risk anxiety and experiment with letting something "crash" to help reduce the fear of something going wrong by seeing that when something goes wrong, it is often not as bad as was feared.
You often give very good advice, Thanks!
//
Sovint dones consells molt bons, Merci!