Henryk

Henryk

Tonight I'm gonna rest my chemistry
Apr 22, 2022
I intend to use the CO method for CTB but I would also like to donate my organs if I have time, could CO poisoning make the process impossible? If so I thought of the suspension method as an alternative. I would like people who want to live to make better use of my organs

• Hugs
Reactions: Harrow and アホペンギン
B

bluebus

meet me at the back of the blue bus
Aug 5, 2023
I think there is a lot of debate on that topic, from what I read online. One source says "Traditionally, CO poisoning has been considered a contraindication to organ procurement. The possibility of organ procurement from donors who died of CO poisoning has been discussed in the scientific literature" and "Patients who have succumbed to carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning, a common cause of toxicological mortality, are usually rejected as organ donors."

Another more recent article on the subject: https://www.cambridge.org/core/serv...ent_a_canadian_emergency_physician_survey.pdf

I totally get wanting to leave something positive of your life. I would love my organs to be donated too. I don't know how possible that is unfortunately. It also depends on how soon you are found. The major organs need to be receiving consistent oxygenated blood after the person dies in order for them to be salvageable, which can only happen in a hospital setting.

"Because people who take their own lives are often not suitable candidates for organ donation (e.g., the body is not found in time for organ harvesting, the means of death harms the organ's functioning, etc.), such decedents represent only a small minority of organ donors worldwide."

It's a sad reality. But it doesn't mean it's not possible. All the best, bb

• Informative
Reactions: Henryk and アホペンギン
D

DeadHead

Belief is the enemy of knowledge
Aug 20, 2023
In the UK, the medical mafia will finish you off just to get your organs.

B

bluebus

meet me at the back of the blue bus
Aug 5, 2023
In the UK, the medical mafia will finish you off just to get your organs.
Lol I'm not sure why that made me laugh. I'm glad that they take it seriously over there I guess. Also long live Jerry ✌️he'll never be forgotten.

Reactions: DeadHead
H

HerculePoirot

(Frozen account)
Sep 25, 2022
I'm afraid you need to die inside an hospital to donate your organs (except your corneas)

Reactions: bluebus and Henryk
regal20

regal20

Sep 19, 2022
Most of the organs used for transplants are not taken from completely dead people, but from people who have had "only" brain death. If you hang yourself, are found and medics manage to restore circulation in your body then the organs will be suitable for donation to others. Unfortunately, by the way, you run a great risk of surviving with only brain damage and functioning as a vegetable for the rest of your life.

• Aww..
Reactions: ctvunny, bluebus and Das Nichts
Henryk

Henryk

Tonight I'm gonna rest my chemistry
Apr 22, 2022
"Because people who take their own lives are often not suitable candidates for organ donation (e.g., the body is not found in time for organ harvesting, the means of death harms the organ's functioning, etc.), such decedents represent only a small minority of organ donors worldwide."
in that case I don't have many options but to hope that it will be possible in the situation they find me :(
Most of the organs used for transplants are not taken from completely dead people, but from people who have had "only" brain death. If you hang yourself, are found and medics manage to restore circulation in your body then the organs will be suitable for donation to others. Unfortunately, by the way, you run a great risk of surviving with only brain damage and functioning as a vegetable for the rest of your life.
that would really be a problem. The real worst case scenario for me would be to end up becoming a vegetable.

A

AbsurdCapybara

Jul 16, 2023
Someone come kill me and take my organs, I don't mind.

• Love
Reactions: mungbean, bluebus and Harrow