N

Nati

Nov 6, 2020
Pretty annoyed that I'm still getting surprised of how bad the situation is.
My brother asked me to help him with his kids for 24h. His my favorite brother and his kids are great. He would have drive me back and forth so I won't need to use the bus and pretty much everything in this situation is comfortable. I immediately agreed because I knew that if I were to wait then I will think of an excuse to not go even though I knew it will be good for me.
The second I sent the message I felt regret.
My body got tensed, got heavy breathing and felt pretty bad overall. Physically. In my brain I knew it would be fine and I love him and the kids but it felt like my body is yelling at me for daring to do something… Slowly it gotten worse and then it transferred to anxiety. After six hours of this I sent him a message to cancel.

I wouldn't mind it as much if it was to help a stranger or someone that isn't close to me.. I've gotten used to it. It's the fact that I felt like this when trying to help my brother feels like a punch to the face. I'm that much out of control. Oh and BTW, the worst part is I have no idea why I feel that. At least if I didn't like him or maybe I had anxiety of sleeping at others house or maybe I don't like driving but it's none of that. I literally have no reason to have any anxiety over this. My subconscious is king and I'm the servant.

trianglesplayhouse

trianglesplayhouse

Nov 14, 2021
I'm sorry. But it could've been a bad experience for both you and the children if you went through with it and had really bad anxiety.

I dont know what your brothers stance on mental health is; you could tell him you felt really overwhelmed and anxious for no reason and that you felt you wouldn't have done a good job.

Everyone is a slave to their emotions. It's a tough thing to control and when it's way too strong no one can control it. I think you made the right decision.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry you are going through this. Anxiety can be really awful and it can torture many people. It sounds very stressful to be in that situation. I wish you the best, I hope there is a way for you to feel better.