I

idk_420

Oct 22, 2023
Hi so I need some advice I don't have anything other then over the counter medication how much tylonal or somthing like that would send me to the hospital but not necessarily kill me cus yes I'm suicidal but a small part of me just wants to like be in the hospital ig Ik it's fucked up but yeah

S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
Difficult to judge what dosage of any OTC meds will hit a balance between requiring medical assistance and leaving you with ongoing organ damage.
My own experience from working in Hospital situations in the UK would also suggest that you'd get little sympathy or understanding in many of our ER Rooms. With emergency staff working 12-14 hour shifts, often without a proper break, self inflicted injuries tend to get a rough reception and bounced out asap as time wasters.

Reactions: kilowatt, Beyond_Repair, DyingToDie123 and 2 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
If you intend to OD as a "cry for help" and it sounds like that then I strongly advise you NOT TO TRY to kill yourself. Seek other forms of help and take your time to make a clear decision whether CTB is the only way out for you or there are other ways to recover.

Why would you endanger yourself ending up with possible organ damage? That would only increase your suffering but not solve your actual problems.

Reactions: Beyond_Repair and NoHorizon
Division Day

Division Day

It's life that scares me to death
Oct 28, 2023
Difficult to judge what dosage of any OTC meds will hit a balance between requiring medical assistance and leaving you with ongoing organ damage.
My own experience from working in Hospital situations in the UK would also suggest that you'd get little sympathy or understanding in many of our ER Rooms. With emergency staff working 12-14 hour shifts, often without a proper break, self inflicted injuries tend to get a rough reception and bounced out asap as time wasters.
I guess it depends on who you get. I got dragged to A&E and they were all super nice to me. You probably wouldn't get sent out quickly since they'd be waiting for someone from the mental health team to show up, and that usually takes a while.

S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
I guess it depends on who you get. I got dragged to A&E and they were all super nice to me. You probably wouldn't get sent out quickly since they'd be waiting for someone from the mental health team to show up, and that usually takes a while.

we recently had an 89 year old man wait in reception for 19 hours to be seen by a Dr, so in the Royal Infirmary in Glasgow no one really gets discharged quickly. Average wait time is around 6-8 hours in our area before being seen.

I

idk_420

Oct 22, 2023
Hi so I need some advice I don't have anything other then over the counter medication how much tylonal or somthing like that would send me to the hospital but not necessarily kill me cus yes I'm suicidal but a small part of me just wants to like be in the hospital ig Ik it's fucked up but yeah
I'm not saying like a cry for help what I mean is like if it ends up killing me and oh well that's what I want anyway but if It doesn't then that's fine also I just can't do this anymore I've reached out to professionals and they haven't. Done anything to help me

DyingToDie123

DyingToDie123

she/her
Oct 25, 2023
Not sure if it's the same for you but you can go to the hospital just for being suicidal without taking anything. :)

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
You could just go to the hospital and tell them you are suicidal. You don't need to do anything that could risk you suffering from permament organ damage. Trust me, attempting to OD on medication, OTC or not, is a pretty horrible experience.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
I

idk_420

Oct 22, 2023
I dont have a way to go to the hospital without my mom knowing and due to personal circumstances I'm worried if I tell them that I'd go into state custody