Killstofferson

Killstofferson

Oct 7, 2022
Recreational weed is legal in my state. It's fun. I've got no complaints about it. I did think in the past that weed withdrawal was causing my SI, though. I've only recently determined that it probably wasn't withdrawal from the weed that was causing my suicidal thoughts. It was, of all things, over-the-counter sleeping pills. I'm sure that this behavior is just a symptom of how we live our lives in this day and age, but I've always hated being idle. I either want to be fully awake, either working or having fun, or I want to be asleep because my body needs it. I don't want to wait for either thing. This has gradually led to a trend of me bringing myself up with caffeine, then bringing myself down with a sleeping pill at night.

Anyway, it's a first-world problem, and I'm working on the solution right now. My advice: Exercise is great, but do it in the morning or it's going to keep you awake. Also, be careful with medications containing diphenhydramine (Benadryl) or Doxylamine Succinate (Sominex). It's known that these kinds of pills can make you cranky, but sometimes it's a lot worse than that. Hope this helps someone.

Reactions: Widdershins and mortuarymary