M

meles_inoris

Student
Mar 18, 2020
I can't stop thinking about getting hooked on some sort of drug and being addicted for decades. Which one will have the least detrimental effects on my life? Before you answer, I know they're all bad, and acid/shrooms/weed are not my cup of tea.

Nodscene

Nodscene

Its time
Jun 7, 2019
If I were choose for myself it would definitely be H if you can get it. Hell if I could get some now I'd definitely be doing it :)

• Love
Reactions: Huntfish34 and Fragile
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Dxm? It's legal in small amounts like in cough syrup but higher amounts are usually regulated but still can be easily obtainable. I heard some ppl can get addicted to it but I also read that it's not supposed to be addictive (???) so I'm kinda confused but I'd say it's probably the less serious kind

L

lost_soul83

Wizard
Jan 7, 2019
I would pick h definitely. Try a speedball, h and some coke together, one helluva ride!

Reactions: Huntfish34 and LONE WOLF.
ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
Dxm? It's legal in small amounts like in cough syrup but higher amounts are usually regulated but still can be easily obtainable. I heard some ppl can get addicted to it but I also read that it's not supposed to be addictive (???) so I'm kinda confused but I'd say it's probably the less serious kind
It's not physically addictive, but it's not uncommon to become psychologically addicted to it. That doesn't mean heavy and long term use doesn't cause damage though.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34
L

lost_soul83

Wizard
Jan 7, 2019
I would definitely NOT recommend dextromethorophan (Robitussin cough syrup). My brother lost his marbles a couple times from using that and ended up in the psych ward.

Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
It depends on your goals... addiction is far worse with H than with C or MDMA.
But neurotoxicity is worse with C or MDMA than with H.
Same general toxicity though.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34, Skathon and Fragile
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
You can go a long time on ADD drugs. But u will have to take breaks sometimes which is hell. Lol! I consider these to be equal in habit forming as meth or coke. But u can control your use easier.

• Hugs
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
I was addicted to H & C-C(Snowballs) for several years(injecting) 4/5 times daily until l couldn't get a vein anywhere then l got on a treatment program in 2008, and was on 120mls of Methadone now down to 55mls 12years later! "Wanting to get a addiction" Not a good idea!!!

Reactions: TapeMachine, Huntfish34 and ketchup sandwich
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
If you really want to do this, then you should also weigh in the times when you don't have access to the drug you want. The withdrawal symptoms should be your main concern in the long run, because believe me, after some years you will completely forget how good they used to feel and you'll start using them just to escape the negative effects and issues that they cause.

In my opinion, the withdrawals in a descending order will go like:

1. alcohol/benzos
  2. Heroin and heavy opioid use
  3. cocaine
  4. meth and similar stimulants

Whichever you choose, just avoid alcohol and benzos like the plague, this is now being accepted as the worst drug related withdrawal because it can literally kill you and some people argue that the GABA receptors can only partially recover, if they can recover at all, so you're looking at years of detox and life-long side effects depending on your level of abuse.
They will also turn you into an anxious mess really quick, more-so than any other drug.

Btw, don't take this as me trying to stop you, it's important to know this stuff before making a choice.

• Love
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
If you really want to do this, then you should also weigh in the times when you don't have access to the drug you want. The withdrawal symptoms should be your main concern in the long run, because believe me, after some years you will completely forget how good they used to feel and you'll start using them just to escape the negative effects and issues that they cause.

In my opinion, the withdrawals in a descending order will go like:

1. alcohol/benzos
  2. Heroin and heavy opioid use
  3. cocaine
  4. meth and similar stimulants

Whichever you choose, just avoid alcohol and benzos like the plague, this is now being accepted as the worst drug related withdrawal because it can literally kill you and some people argue that the GABA receptors can only partially recover, if they can recover at all, so you're looking at years of detox and life-long side effects depending on your level of abuse.
They will also turn you into an anxious mess really quick, more-so than any other drug.

Btw, don't take this as me trying to stop you, it's important to know this stuff before making a choice.
Well dopamine receptors don't recover after C or meth.
As for benzos, yes they're harmful at high dose in the long run, but comparing them with alcohol...
Some people are glad to have them punctually for panic attacks.

Punctually meaning not more than two weeks or only once or twice a week.
Anyway OP clearly wants to get high with hard drugs so I doubt they're going to take benzos.
I would have switched 3 and 4 such as 1 and 2 imo.
Probably removed benzos unless OP wants to take them in the long run, which I doubt.

Last edited:
T

toasterairplane

Jan 12, 2021
Ecstasy would be my choice if you arent interested in shrooms

Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
Well dopamine receptors don't recover after C or meth.
As for benzos, yes they're harmful at high dose in the long run, but comparing them with alcohol...
Some people are glad to have them punctually for panic attacks.

Punctually meaning not more than two weeks or only once or twice a week.
Anyway OP clearly wants to get high with hard drugs so I doubt they're going to take benzos.
I would have switched 3 and 4 such as 1 and 2 imo.
Probably removed benzos unless OP wants to take them in the long run, which I doubt.
I completely disagree on benzos, they are one of the most addictive psychiatric substances by a lot and that's why they are classified as a hard drug regardless of their therapeutic use, and one of the most addictive in that category too. Many psychiatrist are aware of this and they refuse to prescribe them to some people.

yes, they can be used in the very short term, and that's how they should be used, but OP is specifically asking about a long term addiction, and I'm sure that any health professional could tell you just how devastating their long-term use will be, the withdrawal is known to kill some people and side effects like anhedonia, akathisia and cognitive impairment, among others, are known to persist for years after the detox, the worst cases tend to be life-long. Some people kill themselves because of this.

And now lets compare them with alcohol, there will be very little effects if you use alcohol regularly and in moderation, the same as benzos and while it's true that it has worse body symptoms, the withdrawals are still comparable. but that's whats so dangerous about benzos, they are really sneaky and you'll only notice about your issues after you are already deeply addicted to them.
Also, heavy benzo addiction is often accompanied with alcoholism.

Reactions: littlelungs and Celerity
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
I would pick h definitely. Try a speedball, h and some coke together, one helluva ride!
Or H & a rock of Crack = Snowball! Wicked rush but effects only last a minute if you've got good Crack! Very Quickly Addictive, 3 hits and You're hooked! Definitely one to be Avoided 100%!!!

A

Anonymous_A

Arcanist
Oct 4, 2020
Forget h, just huff duster or someshit. Grab duster/cans of paint/cans of aerosols.
Never tried it but ay, yolo right?

sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
amphetamines ftw!

Reactions: Celerity
Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
Damntt... I guess I cant contribute much to the topic? ( My main choices would be ... Weed, Shrooms, and LSD ) Id certainly say to try MDMA / MDA at least 1 time in your life tho ! I know they can be fairly harmful when abused and then with the comedown, just be smart and use in moderation !

Reactions: LONE WOLF.