Pardoe84

Pardoe84

Student
Jul 2, 2023
I have got 200x Bupropion 300mg, 200x Paroxetin 40mg and 100x Mirtazapin 45mg. Do you think this will do the job?

Will it cause liver damage or brain damage? Is death sure with that?

intr0verse

intr0verse

Experienced
Jan 29, 2021
The only antidepressants that are known to be lethal in overdose are tricyclic antidepressants like amitriptyline for example.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
This might be of interest for you regarding antidepressant OD and 2 other options.

Pardoe84

Pardoe84

Student
Jul 2, 2023
I found this:
  • Serious toxicity can be expected with doses > 6 g, and fatalities usually involve doses > 9 g.
200 x 300mg Bupropion would be the 60g. Do you think this dosis is fatal?

antilife

antilife

Sep 11, 2023
I found this:
  • Serious toxicity can be expected with doses > 6 g, and fatalities usually involve doses > 9 g.
200 x 300mg Bupropion would be the 60g. Do you think this dosis is fatal?
No its too risky that youll survive

Scattered-Soul

Scattered-Soul

It was an indescribable pain
Oct 2, 2023
I'd advise you against doing this. Those antidepressants are made to not be lethal even if you take an insanely high dose, you'll just end up with brain damage. I'm not saying it's completely impossible but it's too risky.

Reactions: mob
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
You survive in most overdose situations.
People could do it more easily in the past with barbiturates but they are banned/ very difficult to get hold of in most countries now.
As it is , with most overdoses you would survive a very unpleasant experience with long term bad internal damage.
I suppose if you were a doctor/pharmacist with expert knowledge and easy access to all manner of drugs you could do it..... but otherwise its difficult.

Reactions: finishLana
mob

mob

Student
Jul 19, 2023
I'd advise you against doing this. Those antidepressants are made to not be lethal even if you take an insanely high dose, you'll just end up with brain damage. I'm not saying it's completely impossible but it's too risky.
Agree. Why would a doctor prescribe you something against depression and suicidality that could certainly kill you?

Most antidepressants won't do the job unfortunately. Sure, it depends on the dose, everything can be lethal - if you take enough. But would you also eat 30 tablespoons of salt? Antidepressant OD means guaranteed suffering, possibly permanent damage. I also advise against this.

Reactions: finishLana